• Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Morgan Schneiderlin
    • Theo Walcott
    • Cenk Tosun
    • Richarlison
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Hard as there were a few excellent performances.

Went with Gana as he seemed to be absolutely everywhere. Gets some stick, but spent a lot of time in their third and set up a lot of attacks.

Gylfi was very good. Holgate was excellent. Tosun worked very hard. Richarlison.... such a good player!

Same. Gana made some decisive blocks, set up and linked play well, and at one point was getting a touch to absolutely everything. Gylfi great all match. Davies pretty solid although went missing at times.

Really, everyone had a good game bar Coleman and maybe Keane.

In the first half Schneiderlin was fantastic, second half Gana really stepped up to cover for him. Walcott gets and assist and a goal, Richarlison scores again and was a handful, Tosun gave their defence a nightmare (even without any clear chances for him), the back four were sold (including Keane apart from the long ball over his head) one luck get off for Pickford, but Gylfi just dominated. He kept possession, he made up tick, he calmed and dictated the play as we saw the game out. 

We were unlucky not to win 4-1, I’m very excited by this team!!

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

toss up between gana, gylfi, richarlison and holgate for me.  

same for me really but in the end I went for Richarlison, purely for his third goal in two games, I hope he can keep this going for a while as I want to see him get a shot at the golden boot.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

In the first half Schneiderlin was fantastic, second half Gana really stepped up to cover for him. Walcott gets and assist and a goal, Richarlison scores again and was a handful, Tosun gave their defence a nightmare (even without any clear chances for him), the back four were sold (including Keane apart from the long ball over his head) one luck get off for Pickford, but Gylfi just dominated. He kept possession, he made up tick, he calmed and dictated the play as we saw the game out. 

We were unlucky not to win 4-1, I’m very excited by this team!!

More to come too Ste! 

This squad is practically last season's minus Richarlison. Marco seems to be making Koeman and Allerdyce & co look very stupid.

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

More to come too Ste! 

This squad is practically last season's minus Richarlison. Marco seems to be making Koeman and Allerdyce & co look very stupid.

I agree mate, I was smiling most of the first half just watching them all knocking the ball about and running into space, looking very comfortable and looking like they enjoyed playing. My mate who comes with me was saying that in the second half we were all having a little panic in the crowd, but on the pitch and on the bench they all looked relaxed, like they knew they were good enough to see it out. 

I thought the same as well about ten of the eleven being there last season. Sam has spent all summer telling the press that we couldn’t play attaching football with the squad he had at Everton. Couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Looking forward to seeing Bernard in this side. 

58 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree mate, I was smiling most of the first half just watching them all knocking the ball about and running into space, looking very comfortable and looking like they enjoyed playing. My mate who comes with me was saying that in the second half we were all having a little panic in the crowd, but on the pitch and on the bench they all looked relaxed, like they knew they were good enough to see it out. 

I thought the same as well about ten of the eleven being there last season. Sam has spent all summer telling the press that we couldn’t play attaching football with the squad he had at Everton. Couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Looking forward to seeing Bernard in this side. 

Not to mention some decent pressing! Such a relief after these past couple of years.