IGNORED

Huddersfield Town (Home) Saturday September 1st

markjazzbassist

This should be 3 points no questions asked.  They have zero goal scoring threat, we are at home, we should attack them all day.  With Keane and Richarlison out here is a guess at the lineup

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Zouma Baines

Morgan Gana

Walcott         Gylfi         Bernard

Tosun

after injuries and loan outs here the possibly lineup and bench

pickford

coleman holgate zouma baines

morgan davies

walcott         gylfi            lookman

tosun

stek digne dcl niasse dowell 

the other 2 bench players will be one of galloway, foulds, markelo, browning at cb cover and one of bowler or charsley at cm cover 

53 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

after injuries and loan outs here the possibly lineup and bench

pickford

coleman holgate zouma baines

morgan davies

walcott         gylfi            lookman

tosun

stek digne dcl niasse dowell 

the other 2 bench players will be one of galloway, foulds, markelo, browning at cb cover and one of bowler or charsley at cm cover 

I'd be really upset if Lookman just walks into this team - regardless of injury situation. 

Pickford

Davies Morgan Gylfi

Walcott Tosun DCL

Subs: Stek Digne Kenny Dowell Niasse Lookman Mystery

Where in the world is Beni...is he injured?

Instead of seeing browning/galloway/academy player I'm guessing Digne and Kenny on bench with Baines/Seamus to cover at CB if need be.

11 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I'd be really upset if Lookman just walks into this team - regardless of injury situation. 

Pickford

Davies Morgan Gylfi

Walcott Tosun DCL

Subs: Stek Digne Kenny Dowell Niasse Lookman Mystery

Where in the world is Beni...is he injured?

Instead of seeing browning/galloway/academy player I'm guessing Digne and Kenny on bench with Baines/Seamus to cover at CB if need be.

I’d be really upset if we start shoehorning players into positions that they don’t play again.

Im expecting the back 4 to be unchanged from the Bournemouth game bar Zouma for Keane. Unless we have a mjor injury crisis again or another sending off I would expect Digne on for Baines at some point in the second half. 

In centre of midfield the only change will be Schneiderlin for Gana and I am actually looking forward to a seeing the Frenchman and Davies playing together. 

The Richarlison spot is anyones guess. Maybe Lookman will get a run out, maybe DCL will keep his spot in the first 11 due to his goals midweek? Given Lookman hasnt had a lot of minutes I suspect we might see DCL start and be replaced (or Tosun) in the 2nd half. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think DCL will and should start on the left,  play a bit like Richarlison and come in more than be an outright winger. 

hopefully i can get a stream in the hospital :) 

I don't think he has the pace or footwork for it tbh would rather Lookman start 

Hope all is well 

2 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I don't think he has the pace or footwork for it tbh would rather Lookman start 

Hope all is well 

Getting there mate (see What Grinds your Gears thread for info)

Id like DCL to start because of his attitude, workrate and reward from Wednesday. He may not have the pace to run past people, but he has the workrate to press and can knockdown for the starting striker quite well... 

Bringing Lookman on with 30 mins to go against (hopefully) tired and losing legs. That’d allow Lookman a little flexibility and leeway, a player of his type needs that I think especially considering recent events and that he’s not played... 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Getting there mate (see What Grinds your Gears thread for info)

Id like DCL to start because of his attitude, workrate and reward from Wednesday. He may not have the pace to run past people, but he has the workrate to press and can knockdown for the starting striker quite well... 

Bringing Lookman on with 30 mins to go against (hopefully) tired and losing legs. That’d allow Lookman a little flexibility and leeway, a player of his type needs that I think especially considering recent events and that he’s not played... 

Just read it mate some sods luck that! 

Hope it heals up well 

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

lookman in timeout still, Silva showing him the old SAF treatment, no one is bigger than the club.  i hope DCL does well.  Nice to see Digne in there as well.

COYB i'm selling a car right now hopefully we finish this up before the match starts :)

He’s also hardly played, makes sense for him to be on the bench, especially behind a player who’s gotten their head down, worked hard and scored recently. Just general good management in my opinion