IGNORED

Anniversary

Bill

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Anyone remember Cake?

I'd tried to blank him.

15 minutes ago, holystove said:

I'll be a member for 10 years on December 22.  Funnily enough, my "mental image" of all the ones that have been here for all that time hasn't changed at all.

I wonder what happened to Ian (IanC?), the Irish guy; he made a lot of good posts.

Made/making a great success of his life; in San Francisco now, shame he's not still active.

https://twitter.com/IanConnolly?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I’m still a pup 🐶 on here compared to most of you, but I enjoy the format the arguments and the banter, you start to get a feel for some people to be quite honest I enjoy my spats with Haf he doesn’t pull his punches but you can feel the passion and conviction of what he believes it’s such a shame he’s normally wrong should have been a politician 😝

yeah it is fun palfy, i'm not great with words but thankfully matt is usually able to interpret my points and explain when i'm misunderstood :) thanks @Matt .  i also have an extremely dry sense of humor and sarcasm that does not translate in any way shape or form on here.  i have to post "/sarcasm" and i think that just ruins it for me, so i usually just roll with it and laugh when people take some of the stuff seriously.

20 hours ago, holystove said:

I'll be a member for 10 years on December 22.  Funnily enough, my "mental image" of all the ones that have been here for all that time hasn't changed at all.

I wonder what happened to Ian (IanC?), the Irish guy; he made a lot of good posts.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'd tried to blank him.

Made/making a great success of his life; in San Francisco now, shame he's not still active.

https://twitter.com/IanConnolly?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

👋

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah it is fun palfy, i'm not great with words but thankfully matt is usually able to interpret my points and explain when i'm misunderstood :) thanks @Matt .  i also have an extremely dry sense of humor and sarcasm that does not translate in any way shape or form on here.  i have to post "/sarcasm" and i think that just ruins it for me, so i usually just roll with it and laugh when people take some of the stuff seriously.

Always happy to help where I can :) 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Only person I know who publicly threw the towel in was Rusty 747

Strange one that, he left on a point of principle (don't recall what it was exactly) but was only the second person ever in my experience to demand Admin delete their account completely. I messaged him saying that if you don't want to be on here then just don't log on again but he was insistent all record of him was wiped; shame because he came up with one of the funniest posts ever. Can't remember the detail but it was along the lines of someone telling him to take time out during an international flight to follow a game and he said he'd love to but unfortunately as he was the pilot it might be tricky:P

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Strange one that, he left on a point of principle (don't recall what it was exactly) but was only the second person ever in my experience to demand Admin delete their account completely. I messaged him saying that if you don't want to be on here then just don't log on again but he was insistent all record of him was wiped; shame because he came up with one of the funniest posts ever. Can't remember the detail but it was along the lines of someone telling him to take time out during an international flight to follow a game and he said he'd love to but unfortunately as he was the pilot it might be tricky:P

Probably didn’t want written proof of him wasting police time...

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's cool you can do that.  maybe he got famous and didn't want posts from years ago coming back to haunt him (a practice BTW that i hate and condemn, people change, we should embrace that not hold the past against them).

But it wasn't because of what he said Mark, it was because of what someone else said that he then said he'd reported to the police. Whatever it was we mods must've debated it and decided no action was needed which is when he went into witness protection;).

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But it wasn't because of what he said Mark, it was because of what someone else said that he then said he'd reported to the police. Whatever it was we mods must've debated it and decided no action was needed which is when he went into witness protection;).

ah now i get it, yeah that doesn't make sense.  i always thought it was he got too angry about the political threads.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

ah now i get it, yeah that doesn't make sense.  i always thought it was he got too angry about the political threads.

He did when it came to Brexit he was on the side of leave and wasn’t even eligible to vote , but his claim to fame was he had convinced a load of expats to vote out, and to be honest that really pissed me off. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He did when it came to Brexit he was on the side of leave and wasn’t even eligible to vote , but his claim to fame was he had convinced a load of expats to vote out, and to be honest that really pissed me off. 

I don’t remember that last bit at all

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yeah he felt he did his obligation because he swayed a couple votes.  It was strange too because he wife was a foreigner and He didn’t live in England (was in fact leaving the country altogether) but was passionate on leave.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Probably didn’t want written proof of him wasting police time...

I'm still waiting for the knock on the door. 

Far as I remember he was unhappy that I said voting Conservative knowing they will cut the NHS funding and more people will needlessly die puts blood on your hands. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Far as I remember he was unhappy that I said voting Conservative knowing they will cut the NHS funding and more people will needlessly die puts blood on your hands. 

Strange because he never had a vote in this country so why get so upset 😭 about something you’ve got no vested interests in. 

43 minutes ago, pete0 said:

there it is, now its all coming back.  yeah not sure why he would want to call the police on that one but hey, i'm sure life in malaysia is really nice this time of year :rofl:

10 hours ago, Ian C said:

oh moved to SF, met a lady, got married, got two cats and a dog etc. etc. etc.

I've really cut down my online time since I started being on a computer all day at work. I get my everton fix passively thru podcasts now, which I can do while walking the dog -- hard to argue with you lot when I'm holding a leash :D

I hope all's well with everyone! 

Great to hear :)