IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Sunday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

Gana is doing what he does best being at the right place at the right time 

Was just about to say that he’s been incredibly important for us defensively so far. He’s been able to do what we need him to do because Davies has been getting forward and linking up well.

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Bailey klich has scored A decent amount for them!  He’s an attacker alright he’s been a big part of the attack with biesla.  I love biesla so I watch Leeds a bit now.

Just because he can score doesnt make him an attacking midfielder. He is a midfield that can defend and attack, he hasnt been a number 10 or winger throughout his career which is the point of my original response.

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm not missing any points Bailey I get what your saying but completely disagree with it 

To "try" and keep it short as the above is far to long winded...

I've not said Sigurdsson would play deeper I'm saying he has the ability to pick the ball up from deeper use his physicality and passing etc to a greater effect than what we've been served up so far simply put he has played that role and can play the role of a ball carrier he had that free reign at Swansea if you've never seen him pick the ball up from deeper and make forward runs for them your blind or have never watched them play, as you've said yourself in other threads he's better coming from a deeper position but really can't be arsed quoting it all 

Bernard has played central midfield many times and also as a creative central mid a position we've been lacking in for years so I'm not sure where you've got this winger stuff from 

All those players have similar slight statures you can't dismiss that even if he is slightly smaller 🤣 

Anyway I'll leave it there Sigurdsson to play the role of a ball carrying type midfielder and Bernard to be a creative central mid will it happen probably not would it be better than having two deeper mids with a non creative one trying to go forward Infront of them.... Definitely 

Your post does show that you are completely missing my points so there is no point going over it again. I agree with you to leave it there at least! :)

I think we have played quite well. We have had more chances but theirs have probably been slightly better. We look dangerous every time we counter attack but they have shown that they can put together some incisive moves in an instant.

Pickford has done everything asked of him.

Kenny has been quiet but again he has done everything asked of him.

Keane has been ok but when he has come out of the line he has been exposed by their pace.

Zouma has been a real rock, tidying everything up.

Digne has been a bit like Kenny but more involved. He has done anything of quality but he is still doing what he needs to.

Davies is doing well as the holding midfielder patrolling the back 4 and ticking things over.

Gana has been great at launching the press and catching the Arsenal players on a bad touch or on the turn. He has been a little wasteful in simple situations and played others into trouble but he has redeemed himself with a couple of good tackles in the box. Should have had a penalty against him for the tug on Lacazette.

Siggy is also in and out. When he has got on the ball it has largely been quality but he isn'tt on the ball enough.

Walcott is threatening but his first touch and final ball has been poor. He has let his full back go a couple of times too but I dont know if that is tactical.

Richarlion has the Arsenal players beaten on the counter. They cant deal with him at all and if we keep getting him the ball in those areas he will score or do something that will lead to us scoring.

DCL has been impressive for me. He has lead the line really well giving the Arsenal CBs a torrid time. He hasn't been perfect but you cant ask for more in terms of effort. He has made some very underrated runs to allow chances for others too.

Lets hope we can keep it tight at the back and finish off one of these counters. If we do go 1 up it could be the perfect storm for us to score more.