IGNORED

Huddersfield Town (Home) Saturday September 1st

markjazzbassist

I think this game is going to be the story of a few games at Goodison this year. Teams will sit in and wait for the set pieces. We have done well against the free kicks and long throws, but these corners are a big problem. The corner before I thought we committed a lot of people to that front post and then the next corner, we dont win the header cleanly and it falls to their man 6 yards out with no-one around him. Its all well and good being that biased to the front post as long as you win that first ball but if you dont, we will be outnumbered in the rest of the box.

Overall though we have played well, albeit, a little within ourselves and as a result we haven't created many good chances. In fact I can't remember any other decent chances bar the two from DCL. Walcott and Coleman have both had similar shots, Tosun and Zouma have both had a pop but nothing that you would call a good chance. It's a bit like everyone is doing their jobs but they aren't doing that extra little bit to try and win us the game. As a result I can't really fault anyone. Zouma is the standout, Siggy is popping up here and there and Digne has had a good first 45 minutes in his starting PL debut. Schneiderlin has covered well but been a little bit negative and Davies has done exactly what he should do in offering that little bit more penetration. Tosun is working his arse off as usual. I think the weakest area of the team has been down that right hand side. Coleman has been awful with the ball at his feet and Walcott hasn't really imposed himself on the game despite the assist.

This is a game we should be looking to put our stamp on in this second half and finish them off.