IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday August 25th

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What else is he trying to do? Its a headbutt. A pussy little footballers headbutt but its a headbutt.

Hows that naive? I dont know if you have played football before but an every level I have played that is a part of the game. Hot heads and WUMs trying to get one over on the other. To say its not a massive part of football is naive.

If he were trying to harm him, that would have been a much more dramatic headbutt. All movements of the head are not created equal, and if you genuinely believe that it was an attempt to harm, you should have your own head checked.

It happens in every sport generally as a result of passion building up. That’s not at all what happened there. It’s naive to say that there was anything less than scummy about Smith’s behavior.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Which is a perfectly fine reason to find red. However it's only fair to do so if every ref gives it every time, which they won't. Letter of the law is a red, most refs just give a ticking off and tell both players to calm down maybe booking both. Seen the coming to heads every season, don't think I've ever saw a red given before today. 

I agree but I have seen it often. Its not the coming of heads its the clear push forward that he has been sent off for.

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

If he were trying to harm him, that would have been a much more dramatic headbutt. All movements of the head are not created equal, and if you genuinely believe that it was an attempt to harm, you should have your own head checked.

It happens in every sport generally as a result of passion building up. That’s not at all what happened there. It’s naive to say that there was anything less than scummy about Smith’s behavior.

So what is he doing it for then? 

You call it scummy but its been a part of every sport I have ever played, winding the opponent up so they do something stupid and Smith worked Richarlison a treat.

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:53, TallPaul1878 said:

Bournemouth fans voted Everton as their most hated team last season. I don't know where that came from but apparently they hate our guts so let's hope we can go out there and knock 4 or 5 past them and bring them crashing back down to earth after their good start.

Looking like they'll get the same from us this season.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You call it scummy but its been a part of every sport I have ever played, winding the opponent up so they do something stupid and Smith worked Richarlison a treat.

They both did the same damn thing though. Smith led with his head. Fuck him off too.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has deliberatly tried to injure/harm another player and he fully deserves to go. Its a clear sharp movement with his head and its the type of thing that should be stamped out of the game.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No problem with Smith either. Got in his head, Richarlison did what he wanted and then he made the ref know. 

Are you serious???  Tried to harm him? His head was touching. There was no impact it was a shove away. It happens 100s of times a season. Smith cheated simple as

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Its a sign of ego, not an attempt to harm someone. It’s just simply a show of, fuck out of my face. Stupid, naive, dumb.

That.

And every commentator so far has called out Smith for immediately crying to the ref. If the ref sees it and decides to issue a card, that’s one thing. But Smith got one over not only on Richarlison, but on the ref, too.