• Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Tom Davies
    • Theo Walcott
    • Richarlison
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Cenk Tosun

This poll is closed to new votes

Current player of the season positions....
Richarlison...62
Lucas Digne...32
Gylfi Sigurðsson...22
Kurt Zouma...21
Idrissa Gana Gueye...17
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...15
Theo Walcott...10
Michael Keane...9
Tom Davies...9
Jordan Pickford...5
Jonjoe Kenny...4
Leighton Baines...2
Bernard Duarte...2
Cenk Tosun...1
Mason Holgate...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Arsenal (A)...Richarlison
West Ham...Lucas Digne 
Huddersfield (H)...Kurt Zouma
Rotherham (H)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Bournemouth (A)...Michael Keane
Southampton (H)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Wolves (A)...Richarlison

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Forgot to mention Kenny he did have another good game 

I think he'll become a very good long term replacement for Coleman he's looking better each game 

Must admit I thought he wasnt going to cut it from an attacking perspective but he is improving each game now he is under the right manager.

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Must admit I thought he wasnt going to cut it from an attacking perspective but he is improving each game now he is under the right manager.

His crossing ability has improved drastically. I used to think he was another Hibbert, but he's looking really sharp in attack. 

Digne for me he's getting better with every game at the moment our best signing so far this season, we've needed a left back to cover for Baines for ages good things come to those who wait and he's been well worth the wait.

Also a special mention for Kenny run all game and put in some great crosses, he's had some big boots to fill in Coleman and coped magnificently.

And Gylfi to come back and score 2 goals of quality after the penalty miss shows he has the heart and quality, just needs to show it more.

My mate Gana played really well for once would never have been my MotM purely because of his amount of miss placed passes, I hope he carries that performance on into the next game and his qualities with the ball improve which would make him far better player, Jeez I've suddenly come over all faint and light headed can't think why.

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Other than in position. We kept a clean sheet in spite of him today. Thought Pickford was gonna chicken him. 

Is he still the worst player to ever wear a blue shirt or has he managed to surpass Danny Williamson and Tony Thomas yet?  How far off is he from getting passed Marc Hottiger or Earl Barrett?

37 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Is he still the worst player to ever wear a blue shirt or has he managed to surpass Danny Williamson and Tony Thomas yet?  How far off is he from getting passed Marc Hottiger or Earl Barrett?

By a mile. He shouldn't be a professional footballer, he's so poor at the basics and scared of the ball. 

Have you ever seen an Everton team consistently give away clear chances as the one with Gana in? 

I think some people are getting carried away with Gana's performance yesterday yes he did play well for him if you look at his last 10 or more Games, but to say he was MotM is an injustice on some of the players around him, for me he was a 6-7 instead of his usual 4-5 but until he stops given the ball away and letting people ghost past him he will be a constant thorn in our side and let us down at crucial times.

But it was the best I've seen him play in eons, but for me he has to be less sloppy in possession and be more aware at times of what's going on around him.

23 minutes ago, pete0 said:

By a mile. He shouldn't be a professional footballer, he's so poor at the basics and scared of the ball. 

Have you ever seen an Everton team consistently give away clear chances as the one with Gana in? 

So let's get this right..... the worst player in Everton history got man of the match on here yesterday?  And through various media outlets.

He can control a ball, he can tackle, he can run.... sounds like he could actually function as a defensive midfielder.   I mean Dave Watson wasn't great with the ball at his feet ... was he one of the worst players you seen?

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

he can run

That's about it. But not when he's got the ball. Loads of space yesterday to run forward in and he passed out sideways for the ball to end up going backwards. Gana killed that play as he does every week. 

Have you ever seen an Everton team consistently give away clear chances as the one with Gana in? No coincidence. 

12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😂😂😂👍🏻

Gueye man of the match by a country mile, excellent performance from him today

You don't know what a country mile looks like

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

So let's get this right..... the worst player in Everton history got man of the match on here yesterday?  And through various media outlets.

He can control a ball, he can tackle, he can run.... sounds like he could actually function as a defensive midfielder.   I mean Dave Watson wasn't great with the ball at his feet ... was he one of the worst players you seen?

Various media outlets ? And he gets it on here more because people notice the running and ignore the content, and the same can be said for Niasse loads of effort not enough content.

Yesterday I take my hat off to him for effort you can't fault him on that, but when it comes to content and ability he's got room for a lot of improvement in my eyes, and he shouldn't be MotM based on a lot of effort and little ability but big improvement on past games.

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's about it. But not when he's got the ball. Loads of space yesterday to run forward in and he passed out sideways for the ball to end up going backwards. Gana killed that play as he does every week. 

Have you ever seen an Everton team consistently give away clear chances as the one with Gana in? No coincidence. 

Pete.... you are talking absolute shite.  The way you base your arguments if you decided one day that You didn't like pickford you would start spouting shite about his goalscoring record.

Everyone knows I was never lukakus biggest fan but I wasn't ridiculous enough to deny that on his day he was a great threat.  His 40% pass completion, lack of duels won, laziness and poor attitude pissed me off majorly but I couldn't deny that on his game he was a goal threat.

You actually have convinced yourself to believe that Gana is the worst player to wear an Everton shirt.  That completely invalidates pretty much anything you say that may even be half rational.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You don't know what a country mile looks like

Various media outlets ? And he gets it on here more because people notice the running and ignore the content, and the same can be said for Niasse loads of effort not enough content.

Yesterday I take my hat off to him for effort you can't fault him on that, but when it comes to content and ability he's got room for a lot of improvement in my eyes, and he shouldn't be MotM based on a lot of effort and little ability but big improvement on past games.

Behave Palf. His job is to win the ball and that's what he does very well.  He wins it and gives it simple. 

Starting to sound like flat earth conspirators now. 

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Pete.... you are talking absolute shite.  The way you base your arguments if you decided one day that You didn't like pickford you would start spouting shite about his goalscoring record.

Everyone knows I was never lukakus biggest fan but I wasn't ridiculous enough to deny that on his day he was a great threat.  His 40% pass completion, lack of duels won, laziness and poor attitude pissed me off majorly but I couldn't deny that on his game he was a goal threat.

You actually have convinced yourself to believe that Gana is the worst player to wear an Everton shirt.  That completely invalidates pretty much anything you say that may even be half rational.

Simple question put to you twice now strawman. Carry on deflecting and belittling because you can't see something means that person is talking shite eh. 

Did the team give away 3 clear chances yesterday? Where was Gana for them? How can Gana be motm when we were cut up so easily? 

Wow.... you two seriously lack common sense when it comes to football don’t you. 

The worst thing is, that i don’t think either of you are on a wind up, I think you both actually believe the words you type down.

Its like creating a lie to your missus and standing by it it for so long that it becomes too difficult to admit to it!

A 6-7 performance? Wow! So many football fans and pundits just don’t know anything about football do they? Including our manager haha. 

Palfy, I bet you can’t wait for Morgan to recover from his serious injury can you!