IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday August 25th

markjazzbassist

They've started off well with 2 wins (West ham and Cardiff) against lower opposition.  This will be a good test for us as they are at home and should come out attacking.  It could be real end to end stuff with us going at them as well.  In my heart i know we should get all 3 points and that's what i want.  I'm guessing we will see the same lineup as Soton minus schneiderlin due to injury.  Maybe we can finally see bernard?

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Keane Baines

Gana

Bernard    Gylfi

Walcott        Tosun     Richarlison

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

They've started off well with 2 wins (West ham and Cardiff) against lower opposition.  This will be a good test for us as they are at home and should come out attacking.  It could be real end to end stuff with us going at them as well.  In my heart i know we should get all 3 points and that's what i want.  I'm guessing we will see the same lineup as Soton minus schneiderlin due to injury.  Maybe we can finally see bernard?

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Keane Baines

Gana

Bernard    Gylfi

Walcott        Tosun     Richarlison

That’s the team I’d go for. I think Davies gives the ball away too much. Especially away from home. Bournemouth’s pitch is not the biggest so you need people who can keep possession and not get hit on the break. He might play Bernard in the cup instead but I’d deffo play him. Should be a cracking game. I’d be hopeful of 3 points. 1-3 cenk, Walcott and Baines 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

That’s the team I’d go for. I think Davies gives the ball away too much. Especially away from home. Bournemouth’s pitch is not the biggest so you need people who can keep possession and not get hit on the break. He might play Bernard in the cup instead but I’d deffo play him. Should be a cracking game. I’d be hopeful of 3 points. 1-3 cenk, Walcott and Baines 

Davies made 4 unsuccessful passes, Gana had 9 although played more minutes. 

I'd argue he's one of the next at keeping it. Remember the end of last season he was the player we looked to to keep the ball in the corner held his own very well and helped tick down the clock. 

I get you, it’s all about opinions. I don’t read too much into stats of completed passes. You could get the ball off a centre back and pass it back. Completed pass. I don’t think gana is the greatest at pass completion either but if we are playing with one holding player he covers so much ground. I wouldn’t play Davies as our one holder anyway is what I was alluding to 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I get you, it’s all about opinions. I don’t read too much into stats of completed passes. You could get the ball off a centre back and pass it back. Completed pass. I don’t think gana is the greatest at pass completion either but if we are playing with one holding player he covers so much ground. I wouldn’t play Davies as our one holder anyway is what I was alluding to 

Yea he's definitely not a sitter. I'm hoping McCarthy might be able to adapt to that role would ease him back him rather than having to go box to box. 

I will be going this game as i'm 10 mins away. I'm hoping for a change of fortune as we haven't been good here since Bournemouth came up. Hoping to see Bernard get some game time, i'm expecting the same starting XI as per Saints game bar Morgan.

Not a fan of Davies and never have been, i might get to see how bad he is in real time!

Don't think we will be seeing any of the new boys in this game... Personally I think they will get a run out for the League Cup! 

If we get the same starting line up as last week but with Davies in instead of Schnieds i'll be happy with that.

Davies had a decent game on the weekend and I wouldn't say that lightly because I am one of the people who doesn't think hes ready for first team football, but if he can put in a Shift like Saturday I don't mind him getting a run of games until a better option is available!

5 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Bournemouth fans voted Everton as their most hated team last season. I don't know where that came from but apparently they hate our guts...

Don't blame them last season....I hated us too! If it's deeper than that then very odd, you'd have thought Southampton would be the obvious one.

I don't expect to see any of Bernard, though I'd like to see him come on for a bit in the second half. I'm mostly hoping to see Zouma break up the Holgate - Keane pairing qhich I have no confidence in whatsoever. 

Sadly with this lineup I don't see us coming away with 3 points on the road but I hope I'm wrong.

Interesting that Lookman doesnt make the bench... my mate Dave who knows the receptionists daughter's, window clearner's son-in-law's cat heard from a particularly descriptive meoouuww that Lookman was seen with only one leg and that his other has had to be amputated due to gangrene. He is expected to be out for the rest of the season until the new ground breaking medical treatment from the Deadpool University has allowed him to grow a new leg... Or it could just be that Bernard is better but I have no reason to doubt what Dave was told.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Interesting that Lookman doesnt make the bench... my mate Dave who knows the receptionists daughter's, window clearner's son-in-law's cat heard from a particularly descriptive meoouuww that Lookman was seen with only one leg and that his other has had to be amputated due to gangrene. He is expected to be out for the rest of the season until the new ground breaking medical treatment from the Deadpool University has allowed him to grow a new leg... Or it could just be that Bernard is better but I have no reason to doubt what Dave was told.

Good laugh that. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sure I read somewhere Silva sees it as us having three captains this season - Jags, Coleman and Baines. 

I vaguely remember that too, just seems strange to mix it up. No complaints though. I imagine both Baines and Coleman are respectable figures in the dressing room. 

40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

:rofl:

like the lineup and i hope bernard and dowell see some minutes.  COYB.  i have a rehearsal so i'll miss the second half :(