IGNORED

January Plans

Romey 1878

I’d be surprised if we brought anyone of any note in, I’d prefer to wait until the summer and get our top targets in than overpay for a Tosun or the likes. I always knew this season would be a transitional one and a top half finish is alls I expected. A squad overhaul and us moving in the right direction with better players and a stronger squad, add to that in the summer a top quality striker a new right back and a new box to box centre mid and hopefully Zouma and we’ll be sound.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’d be surprised if we brought anyone of any note in, I’d prefer to wait until the summer and get our top targets in than overpay for a Tosun or the likes. I always knew this season would be a transitional one and a top half finish is alls I expected. A squad overhaul and us moving in the right direction with better players and a stronger squad, add to that in the summer a top quality striker a new right back and a new box to box centre mid and hopefully Zouma and we’ll be sound.

Don’t think we need an overhaul, next summer we should have pinpoint changes. 

Ive been a bit concerned by Silva and change in the past, but they’re happily proving me wrong. There’s stability, let’s build on that. 

3-4 quality acquisitions and I’d be made up : strike, RB, AMC and a bonus. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I hope Wan Bissaka is someone we look at to eventually replace Seamus - he looks the real deal. I can see Man U being in for him. Really impressed with him again today.

Yeah I was going to post about him. 

He is proper rapid, we got no change out of him today. 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Don’t think we need an overhaul, next summer we should have pinpoint changes. 

Ive been a bit concerned by Silva and change in the past, but they’re happily proving me wrong. There’s stability, let’s build on that. 

3-4 quality acquisitions and I’d be made up : strike, RB, AMC and a bonus. 

He’s already overhauled the squad by shipping out the deadwood and plugging the gaps- we need to make a couple of loan signings permanent (both ways) and the four I mentioned ant Brands has worked a miracle inside 3 windows for me.

I always knew if Silva and Brands were going to work it would take time, still not saying it absolutely will but I’m not expecting us to be anywhere near the top 6 for another 2 seasons.

Going forward, lets say for argument sake we make Zouma and Gomes permanent signings. I’ll try and pinpoint where we need to invest to improve our squad for next season.

GK - Pickford, Virginia, Stekelenburg (No need to buy here)

RB - Coleman, Kenny (I’d loan Kenny out and buy another RB to push Coleman)

CB - Zouma, Mina, Keane, Holgate, Jagielka, Browning, Galloway(Browning and Galloway will be sold. Think this will be Jags’ last season but we should be fine with 4 CBs - No need to buy here)

LB - Digne, Baines (Happy with Baines as cover for a few more seasons - No need to buy here)

DM - Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Baningime (Loan Baningime out. I think Schneiderlin and McCarthy will be sold. Gana is great. I think we need to buy competition for him)

CM - Gomes, Davies (I’d loan Davies and buy competition for Gomes)

RW - Walcott, Lookman (Fine here)

LW - Richarlison, Bernard (Fine here)

AM - Sigurdsson, Dowell (Loan Dowell out, buy another AM)

CF - Tosun, Niasse, DCL (Think we’ll sell Niasse and possibly Tosun which means investing in two CFs... maybe one pacy who can play wide as well to offer competition on both flanks. DCL is fine)

So out of the current squad I think we’ll sell:

Jagielka (retire), Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Niasse, Tosun, Browning, Galloway.

Sell current loaned out players:

Williams, Mirallas, Garbutt, Pennington, Martina, Tarashaj, Bolasie, Besic, Sandro, Connolly.

Loan: Kenny, Baningime, Dowell, Davies, Vlasic, Onyekuru, Robinson.

Buy: 1 RB, 1 DM, 1 CM/Box to box, 1 AM, 2 CF (1 Pacy who can play wide and 1 proper CF).

That would mean 6 in over the following year. Don’t think that’s too bad if we move players on as well.

We don't need 6 first team players in this summer.

From now on in we need to be meticulous with our signings. The foundations are there, now we need to slowly build on that.

Tosun will take his chance and prove to be a good striker for us, whether that be first choice or back up. Jimmy Mac hasn't played a single minute under Silva, so why he deserves to be sold is beyond me. Macca can provide cover for Gana, and Morgan can provide cover for Gomes.

I'd limit signings to 2 or 3 new faces excluding Zouma and Gomes if we can sign them on permenant deals.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Jimmy Mac hasn't played a single minute under Silva, so why he deserves to be sold is beyond me

Broken bone shouldn't have an impact on his game once he's fully fit, and potentially the year out will have gave his muscles/hamstrings the rest they needed, possibly a blessing in disguise and prolong his career. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

no chance we buy gomes, not much chance we buy zouma.  mina will slot in for zouma.  for me we need to see how cenk does to see if he can discover some form in silva's system.  since gomes will go we either need davies to step up or find a player there.

Why do you say that?

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is no option to buy, if they were thinking of selling him there would be.  not to mention he is seen as the successor to iniesta/messi.  

So far as I've understood, he had a miserable time there and that's why he moved and the only reason we didn't get him on a permanent transfer is because we couldn't afford it at the time:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/17/marcel-brands-says-everton-couldnt-afford-permanent-andre-gomes/

Just because there isnt an option to buy it doesnt mean we cant. Look at Lukaku. 

We just need to get him playing regularly and enjoying his football. If he does that, I am sure the fans will win him over and he wont want to be anywhere else especially as there is a question mark over him at the top level.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is no option to buy, if they were thinking of selling him there would be.  not to mention he is seen as the successor to iniesta/messi.  

All it means is that Barca are being clever. If they'd agreed to a £20m fee and then he plays out of his skin for us they'd be losing out on money.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

All it means is that Barca are being clever. If they'd agreed to a £20m fee and then he plays out of his skin for us they'd be losing out on money.

and if he plays like shit we won't want to buy, so my statement that he won't be bought for us would still be correct.  he's gone after this year.

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and if he plays like shit we won't want to buy, so my statement that he won't be bought for us would still be correct.  he's gone after this year.

and probably gone from barca as well.  watch a lot of their games and he will never fill the void they were hoping he would.  barca just wants to recover every penny spent on him and I doubt we were willing to go that far in the summer as the linked article above mentions.

on a sidenote, Arthur Melo has been a joy to watch.  Only 22 and looks right at home in that midfield.

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

If he plays well for us I can see us putting in a bid and if he's gotten the love he wants during his time here I can see us being successful with that bid.

I think it’s evident that Barca are open to the idea of getting rid of him. I don’t think he is an iniesta replacement. They already have found that player already. I was impressed with him big time. Neat and today with lots more to come. I think he will shine next week on a bigger pitch. I think your looking at £35 mill plus. Which is comparable to Danny drink water so I’d get him in in a heartbeat 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

I think if Coleman hasn’t improved by jan we need to be looking at a first team RB. 

100%. Seen a few tweets saying he isn'tt good enough to where we want to be and I for one agree. Far too many sentimental people will scream "HE LOVES THE BLUES THO!" which is great, so do I, but it doesn't mean I'm at the level Everton want to be and unfortunately it seems Coleman isn'tt either.

Bad form doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough. 

He was good enough when he was bombing forward scoring goals. He was good enough when he acted as our sweeper. 

He is going through some bad form after recovering from a few injury’s that’s all. Give the guy a break. Look for long term replacements by all means, but don’t hang our loyal players out to dry.... that’s what is meant to separate Everton from the rest! 

Loyalty does mean a lot to us. Go back to players like Eto.... class player, but no loyalty to any team ever, and he has brought teams down wherever he went. Do we really want to be there again? 

Sone of us are sentimental yes, but because we love our team before we love winning. It’s great to win and have success.... but I’ve supported Everton through some of the worst times in the clubs history, and I’ll still support them as I draw my last breath....even if we never win a trophy ever again.