IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Saturday October 6th

markjazzbassist

This should be a good match.  Under puel they like to sit back and counter and although they lost mahrez, Maddison seems to have taken the mantle and is doing really well.  Vardy is old and honestly on paper I believe we should beat them, but we are Everton and I’m not confident.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana

Davies     Gylfi

walcott       Tosun      Richarlison

I'm not sure what to make of Leicester. Morgan, Chilwell and Maguire aren't the greatest defenders, Ndidi looks good some games and crap the next, that Mendy looks tidy and then they seem to be mixing the likes of Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, Albrighton and Ghezzal depending on who they come up against. Sometimes Maddison is central and sometimes he is wide. They are much better with possession now than they were under Ranieri and therefore they can counter, rotate the ball and attack both from the flanks and through the middle. This will be another good gauge of where we are so far this season and what we can expect to see as the season progresses.

Maddison will be key for them if he's played centrally which I think he will be 

Puel will have seen how open we are on the counter and Maddison will dictate the change in play and play through balls to Vardy for fun if we don't tighten up 

Missed a trick with that lad albeit he's apparently a bellend off the field, he'd have been great next to Sigurdsson

Pickford

Kenny     Keane      Zouma      Digne

Gana

Sigurdsson          Bernard

Walcott                                 Richarlison

Tosun

DCL isn'tt clinical enough and isn'tt ready for me personally does some good things but lacks when it matters and hopefully the goal will give Tosun the lift he's needed

Bernard for Davies he's a far better player its that simple really and his experience with keeping our shape etc could be vital, Gana to sit back and do what he's good at brake up play and give it simple 

Tough game really as they are very similar to us ability wise 

I would be disappointed if we made many changes to a side that won 3 nil, dominated and created as many chances as they did on Saturday.

I dont see any tactical reason for changing the set up other than that of the striker. If we want to play on the counter then DCL should start as we will need his legs if we want to dominate the ball then Tosun should start as we will need his intricacy. 

47 minutes ago, Btay said:

Any one else feel we should beat Southampton before talking or even making post’s like this...

after all

This is Everton.

I’m with you - partially - but I think we’re in the minority.  My reason, however, is different from your good-humoured Everton put-down.

No problem discussing upcoming opponents’ strengths and weaknesses, but, for me, guessing lineup is too speculative 2 matches in advance.  I need to see the team Silva puts on the pitch for the cup, his use of some players, saving others, etc., before discussing the following match.  For that matter, it helps me to know who plays well, who doesn’t, who picks up an injury, who’s recovered from injury, etc., in the next match, before looking ahead.

I do enjoy the debates about whether to field our best team for this lesser cup tie, but that debate obviously will occur on the cup match thread.  Similarly, the ongoing debate re whether to make many/any changes after a good win.  So, for me, the issue is that each match is very likely to have some impact on team selection for the immediately following match.

Just now, Btay said:

My whole point is, the following match doesn’t matter if we don’t win this one.

sorry i just try and put these up each weekend for all matches in the upcoming week.  it's more that i have time to do it then and not right after the next match.  plus sometimes people like to banter beforehand if it's a cup match about players coming back from injury or getting blooded in so it can take a different tone than just a standard matchday thread.

This game deffo won’t end up goalless. It will be end to end and we have to watch those balls into the channels for vardy. I’d imagine Southgate will be there as there will be a few English players to view. The fullbacks will need to be switched on and hopefully gana will be all over Maddison. I’d like Charley to be let off the leash as the number 9. 

Pickford

kenny         Zouma    Keane     Digne

Gana        Gilfi     Davies

Walcott             Charley     Bernard

2-4 win Charley double Keane and Bernard 

11 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Course it does. Ones a cup match and the Leicester is a league game 

Oh shit! 

Massive apologies - I honestly thought everyone was jumping the gun and chatting about the next round of the cup!

Sorry mark, absolutely my bad!

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

sorry i just try and put these up each weekend for all matches in the upcoming week.  it's more that i have time to do it then and not right after the next match.  plus sometimes people like to banter beforehand if it's a cup match about players coming back from injury or getting blooded in so it can take a different tone than just a standard matchday thread.

No no, I had an absolute moment here mate. Apologies 💙

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Another bloody international break after this one!?! What the actual fuck? Ridiculous.

No-one really gives a monkeys about internationals and it interrupts the momentum of the league. Plus we endure the rants on TT as there's nothing else to talk about :rofl:

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

No-one really gives a monkeys about internationals and it interrupts the momentum of the league. Plus we endure the rants on TT as there's nothing else to talk about :rofl:

Aint that the truth!!

The Gana debating society are going to go into meltdown with no Everton matches to discuss!!

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Another bloody international break after this one!?! What the actual fuck? Ridiculous.

Might work in our favour these breaks with getting Mina and Gomes fit, because the way it's going with Gomes is very strange we've signed a player on loan for a season with an injury nearly quarter of the season gone and he hasn't kicked a ball yet, can't get my head around that one.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Must read that, man's a genius. Moonflower is (for me) one of the finest live albums ever!

Probably liked by a few people in Leicester as well (<<<what a save!).

i love Moonflower as well mike, what a record.  I originally bought it for the name and cover art, thought it was psychedelic, and i wasn't disappointed!

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Our problem is that we are forced to use Jonjo Kenny and Tom Davies every week and they need to be chaperoned through every game until they stop making mistakes.

Kenny is good going forward but defensively he is a mess and a player like Gana is required to be on red alert for when he switches off.

We don't have a striker who can get us a goal when we really need it. Tosun isn'ttt going to cut it, Niasse is all huff and puff but won't blow the house down, the less said about DCL the better. 

Pickford

Kenny (🙄), Keane, Zouma, Digne

Morgan

Gana,                     Bernard

Sigurdsson

Walcott,              Richarlison

Gana's job is to cover for Kenny when he gets forward and forgets his defensive duties. Morgan is no worse than Davies in midfield and I don't see any point in persisting with Davies when he isn'ttt improving. The rest of the midfield is the most mature and experienced that we can put out.

Sigurdsson to play as a false 9. Walcott and Richarlison to fall into wide positions when off the ball but surge ahead of Sigurdsson when on the attack.

We have seen enough of Tosun to k ow he is not going to be enough of a goal threat. The goals are coming from Walcott and Richarlison so prioritise them in your build up play.

Morgan did nothing to warrant a recall to the team.  Walking while Danny Ings scored.  Mature? Morgan is not.

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Downvoting needs to be fucked off. Worst part of a forum that, especially when it gets people censored (on other boards).

Like Bill suggested I think you're taking it too seriously, it's very rarely used for one thing and 90% of the times it is used it's in a jokey way. Reds are never discussed in the staff room and are never used as a measure on bans, suspensions, warnings etc.

Having said that I've looked in the control panel and it looks like it's possible to disable the red option while leaving the green; if there's a lot of people who agree with you then me, @Matt, @Romey 1878, @StevO and @Louis will talk about it.

I'll start a new thread in Off Topic.