Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Crystal Palace (Home) Sunday October 21st

What I like this season is that little step, by little step you can see each player coming on game by game.  That's the same for the newbies like Digne, the more 'established players like Siggi, and the ones who were terrible last season.  

No fluency to our play at all. None of the skill players really don't anything. Everything across the back and then losing possession when we go forward.

Not sure Bernard or Walcott have had a meaningful touch.

Lucky to escape that one.

Just now, Finn balor said:

Bernard’s having a mare 

Yeah, lost count of the times he's just run into the opponent or just dollied them the ball.

He only needs one to come off though! (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Just now, nogs said:

Need half time here. Look more and more shaky at the back and making too many poor decisions in possession. 

We've also lost possession whilst too many players forward including our centre backs. Lucky not to have been punished for that.  I don't feel we've played too  badly though in spite of that.  Walciott has done nothing.

This is getting worse as the half goes on. Only Bernard is playing poorly but no-one is playing well. 

Concentration levels and our composure leave a lot to be desired but this is a relatively young team with new faces. 

I'd keep it as it is first 15, then get walcott off, swap Bernard over to the right, Richarlson left and cenk up top.

4 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Dont want Tosun on. He is not good enough. I want Richarlison to start to give a shit

He is

They just all need a good kick up the arse and slap in the face to waken them up. Every now and then they come alive but Richarlison thinks he is a one man team, Walcott seems to prefer watching the game rather than taking part and Bernard must be colour blind because he hasnt found a blue shirt all half.

Meh. Palace better than I expected and we're nothing special but don't look likely to concede. Work in progress, we (should) all know that, nick a winner in the second half and all will be forgotten. Love to stuff someone by four or five but that'll come.

8 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’d put Tosun on for Walcott. Then put Bernard on the right and Richarlison on the left. 

Agree with that. Walcott has been invisible.  Bernard needs to get wiser on the ball.

Gomes is off the pace for me. Some promise but not up to it yet. 

Zaha is so good on the ball. His moaning is annoying though.