IGNORED

Rotherham (Home League Cup) Wednesday August 29th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm 30, no idea when it got devalued. Always been referred to as a mickey mouse cup... Except for the seasons Liverpool won it and then half the school claimed otherwise. 

I'm going. Looking forward to it, more so if the kids are given a chance in midfield. 

Apologies, it was duncanmckenzieismagic who said he wasn't going, my mistake.

I've always called it the Mickey Mouse Cup in recent years, but only because we've never won it if I'm honest.

I’ll guess 4-2-3-1.

Stekelenburg

Kenny  Holgate  Zouma  Digne

Dowell  Davies

Sandro      Sigurdsson       DCL

Niasse

Surprised no Lookman.  Something going on, but it could be several different somethings.  Also surprised to see Schneiderlin in the team at all.  I thought his injury was a little longer term.  I’m not a big fan of his, but Silva probably is, and it’s good he’s recovered.

On 27/08/2018 at 14:40, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Interesting thread here as the definition of squad depth vs. kids seems to be in question. One vote but this year at least I'd rather start squad depth over kids. To me kids are u23s/u18s making debuts with no football league experience. Davies/beni/kenny/galloway/browning/pennington/charsley aren't kids. Also no way I'd play Lookman at this point. 

Stek

Kenny Holgate Zouma Digne

Davies Dowell Beni 

DCL Niasse Bernard

Hewelt Feeney Pennington Foulds Charsley Sambou Broadhead 

Wasn't too far off. Siggy for Beni and Sandro for Bernard.

Can someone explain why Sandro is starting when he is being loaned out tmw? Surely someone else could benefit from the 90 mins on offer. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s still  a good day out if you get to the final can’t beat a Wembley final I agree FA cup would be better but I’d take league cup final rather than nothing. 

I remember Swindon’s open bus tour of the town when they beat Arsenal the whole town turned out, the problem is that the big clubs are devaluing the competition by the way they treat it and sadly they are doing the same to the FA cup. 

Don’t agree - look back over the last 12 years and only two teams that aren’t in the perceived top 6 have won it. I think it’s a myth. Top teams often make changes in the early rounds but then why wouldn’t you? If you can beat lower opposition allowing other players in the squad to game time, exposure, recovery injury etc then why wouldn’t you? This ensures that others are given a chance and also to some degree creates harmony. You look at the squads in final / semis and they are much stronger. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s still  a good day out if you get to the final can’t beat a Wembley final I agree FA cup would be better but I’d take league cup final rather than nothing. 

I remember Swindon’s open bus tour of the town when they beat Arsenal the whole town turned out, the problem is that the big clubs are devaluing the competition by the way they treat it and sadly they are doing the same to the FA cup. 

Remember that game really well, mudbath, Bobby Gould crying when he equalised late for Arse (I talked to him about that years later when he was manager at Wimbledon and used to come into my mate's wine bar:)), Don Rogers heroics, underdogs win, perfect!