Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Southampton (Carabao Cup Home) Tuesday October 2nd

Recommended Posts

I want a strong side and I want to advance.  Hopefully Coleman resumes training and he can play this one with Kenny playing the Fulham match.  Mark Hughes needs to focus on the league so let's hope he fields a weak side.

 

                               Stek

        Coleman Mina Zouma Baines

                       Davies McCarthy

           Walcott   Bernard   Lookman

                              DCL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I want a strong side and I want to advance.  Hopefully Coleman resumes training and he can play this one with Kenny playing the Fulham match.  Mark Hughes needs to focus on the league so let's hope he fields a weak side.

 

                               Stek

        Coleman Mina Zouma Baines

                       Davies McCarthy

           Walcott   Bernard   Lookman

                              DCL

Think McCarthy will be fit by then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                          Pickford

Kenny        Keane     Mina      Dinge

                      Davies  Morgan

Lookman            Dowell            Bernard

                             Cenk

 

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it would be over 2 weeks training, how long does it take to get back?  not like he's coming off the couch.

I suppose you’re right. He’s only coming back from bits of bone not being attached to other bits of bone, so two weeks training with the whole squad is more than long enough to build his fitness, strength and confidence back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I suppose you’re right. He’s only coming back from bits of bone not being attached to other bits of bone, so two weeks training with the whole squad is more than long enough to build his fitness, strength and confidence back up. 

he has been building strength up the whole time, that's how you clear the rehab protocol.  not like he's sat on a couch the whole time and got cleared and then shows up at practice.  he's running, lifting weights, conditioning, etc. during his rehab, that IS the rehab.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there’s any point of rushing him back. We have enough defensive midfielders. 

                       Pickford

kenny         Holgate    Mina/Zouma   Baines

                     Morgan   Gilfi

Lookman            Dowell          Bernard 

                          Richarlison 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he has been building strength up the whole time, that's how you clear the rehab protocol.  not like he's sat on a couch the whole time and got cleared and then shows up at practice.  he's running, lifting weights, conditioning, etc. during his rehab, that IS the rehab.  

You seriously think two weeks of full contact training (I assume it’s been full contact but I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t been) is enough after that sort of injury? Madness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You seriously think two weeks of full contact training (I assume it’s been full contact but I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t been) is enough after that sort of injury? Madness. 

MON used to play him the day after he was cleared, at least we gave him the 2 weeks :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2018 at 19:55, Romey 1878 said:

You seriously think two weeks of full contact training (I assume it’s been full contact but I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t been) is enough after that sort of injury? Madness. 

Spot on, if ever there was a player who shouldn't be rushed back it's McCarthy

 

On 24/09/2018 at 14:45, markjazzbassist said:

I want a strong side and I want to advance.  Hopefully Coleman resumes training and he can play this one with Kenny playing the Fulham match.  Mark Hughes needs to focus on the league so let's hope he fields a weak side.

 

                               Stek

        Coleman Mina Zouma Baines

                       Davies McCarthy

           Walcott   Bernard   Lookman

                              DCL

We're not exactly ripping up trees yet with 6 from 6, Stek could be a mistake IMO, he doesn't give the back line confidence which we desparately need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Spot on, if ever there was a player who shouldn't be rushed back it's McCarthy

 

We're not exactly ripping up trees yet with 6 from 6, Stek could be a mistake IMO, he doesn't give the back line confidence which we desparately need. 

agreed but Marco played Stek last match and I expect he will again, hence him in my lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although city have the squad there’s still reason for us to win this. Fuck stek off he’s poor. Look at derby tonight. Lampard played his best eleven to give them confidence if they gave United a game it would rub off on their league form. We need to play a core of our first team. Southampton will bring hardly any fans. We should go all out and twat them. Let’s try and win something for fucks sake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Although city have the squad there’s still reason for us to win this. Fuck stek off he’s poor. Look at derby tonight. Lampard played his best eleven to give them confidence if they gave United a game it would rub off on their league form. We need to play a core of our first team. Southampton will bring hardly any fans. We should go all out and twat them. Let’s try and win something for fucks sake 

agreed but after seeing Marco's first round lineup i think he feels rotation will be ok.  i'm with you i want the strongest eleven but i don't think it's what we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

After seeing today's line up I think we will see 

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Mina Digne 

Schneiderlin Davies

Walcott Bernard Richy

Tosun

Possible see holgate in at CB or Jags if he isn’t injured. Could also see lookman get time and rest Walcott 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed, we got another great draw in winner plays leicester.  we need to take advantage of these good draws and keep moving and hope chelsea, spurs, arsenal, city have to play each other.

 

              pickford

kenny keane zouma digne

                  gana

         bernard gylfi

 walcott    tosun    richarlison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Zouma, baines, Ghana, Gilfi, Bernard, dowell, Walcott, Tosun. Hopefully Hughes will rest a few for the long trip 

They have chelsea at home after us and have come off 2 bad loses - I’m not sure what I’d do if I was him.

Play his best team for the chance of beating us and potentially play a weaker side again chelsea. Risk losing both and possibly getting thrashed at home to chelsea.

Or play a weak team against us and try to play his best side fresh against Chelsea and get a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Change nothing from a team that won 3-0. Keep the cohesion and momentum 

So do you mean don't change the starting XI or don't change the XI who won 3-0? In short would you start Tosun or stick with DC-L?

Personally I'd go with option one but realistically we know there will be wholesale changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll guess Silva will believe he has several players who need to play and can play well against a mediocre opponent, and so will make substantial changes.  Admittedly, Matt’s view (“cohesion and momentum”) might win out, as after the 2 matches this week, we don’t play again until Oct. 21st.  

                  Stekelenburg

Kenny   Holgate   Zouma   Baines

         Schneiderlin    Dowell

Lookman    Bernard    Richarlison

                      Tosun

Bench — Virginia, Keane, Digne, Gana, Sigurdsson, Niasse, DCL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

So do you mean don't change the starting XI or don't change the XI who won 3-0? In short would you start Tosun or stick with DC-L?

Personally I'd go with option one but realistically we know there will be wholesale changes.

Don’t change the team that won. I missed the game (again) but the result speaks for itself, as do the build up and finishing of the goals. 

If we ever want to take the cup seriously, we need to line up for it properly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably see something like this, would like to see Virginia tbh sounds like he's doing very well and Stek scares the shit out of me so if we do rest Pickford it makes sense to award the lads good performances 

Some of the other lads need minutes under their belts and an opportunity to show their worth so I'd expect a fair few changes, not what I'd pick but wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to that 

                      Virginia 

Kenny     Keane     Holgate     Digne 

                        Gana

        Dowell                Morgan

Bernard          Tosun            Lookman

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

How does a goalie need a rest 😂 Pickford should play every game 

Didn't say he "needs" one the term goes hand in hand with giving another lad a go, it's better than saying drop Pickford for Virginia "why you dropping Pickford" 

The lads playing very well and has to be better then Stek who got the nod against Rotherham so I'd rather see this lad given a chance 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're gonna come out of the blocks flying. After a poor performance last weekend they will want to get an early foothold in the game.

I expect it to be a dirty first half and we will need to keep our heads. We should put out a strong team in the first half to get this game won early. I would like to see Walcott and Richarlison upfront either side of Tosun.

Perhaps Bernard will play and Richarlison will play as striker, but it's best that we have this game won in the first half. Once we are 2 goals up and they have capitulated we can withdraw players for the weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Bummed there is no stream for this.  Would not mind a small fee to watch or just throw it up on facebook live.

The league cup hasn't got much life left in it. Struggling to find sponsors due to many clubs seeing it as a distraction.

All the big clubs in European campaigns are completely disinterested in it unless they somehow manage to get their reserve team through to the later rounds.

Perhaps European qualification should disqualify clubs from the tournament. But then that would make it even less attractive to sponsors.

Such is the nature of the beast when football has become so commercialised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Not even an audio stream available anywhere?

BBC might have one. Says radio commentary live but nothing to click on when you go on the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×