Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Anniversary

I went though thirteen years in June, @Romey 1878 must've been registered under a different log-in before because Mark was certainly here before me. Strangely I registered on my lads' ninth birthday, jelly and ice cream must've gone to my head!

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

May  2006 Mark   = 12 years its on your profile.

I originally signed up under a different username, then had no internet for about a year and when I got it back I’d forgot my log in details and had to re-register. So I have no idea when my anniversary is. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I originally signed up under a different username, then had no internet for about a year and when I got it back I’d forgot my log in details and had to re-register. So I have no idea when my anniversary is. 

Surely Mike or Louis can check the IP and merge the accounts to find out? Or is the internet issue an excuse because you were even more of an arsehole beforehand 😛 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surely Mike or Louis can check the IP and merge the accounts to find out? Or is the internet issue an excuse because you were even more of an arsehole beforehand 😛 

Mate, I would never hide being an arsehole. It’s a badge of honour :lol: 

It was merged sort of so I kept my post count (I think), but it was just added on to the new account. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Im not sure they can because we switched servers didnt we.  I remember Mark Joining, wouldnt say he was an arsehole but  he was an incessant poster, he'd only been on for about 6 months and had passed everybodys post count.

Edit ...... my 16.000 posts to Marks 47.000  :D 👍

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Im not sure they can because we switched servers didnt we.  I remember Mark Joining, wouldnt say he was an arsehole but  he was an incessant poster, he'd only been on for about 6 months and had passed everybodys post count.

I do miss the game reviews he did 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

There must've been some sort of Armageddon at an early point because Louis is actually down as registering two months after I did. Looking in the Control Panel the first recorded member was someone called Coyle in July 2002; @Bill is in fact 188th in the list though I can only remember three of the previous 187; Bernie the Bolt, Zed and Pat; Zed was a good lad but Pat was part of the soul of the place for many years but sadly hit hard times and disappeared. Still have the last PM he sent me in my inbox from 2009 and it's quite poignant (which is why I've never deleted it), hope he's found peace somewhere.

Blimey I'm 14 years tomorrow!!! Must say I've been through a lot in that time and I've always been a reasonable steady poster volume wise (lukaku probably accounts for 50% alone). 

Only hated 2 people on here and they aren't on here anymore so that's good! 

Amazing... 14 years.  

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Blimey I'm 14 years tomorrow!!! Must say I've been through a lot in that time and I've always been a reasonable steady poster volume wise (lukaku probably accounts for 50% alone). 

Only hated 2 people on here and they aren't on here anymore so that's good! 

Amazing... 14 years.  

I’m still here dammit :shakingfist:

😛 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Nah your one of the good guys. Pax and blue250 were the helmets. 

aaaaaw :wub:

i think we kept the forum alive for three years between the two of us ;) 

dont forget Avin (for me at least) and Halewood

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Pax and blue250 were the helmets.

Blue250 was a strange one; he was quite sensible for many years but then I think he hit the internet version of the menopause, just seemed to turn on people. I was an early target but then he started spreading the hate in a seemingly random fashion, folks are strange. Did he not carry some huge fallout on another forum onto here as well? Can't remember who it was with.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

aaaaaw :wub:

i think we kept the forum alive for three years between the two of us ;) 

dont forget Avin (for me at least) and Halewood

Avin, he was on the way out when i joined, he tried to get me to "come to his side" so to speak, sent me PM's and stuff trying to win me over.  i remember thinking who the F is this guy, i just joined.  lol

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Blue250 was a strange one; he was quite sensible for many years but then I think he hit the internet version of the menopause, just seemed to turn on people. I was an early target but then he started spreading the hate in a seemingly random fashion, folks are strange. Did he not carry some huge fallout on another forum onto here as well? Can't remember who it was with.

blue just popped on to have a go at Haf and didn't care about the club.  he was a first rate troll. or he had anger issues.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Avin, he was on the way out when i joined, he tried to get me to "come to his side" so to speak, sent me PM's and stuff trying to win me over.  i remember thinking who the F is this guy, i just joined.  lol

blue just popped on to have a go at Haf and didn't care about the club.  he was a first rate troll. or he had anger issues.

You should’ve seen my PMs from Avin, on top of the forum stuff. 

Blue started out ok, if I remember correctly but then seemed like something turned a screw in his head and he went nuts

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which is a surprise. He liked to reincarnate. 

I’ll abuse my powers if he tries. 

Besides, he’s put so much work into his own thing, and good on him, it’d be a genuine shame to see that wasted

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Besides, he’s put so much work into his own thing, and good on him, it’d be a genuine shame to see that wasted

That was his issue I think, he wanted to be in control and make the forum something different, what he thought it should be while we were all happy with what it was/is. Now he's got his own place where he's the benevolent dictator he's probably a different man, and good luck to him; like you said Matt he's obviously put a lot of work into it so fair play.

But still pleased he's not here.

I'll be a member for 10 years on December 22.  Funnily enough, my "mental image" of all the ones that have been here for all that time hasn't changed at all.

I wonder what happened to Ian (IanC?), the Irish guy; he made a lot of good posts.

10 years as of January this year. Lurked for a couple few years before that using the college computers.

Remember Memaclub, the beard, and Indian Evertonian being prominent users (possibly all still here under different names). 

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Anyone remember Cake?

I'd tried to blank him.

15 minutes ago, holystove said:

I'll be a member for 10 years on December 22.  Funnily enough, my "mental image" of all the ones that have been here for all that time hasn't changed at all.

I wonder what happened to Ian (IanC?), the Irish guy; he made a lot of good posts.

Made/making a great success of his life; in San Francisco now, shame he's not still active.

https://twitter.com/IanConnolly?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I’m still a pup 🐶 on here compared to most of you, but I enjoy the format the arguments and the banter, you start to get a feel for some people to be quite honest I enjoy my spats with Haf he doesn’t pull his punches but you can feel the passion and conviction of what he believes it’s such a shame he’s normally wrong should have been a politician 😝

yeah it is fun palfy, i'm not great with words but thankfully matt is usually able to interpret my points and explain when i'm misunderstood :) thanks @Matt .  i also have an extremely dry sense of humor and sarcasm that does not translate in any way shape or form on here.  i have to post "/sarcasm" and i think that just ruins it for me, so i usually just roll with it and laugh when people take some of the stuff seriously.

20 hours ago, holystove said:

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'd tried to blank him.

Made/making a great success of his life; in San Francisco now, shame he's not still active.

https://twitter.com/IanConnolly?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

👋

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah it is fun palfy, i'm not great with words but thankfully matt is usually able to interpret my points and explain when i'm misunderstood :) thanks @Matt .  i also have an extremely dry sense of humor and sarcasm that does not translate in any way shape or form on here.  i have to post "/sarcasm" and i think that just ruins it for me, so i usually just roll with it and laugh when people take some of the stuff seriously.

Always happy to help where I can :) 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Only person I know who publicly threw the towel in was Rusty 747

Strange one that, he left on a point of principle (don't recall what it was exactly) but was only the second person ever in my experience to demand Admin delete their account completely. I messaged him saying that if you don't want to be on here then just don't log on again but he was insistent all record of him was wiped; shame because he came up with one of the funniest posts ever. Can't remember the detail but it was along the lines of someone telling him to take time out during an international flight to follow a game and he said he'd love to but unfortunately as he was the pilot it might be tricky:P

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Strange one that, he left on a point of principle (don't recall what it was exactly) but was only the second person ever in my experience to demand Admin delete their account completely. I messaged him saying that if you don't want to be on here then just don't log on again but he was insistent all record of him was wiped; shame because he came up with one of the funniest posts ever. Can't remember the detail but it was along the lines of someone telling him to take time out during an international flight to follow a game and he said he'd love to but unfortunately as he was the pilot it might be tricky:P

Probably didn’t want written proof of him wasting police time...

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah remember a bit now, saying he'd reported someone to the plod (sorry LB) but I still don't recall details.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's cool you can do that.  maybe he got famous and didn't want posts from years ago coming back to haunt him (a practice BTW that i hate and condemn, people change, we should embrace that not hold the past against them).

But it wasn't because of what he said Mark, it was because of what someone else said that he then said he'd reported to the police. Whatever it was we mods must've debated it and decided no action was needed which is when he went into witness protection;).

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But it wasn't because of what he said Mark, it was because of what someone else said that he then said he'd reported to the police. Whatever it was we mods must've debated it and decided no action was needed which is when he went into witness protection;).

ah now i get it, yeah that doesn't make sense.  i always thought it was he got too angry about the political threads.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

ah now i get it, yeah that doesn't make sense.  i always thought it was he got too angry about the political threads.

He did when it came to Brexit he was on the side of leave and wasn’t even eligible to vote , but his claim to fame was he had convinced a load of expats to vote out, and to be honest that really pissed me off. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He did when it came to Brexit he was on the side of leave and wasn’t even eligible to vote , but his claim to fame was he had convinced a load of expats to vote out, and to be honest that really pissed me off. 

I don’t remember that last bit at all

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yeah he felt he did his obligation because he swayed a couple votes.  It was strange too because he wife was a foreigner and He didn’t live in England (was in fact leaving the country altogether) but was passionate on leave.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm still waiting for the knock on the door. 

Far as I remember he was unhappy that I said voting Conservative knowing they will cut the NHS funding and more people will needlessly die puts blood on your hands. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Far as I remember he was unhappy that I said voting Conservative knowing they will cut the NHS funding and more people will needlessly die puts blood on your hands. 

Strange because he never had a vote in this country so why get so upset 😭 about something you’ve got no vested interests in. 

43 minutes ago, pete0 said:

there it is, now its all coming back.  yeah not sure why he would want to call the police on that one but hey, i'm sure life in malaysia is really nice this time of year :rofl:

29 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there it is, now its all coming back.  yeah not sure why he would want to call the police on that one but hey, i'm sure life in malaysia is really nice this time of year :rofl:

😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Ian C said:

oh moved to SF, met a lady, got married, got two cats and a dog etc. etc. etc.

I've really cut down my online time since I started being on a computer all day at work. I get my everton fix passively thru podcasts now, which I can do while walking the dog -- hard to argue with you lot when I'm holding a leash :D

I hope all's well with everyone! 

Great to hear :)