Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday August 25th

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just seen it again. Keane moves out to the man with the ball, Holgate doesnt fill in behind him so that man is free but Coleman does the right thing following his man. 

The problem started down the left and that was the main fault but Holgate should have covered behind Keane and if he had he *might* have been able to stop the ball being played to the free man. There was always an overlap on though.

Must be talking about another chance then because Coleman is the only defender that's caught up the pitch and has to track back and runs towards an already marked player whilst leaving Wilson un-marked

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

Hahaha really? You think he was trying to injure/harm Smith with that?

What else is he trying to do? Its a headbutt. A pussy little footballers headbutt but its a headbutt.

3 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

That’s naive as fuck. Bullshit gamesmanship from Smith jawing at Richarlison while he walks away. Willingly goes head to head with him, reacts late to the slight nod and immediately cries to the referee. Bitch behavior.

Obviously Richarlison is an idiot for engaging him, but that’s not football. That’s some cheap bullshit.

Hows that naive? I dont know if you have played football before but an every level I have played that is a part of the game. Hot heads and WUMs trying to get one over on the other. To say its not a massive part of football is naive.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What else is he trying to do? Its a headbutt. A pussy little footballers headbutt but its a headbutt.

Hows that naive? I dont know if you have played football before but an every level I have played that is a part of the game. Hot heads and WUMs trying to get one over on the other. To say its not a massive part of football is naive.

If he were trying to harm him, that would have been a much more dramatic headbutt. All movements of the head are not created equal, and if you genuinely believe that it was an attempt to harm, you should have your own head checked.

It happens in every sport generally as a result of passion building up. That’s not at all what happened there. It’s naive to say that there was anything less than scummy about Smith’s behavior.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Which is a perfectly fine reason to find red. However it's only fair to do so if every ref gives it every time, which they won't. Letter of the law is a red, most refs just give a ticking off and tell both players to calm down maybe booking both. Seen the coming to heads every season, don't think I've ever saw a red given before today. 

I agree but I have seen it often. Its not the coming of heads its the clear push forward that he has been sent off for.

Richarlison is going to be targeted by every team this season, he needs to learn how to deal with it, or we will be playing with 10 men regularly and missing him through suspension.

Is there any chance it could be rescinded to a yellow and no suspension?

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Some people thought more cards would show that we had more “grit”. Just shows how fucking stupid that idea is...

Cards as a result of putting in a goal-preventing tackle, sure. Cards as a result of being a dumbass... not so much.

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

If he were trying to harm him, that would have been a much more dramatic headbutt. All movements of the head are not created equal, and if you genuinely believe that it was an attempt to harm, you should have your own head checked.

It happens in every sport generally as a result of passion building up. That’s not at all what happened there. It’s naive to say that there was anything less than scummy about Smith’s behavior.

So what is he doing it for then? 

You call it scummy but its been a part of every sport I have ever played, winding the opponent up so they do something stupid and Smith worked Richarlison a treat.

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:53, TallPaul1878 said:

Bournemouth fans voted Everton as their most hated team last season. I don't know where that came from but apparently they hate our guts so let's hope we can go out there and knock 4 or 5 past them and bring them crashing back down to earth after their good start.

Looking like they'll get the same from us this season.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You call it scummy but its been a part of every sport I have ever played, winding the opponent up so they do something stupid and Smith worked Richarlison a treat.

They both did the same damn thing though. Smith led with his head. Fuck him off too.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has deliberatly tried to injure/harm another player and he fully deserves to go. Its a clear sharp movement with his head and its the type of thing that should be stamped out of the game.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No problem with Smith either. Got in his head, Richarlison did what he wanted and then he made the ref know. 

Are you serious???  Tried to harm him? His head was touching. There was no impact it was a shove away. It happens 100s of times a season. Smith cheated simple as

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Its a sign of ego, not an attempt to harm someone. It’s just simply a show of, fuck out of my face. Stupid, naive, dumb.

That.

And every commentator so far has called out Smith for immediately crying to the ref. If the ref sees it and decides to issue a card, that’s one thing. But Smith got one over not only on Richarlison, but on the ref, too.

2 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

Think I'd put DCL on for Tosun soon, has a bit more pace but can still hold it up a bit as well. Or maybe Bernard on for Tosun and Walcott up front? 

Tosun having a good last couple of minutes though. 

Just now, chicagoblue said:

Was just about to slag of Dsvies for getting siggy a card with that shit pass

Just now, Steve_E said:

Think I'd put DCL on for Tosun soon, has a bit more pace but can still hold it up a bit as well. Or maybe Bernard on for Tosun and Walcott up front? 

I was thinking the same about both! 😁

Just now, Steve_E said:

Tosin has been great this half. Played that through ball perfectly