Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Crystal Palace (Home) Sunday October 21st

What the fuck is going on in this game!?

Walcott misses a sitter, Digne/Bernard again combine to lose the ball which leads to a chance from them and the Richarlison battles the centre halves and threads a lovely ball from Bernard who runs it out of play without getting a shot off or layong an easy ball to Walcott. 

I think Bernie needs to come off for Lookman.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Right decision... could have been Bernie or Walcott going off.  Bernie doesn't hide though.... genuinely good character. 

Think he struggled with the physicality today. Almost everytime he came into contact with one of the Palace players he lost the ball. It will take him some time for him to get used to it.

55 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Dont want Tosun on. He is not good enough. I want Richarlison to start to give a shit

Yes he is. How do those words taste?

Hard watch for 80 mins that but I'll take winning ugly :)

Still think changes could have come sooner, it wasn't just the subs it was the fact we changed shape that finally unlocked the door, thought up to then the front four were very disappointing.

But well done in the end Marco for going for it, and well done the three subs. 

I would have been gutted not to win it. They are a tough side to be fair.  They get back in numbers.  

Richarlison isn'tt a centre forward tbh.  But a bloody good player.   So much work rate from him. 

We got there in the end, fully deserved 3 points even if we did make it hard work. I feel like that was a bit of a rollercoaster.

My biggest concern is that we left Palace in it for so long and despite getting into lots of good positions we contrived to fuck them up royally.

We are a good side once again. We can really play and despite the first 80 minutes we have lots of game changers starting and on the bench. We have a big game keeper, at least one superb CB and then a whole host of quality around them with Marcos organisational skills getting the best out of them. Roll on next Sunday, lets embarrass them in their back yard!

Strange game. We didn’t okay badly, but it didn’t seem to quite click for a long time.

Second half we were much more positive and attacked with more power and speed. Zaha is a massive handful and caused problems, but I felt we dealt with him well.

Zouma is class player and we need to get him permanent.

great to see Lookmans body language when he came on, looked much more focused, and a great ball for Dom. Great to see those two score.