Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Southampton (Home) Saturday August 18th

6 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Schneiderlin also played well before his injury. Typical of him to get injured right after he starts playing well, though. 😉

Mate it’s just good to know we’ve got a manager who’s getting something out of them. 

Damn important to keep focused. Our defence looks shaky at times, but the midfielders and offensive players should be good enough to play focused passings throughout 90+ minutes really.

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

Armstrong should've been off and escapes without a yellow. Cynical and makes contact with the ref while yelling in his face.

Agreed, nyblue.

Phew! Tough 3 points to get that, in the way that Southampton went about it. How they finished without a red I've no idea.

We still have an issue to address...their goal was pathetic by us. How can their main striker be stood in the middle of the 6 yard box at a corner and no one even come close to marking him? That's a problem.

Number of good performances out there. Some nice football. Nice ideas.

Onwards we go.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Phew! Tough 3 points to get that, in the way that Southampton went about it. How they finished without a red I've no idea.

We still have an issue to address...their goal was pathetic by us. How can their main striker be stood in the middle of the 6 yard box at a corner and no one even come close to marking him? That's a problem.

Number of good performances out there. Some nice football. Nice ideas.

Onwards we go.

That goal was terrible. Our set piece defending clearly needs a lot of work. This zonal marking thing Silva insists on isn'tt working for us. We better spend a lot of time on the training pitch getting it right this week.

Mina will be a help from set peices. Even brands has said we will lose some points early on due to signing players so late. We get a win next week and we can bed Bernard and the rest in during the stupid international break 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Why the fuck was that so testy??? Was key that we got over the line - a draw would have knocked the stuffing out of us. 

Defence needs sorting. 

Southampton had no answers so resorted to kicking lumps out of our players and somehow managed to keep all 11 men on the pitch.

It was a soft goal that we conceded and it looked like the players were suffering from a case of the "here we go agains"

But they found some confidence and fought for the 3 points. As the team gets more in tune with each other the chances that we have been squandering will be taken.

I thought in our first 2 games we looked like we were able to create a lot of chances and it was just a case of getting it into the net. That will come, crosses from Coleman that are over hit will start finding their mark.

Kanchelskis Jnr summed it up for me 

"Apart from Richarlison, all the players on the field were there under Big Sam, yet the difference in play now is staggering! The players are positive, look for the spaces and are quick to attack! A pleasure to watch and a breath of fresh air. Marco is really showing his worth"

Although we didn't look like world beaters it's staggering the effect a decent man manager can have on a side with good staff around them 

44 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Mina will be a help from set peices. Even brands has said we will lose some points early on due to signing players so late. We get a win next week and we can bed Bernard and the rest in during the stupid international break 

The international break is after the Huddersfield game. 

Where can I get some of what Mark Hughes is smoking?

"For the most part we did OK, I thought we had the better general play and chances created. Unfortunately we found ourselves two down."

Mario ( ;) ) Silva once again showing how inept Lardiola is. Almost the same players as fat head had available and yet we’ve gone from playing dour, negative, play not to lose football, to positive, quick, attacking football. 

Its not been perfect by any means, but it just goes to show what a difference the manager can make to players. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Where can I get some of what Mark Hughes is smoking?

"For the most part we did OK, I thought we had the better general play and chances created. Unfortunately we found ourselves two down."

I agree with him unfortunately you did find yourselfs 2-0 down unfortunately for us it should have been 4-0 down. 

Period at the end of the game, maybe from 70th-80th - our attack was so crisp and fast. Quick balls around the corner, always moving the ball. Definitely some encouraging signs. Keep this momentum going!