IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Sunday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

This is gonna be a tough one but thankfully we get Richarlison back.  I’m not ready to bench Tosun yet and I hope Silva plays with one defensive mid and has a go at them.  If we can get anyone healthy for the CB pair with zouma I will take them.  Jags or Mina please.

Pickford

Kenny Jags/Mina Zouma Digne

Morgan

Gylfi         Bernard

Walcott          Tosun     Richarlison

Pickford 

Kenny Holgate Zouma Digne 

Davies Schneiderlin Sigurdssen/Dowell 

Walcott Richarlison Bernard 

Or

Pickford 

Walcott Davies Schneiderlin Bernard 

DCL Richarlison 

If Tosun starts we need to play a different system, likewise if Sigurdssen is gonna play behind the striker. Both are too slow to press from the front. Purely on Silva's pressing style, no Gana as he's not a foggy on how to press, he just chases the ball and ends up wrong side of his man, and usually made more difficult as he's out of position. 

I would like to see us go for the win at arsenal. Can’t remember us ever going there and going at them. They are nearly as poor as us at the back and can be got at. 

Pickford

kenny          Mina/Holgate  Zouma     Digne

Gilfi       Morgan 

walcott                Bernard        Richarlison 

DCL 

id play Bernard in the hole behind the main striker with gilfi deeper. Hopefully Mina will be fit and can bring some leadership to the back line. We will give them a game 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I would like to see us go for the win at arsenal. Can’t remember us ever going there and going at them. They are nearly as poor as us at the back and can be got at. 

Pickford

kenny          Mina/Holgate  Zouma     Digne

Gilfi       Morgan 

walcott                Bernard        Richarlison 

DCL 

id play Bernard in the hole behind the main striker with gilfi deeper. Hopefully Mina will be fit and can bring some leadership to the back line. We will give them a game 

I like that bar DCL he's not good enough just yet to be up there on his own imo he'd be better playing off another striker in a system we don't deploy 

Pickford 

Coleman  Zouma      Mina      Digne

Morgan

Sigurdsson           Bernard

Walcott                                   Lookman

Richarlison

What i'd like to see would be....

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

McCarthy Gomes

Walcott Sigi Bernard

Richarlison

Obviously that won't happen and we'll get served up

Pickford

Gana Shneid

Walcott Sigi DCL

Tosun

And we'll get battered. 

Again. 

5 minutes ago, Blueherts said:

What i'd like to see would be....

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

McCarthy Gomes

Walcott Sigi Bernard

Richarlison

Obviously that won't happen and we'll get served up

Pickford

Gana Shneid

Walcott Sigi DCL

Tosun

And we'll get battered. 

Again. 

Seeing as three of them are injured you’re definitely right that it won’t happen :lol: 

So far this season we've looked a one man side so it will be good to have the man in form back. I don't know whether playing him at CF is a good idea or not. He does a lot of damage from the left, think the balance with Walcott on right is good. Tosun needs to find form and should be benched. I think DCL would work well centre of a front three, it's an utter waste of time asking to play out wide. Stick him in the centre and hit crosses at him, play to his strengths. 

Midfield, I have no fucking idea anymore. Neither Gana nor Schneiderlin are good enough, but if we play Davies, Sigurdsson and Barnard we'd probably get ripped to shreds. I really hope Gomes turns out to be good beyond our wildest dreams coz I just don't see us winning many football matches with the midfield as it is. 

We do massively miss McCarthy or a player with his combative and forward style of play as Nogs says I hope Gomes can fill the glaring gap we need filling

I don't not rate the lad but I'd have rather have had Besic sat as a DM than have both Gana and Morgan together it simply doesn't work 

We'll cause Arsenal plenty of problems on either flank it's the middle of the park they will dictate and pick us to pieces if something isn'tt changed  

On 17/09/2018 at 11:43, TallPaul1878 said:

I'm ready to send Tosun back to Turkey. Fucking garbage is what he is.

Might as well start Sigurdsson as a false nine and have Walcott and Richarlison as wide strikers.

After the West Ham debacle there needs to be wholesale changes. Some of those players are not fit to wear the shirt.

One swallow does not a summer make. Let’s not write off players based on one poor game. IMO, he’s been contributing well in many ways. I’m sure we won’t be writing off Pickford based on one subpar performance. 

If we ever played Siggy and Bernard together centrally we would get completely roasted. Siggy offerered us very little defensive protection (albeit nor did Gana) but I also dont see Bernard having enough size about him to play centrally. He looks like he might need a bit more space that playing wide affords.

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If we ever played Siggy and Bernard together centrally we would get completely roasted. Siggy offerered us very little defensive protection (albeit nor did Gana) but I also dont see Bernard having enough size about him to play centrally. He looks like he might need a bit more space that playing wide affords.

i disagree, we don't need 2 defensive mids, it hampers our ability to transition to attack and to attack well.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i disagree, we don't need 2 defensive mids, it hampers our ability to transition to attack and to attack well.

No we dont need 2 DMs but we also dont need two 10s playing in midfield either. 

As I said in the summer, we desperately need at least 1 proper centre mid that can defend and contribute to the attack too. 

At the moment I would like to see us be hard to beat through the middle and give our attackers a platform to play from. From what I have seen that discipline comes from Davies and Schneiderlin. Id expect Gomes to come in and take that mantle over from Davies. Siggy alongside Schneiderlin might be ok too but I dont see him being disciplined enough and hopefully we never see the Gana/Siggy pairing again!

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No we dont need 2 DMs but we also dont need two 10s playing in midfield either. 

As I said in the summer, we desperately need at least 1 proper centre mid that can defend and contribute to the attack too. 

At the moment I would like to see us be hard to beat through the middle and give our attackers a platform to play from. From what I have seen that discipline comes from Davies and Schneiderlin. Id expect Gomes to come in and take that mantle over from Davies. Siggy alongside Schneiderlin might be ok too but I dont see him being disciplined enough and hopefully we never see the Gana/Siggy pairing again!

why not?  barca have played that way for years with iniesta and xavi and then iniesta and rakitic.  works just fine.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

why not?  barca have played that way for years with iniesta and xavi and then iniesta and rakitic.  works just fine.

Neither of them was/are number 10s but DMs, still they are exceptional. Neither Morgan nor Gana have their passing ability, not even close. So, unless you have 2 DMs who can defend and pass the ball, it is useless.

10 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Neither of them was/are number 10s but DMs, still they are exceptional. Neither Morgan nor Gana have their passing ability, not even close. So, unless you have 2 DMs who can defend and pass the ball, it is useless.

You misunderstand me.  Busquets is the only DM for Barca. They play 2 attacking mids.  For some reason Bailey thinks this system won’t work yet Barca has won everything with it.

look at biesla at Leeds playing a 4141 same thing, one  sitter.  Top of the league

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Gomes is not Busquets though. We'd get taken apart playing a midfield 3 of him, Bernard and Gylfi. We simply haven't got the right kind of physical, mobile midfielders who can still play football you need in the modern game. 

I don't see the logic behind Bernard and Sigurdsson being torn to shreds yet Davies and Morgan wouldn't 

Both slow one physically not much bigger than Bernard but technically no where near as good 

Sigurdsson is wasted in the system we've been playing he needs to sit further back where he can dictate play and make those forward runs that he used to for Swansea where he's far more effective and Bernard could be the creative spark people have banged on about for years 

He's a big physical presence we should be utilising that until we get a chance to see what Gomes has to offer imo 

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

FFS... I didnt say it doesnt work ever but unless I have missed something we arent managed by Pep and we arent Barcalona. This isnt football manager. Rakitic isnt a 10 either he is an all round midfielder. 

5 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I don't see the logic behind Bernard and Sigurdsson being torn to shreds yet Davies and Morgan wouldn't 

Both slow one physically not much bigger than Bernard but technically no where near as good 

Sigurdsson is wasted in the system we've been playing he needs to sit further back where he can dictate play and make those forward runs that he used to for Swansea where he's far more effective and Bernard could be the creative spark people have banged on about for years 

He's a big physical presence we should be utilising that until we get a chance to see what Gomes has to offer imo 

Its about a players appetite to defend and the system they play in. We dont keep the ball well enough nor invert the full backs nor have the mobility at 6 to afford ourselves 2 attacking midfielders in the same time. Siggy showed at the weekend that he isnt disciplined and I doubt Bernard will either.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was done when I read Davies and disciplined in the same sentence :lol: 

Gana and Siggy made Davies look like Makelele this weekend they were that all over the place.