IGNORED

The Real Football Fan Show

The RFFS

Hi all,

Researcher here for The Real Football Fan Show on Channel 4, returning for our new series next week. We're after fans from the full range of premier league teams to make up our studio audience when we begin filming again next Thursday in London, with a particular emphasis on getting non-London teams represented. Please see below and don't hesitate to get in touch: 

The football revolution is back!
Robbie Lyle returns for a second series of The Real Football Fan Show. The only show on TV that gives supporters their say on the Premier League. Expect banter; strong opinion and, most of all, passion for the game and teams. This is where you hear what people really think.

We are looking for fans to be part of the studio, which starts on Thursday 13th September - Thursday 18th October.

If you are interested, please email ap@uffproductions.tv stating the club you support, along with your contact details.

Cheers and good luck this season!

On 03/09/2018 at 20:26, MikeO said:

I assume you mean "part of the studio audience", being part of the furniture would be a bit daft; if so are you paying travelling expenses? I don't come cheap ya knowB).

If they do, I'll post my round ticket from Istanbul to Heathrow to them then B) I have my own opinion on the team and no shy of verbalizing it ;) 

21 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

If they do, I'll post my round ticket from Istanbul to Heathrow to them then B) I have my own opinion on the team and no shy of verbalizing it ;) 

is Istanbul nice these days Mac?  Mike remembers it was nice when it was called Byzantium and was last there in the days of Constantinople.

in all honesty I have only seen pictures of the more historic parts, never been there at all.

Well, it is a good city to travel for a couple days or a week but as I was a resident, I've had enough of it and moved to a smaller city. The weather is good nowadays and possibly following 2 months will be like that. Not so cold, not so hot and not raining much. As the economy is going downhill as well, if you are considering to see Istanbul, it is your chance.

1 GBP is 8,24 TL as of today. So it is gonna be cheap.

11 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

Well, it is a good city to travel for a couple days or a week but as I was a resident, I've had enough of it and moved to a smaller city. The weather is good nowadays and possibly following 2 months will be like that. Not so cold, not so hot and not raining much. As the economy is going downhill as well, if you are considering to see Istanbul, it is your chance.

Have their been any tremors lately? I remember seeing a documentary a couple of years ago seeing the city preparing for a massive earthquake following a trend of quakes travelling the fault line towards Istanbul.

The only thing that ever put me off going was the heat to be honest.

17 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

I am tempted if I can get the missus to get a passport if not I will have to either travel on my own or forget the idea.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Have their been any tremors lately? I remember seeing a documentary a couple of years ago seeing the city preparing for a massive earthquake following a trend of quakes travelling the fault line towards Istanbul.

The only thing that ever put me off going was the heat to be honest.

Well, we are still expecting a strong earthquake but the today's science can only give a time range. Some seismologists are more pessimist as they are expecting it to happen in the following 5 years with a hit over 7.0 Richter scale. Some are more optimist, they don't think it will be over 7.0 and they expect it in the following 20 years. Long story short, nobody knows a shit :) It can happen tomorrow or 20 years later.

Only one thing is certain, that fault line is tense for years and it will break at some point and it is a huge fault line with a strong background. According to the "unbiased" projections of the expected earthquake (with mediocre parameters), it will be a huge downfall for the nation. Millions of people expected to die right after the hit (Istanbul's population is over 20 million at the moment) and more in the following days as projections tell us for a couple days it won't possible to leave or get into the city. Not even mentioning huge weigh on the already sunken economy..

Jeez, I was in a 5.6 quake in Greece in 2005 (along with many smaller aftershocks) and it was quite an experience, scared many people enough to leave this island. Older locals who were still haunted by the devastating one they had in  1953 were terrified. I was in our apartment and it felt like a juggernaut was coming though the building; 7.0 is seriously more destructive though.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Jeez, I was in a 5.6 quake in Greece in 2005 (along with many smaller aftershocks) and it was quite an experience, scared many people enough to leave this island. Older locals who were still haunted by the devastating one they had in  1953 were terrified. I was in our apartment and it felt like a juggernaut was coming though the building; 7.0 is seriously more destructive though.

It happened in 1999, the center of the earthquake was my hometown where I used to live and also affected 3 other cities including Istanbul. It was officially declared as 7.4 but many believe it was way worse than what's declared. Those were the darkest days of my life, everywhere was covered in dust, people were shouting to get help, others were shouting to hear something from their beloved ones under the wreckage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_İzmit_earthquake

Also experienced one in Guatemala, 6.9 it was. Earthquakes are scary I can say. Not possible to stay calm no matter how much you were getting ready for the day. It is freaking, while the ground shaking, you hear freakin' strange voices.

not been in a bad  quake ever  I have been in two that caused damage but nothing too severe. the first one happened in the middle of the night, it woke me up and I saw the light bouncing up and down on the power cable.  I knew what it was right away but I turned over went back to sleep and said  ""sod it I have earned my sleep, and nothing is going to deprive me of it."

the second one did not wake me and when I did wake up to find out about the quake I found out many of my pictures on the walls were damaged.  That is the sum of my experience I am afraid.

11 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

It is freaking, while the ground shaking, you hear freakin' strange voices.

That's what I meant by the juggernaut, you could hear it coming as well as feeling the ground move. 5.6 is nothing in comparison to a 7+ though, must be terrifying!

There was a smaller one when we were there more recently but I was driving so didn't even notice it, but my wife did.