IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday August 18th

markjazzbassist

Jags hasn’t ended his career at all. He will appear again, of course he will. He got sent off, hasn’t broke both his legs.

Before the first match people were rightly pointing out he’s still the best CB we had before any signings, a red card and he’s ended his career.

It will be difficult,but we still have a full season and two cups to play in.

On 14/08/2018 at 20:58, markjazzbassist said:

he has played for absolute garbage teams, norwich and soton.  given some actual quality around him i think he would be a fantastic signing.  cheap and english too.

I agree, you only have to look at Oxlade-Chamberlain his goal record is woeful considering he's played in much better sides than Redmond but he looks far more effective at the shite albeit sometimes playing through the middle 

He was a steal at £2m a few seasons ago always thought at the time we missed a trick with him 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I feel like a little kid again I'm that excited to watch us play again. Didn't think I'd be saying that after the torture of last season, but I cannot wait to get to Goodison Park.

Got that exact same feeling.

I just hope it is what it promises to be. If it is...Goodison will be rocking.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

Jags hasn’t ended his career at all. He will appear again, of course he will. He got sent off, hasn’t broke both his legs.

Before the first match people were rightly pointing out he’s still the best CB we had before any signings, a red card and he’s ended his career.

It will be difficult,but we still have a full season and two cups to play in.

In the Cardiff City-Newcastle match being played now, Craig Pawson somehow missed an obvious yellow/possible red right in front of him.  No card at all.  Referee inconsistency is maddening.

Edit - second half, Pawson gives a red for a tackle roughly similar to Jagielka’s.  Wonder whether it will occasion a similar amount of debate among commentators and fans.

It's an uninspiring team from centre midfield and centre half. But I understand the reason why that is the selection.

Schneiderlein, gueye, holgate and Keane are playing for their futures really.   If they don't see that then they must be daft.  

Gylfi I'm sure will move to a deeper role when Bernard is ready.