IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday August 18th

markjazzbassist

I’m expecting Soton to be in the relegation battle again this year and I expect 3 points out of this match. I’m expecting the same lineup as wolves (bar jags) as the new guys won’t be ready to go yet.

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Keane Baines 

Schneiderlin Gana

walcott             Gylfi        Richarlison

Tosun

With Holgate being injured I can definitely see Mina coming in alongside Keane,

He may not have had much of a Pre-Season but he's only had 3 weeks off due to the World Cup... Really can't wait to see him in the kit a BIG, Mean and Dominant Center back  somthing we haven't had for a while... Has a decent goal-scoring record as well for a CB...

P.S has anyone else not got there season tickets yet? Getting a  little worried here :')... 

2 hours ago, Gatesy said:

With Holgate being injured I can definitely see Mina coming in alongside Keane,

He may not have had much of a Pre-Season but he's only had 3 weeks off due to the World Cup... Really can't wait to see him in the kit a BIG, Mean and Dominant Center back  somthing we haven't had for a while... Has a decent goal-scoring record as well for a CB...

P.S has anyone else not got there season tickets yet? Getting a  little worried here :')... 

Jnr got his on Tuesday and mine arrived yesterday 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

A winger that has only scored 31 times in 292 career league appearances (15 goals and 10 assists in 138 in the PL) would suggest he isn'ttt great.

So giggs was crap?  He didn’t score much.   David Silva plays on the wing he doesn’t score much?  That’s a very rudimentary way to define a good winger. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

So giggs was crap?  He didn’t score much.   David Silva plays on the wing he doesn’t score much?  That’s a very rudimentary way to define a good winger. 

Redmond a goal / assist every 5.52 games. 

Giggs and Silva are between every 2 and 3 games. Both of them have a pretty decent medal collection too. I never said it was the only way to define a good player but its a fairly simple way to start. Redmond is a player that is great until it comes to actually providing something that matters. 

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:05, Newty82 said:

I don't see Silva as the type to rush anyone in. I think the lads gave a good account of themselves today so Silva won't be panicked.

But I'd expect to see them starting to get eased in via the bench etc.

Suppose it depends on how they look in training.

Agree. But given their comments on signing I'd hope they are keen to get their first taste of Goodison. Would like Mina to start and others on bench if fit.

I'd love to see both Mina and someone more attacking next to Schneiderlin / Gana but I agree that Mark's squad is most likely.

I'd love to see us link up with Tosun more successfully this match; Rich was brilliant against Wolves but we played far too frequently through the left side. We've much more talent than this team - we should be able to approach them with a varied attack.

I think we could line something like this if these players are felt to be ready 

Pickford 

Coleman    Mina.             Keane.    Baines    

Schneiderlin   

Gylfi.                      Bernard/ Gomes

Walcott                Tosun            Richarlison  

On 12/08/2018 at 19:47, Bailey said:

A winger that has only scored 31 times in 292 career league appearances (15 goals and 10 assists in 138 in the PL) would suggest he isn'ttt great.

Agree. He scores the occasional good goal that elevates his status, but if you watch him in a full match he looks bang average.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Agree. He scores the occasional good goal that elevates his status, but if you watch him in a full match he looks bang average.

he has played for absolute garbage teams, norwich and soton.  given some actual quality around him i think he would be a fantastic signing.  cheap and english too.

Well it’s inevitable that Redmond will score against us now...

I would honestly go the same team that started against Wolves - if Holgate is carrying a knock and either Mina or Zouma are able to step in ( for jags(for mike)) then great. 

Baines and Coleman were bombing forward which you need with the 4-2-3-1 as with the 2 one hunts the ball ( Gana ) whilst the other covers ( Morgan ). The forward 4 we have now can be devastating, especially with our fullbacks getting forward. Last year we played 4-2-3-1 and had our full backs sit deep.

All in all - I think we’ve got goals in this team and if we can lock it up better at the back we will win a lot of games this season.

25 minutes ago, Btay said:

I would honestly go the same team that started against Wolves

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Jags suspended so not possible that.

19 minutes ago, Btay said:

That why I mentioned Holgate or one of our new CB’s pal! Thought that much was obvious 🤷‍♂️

Not having that even from someone confused by living upside down, reminds me of my wife, "....I never said that..." thirty seconds after she said it:P.