IGNORED

January Plans

Romey 1878

30 minutes ago, Makis said:

Everton is not going to sign 30+ players any more. That's not how Brands operates.

I think if a player he fancies over 30 is available I think he would take the chance. I don’t see every player he brings in being 20-24, nothing wrong with a mature head on the pitch as long as the legs are there too. 

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on Giroud in Jan if he is avaliable and actually wants to come.

We don’t need a player of his age with no long term future left in the game, if we were looking like going down and desperate for some to put the ball in the net short term then maybe, but we’re not so why?

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We don’t need a player of his age with no long term future left in the game, if we were looking like going down and desperate for some to put the ball in the net short term then maybe, but we’re not so why?

Because an experienced head even for a season can make a massive difference.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fucking hope not. 

I fully get why you say it but he's probably one of the players I'd love us to be able to get (I know it won't happen) 

We could do with that grit and nasty streak in certain games and his finishing is up there with the best of them 

I'd have Giroud though in January as a stop gap before he flutters off to Ligue 1 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I fully get why you say it but he's probably one of the players I'd love us to be able to get (I know it won't happen) 

We could do with that grit and nasty streak in certain games and his finishing is up there with the best of them 

I'd have Giroud though in January as a stop gap before he flutters off to Ligue 1 

Talent to spare, but an utter twat of a player. Would cause many more problems than he’d solve

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I think if a player he fancies over 30 is available I think he would take the chance. I don’t see every player he brings in being 20-24, nothing wrong with a mature head on the pitch as long as the legs are there too. 

I don't think so. Brands's plans are for the long term. Buying a 30+ year player is very short-term. His business plan seems to be to buy players before they hit their prime. I'm pretty sure part B is to make a profit on them. This is what he did at PSV very well and what he seems to be saying in any interviews.

2 minutes ago, Makis said:

I don't think so. Brands's plans are for the long term. Buying a 30+ year player is very short-term. His business plan seems to be to buy players before they hit their prime. I'm pretty sure part B is to make a profit on them. This is what he did at PSV very well and what he seems to be saying in any interviews.

agreed, not to mention girouds wages are massive and no sell on value.  even though we have moshiri we are trying to build a stadium which is money, look at spurs they have no transfer budget due to the ground.  Brands knows this and will want young assets that increase in value so when the stadium build comes we can sell if we need to to buy if it gets tight (like it is at spurs who have more money than us).  

long term vision is the reason brands is here and i'm happy for that.  i don't want giroud.  richarlison is proving to be lukakus goal replacement and cost us half what we sold him for.  plus he's younger and could be worth double what we sold lukaku for.  that is good business.

I'm not expecting much to happen in January tbh probably a fair few outgoings, I'd like us to do the leg work for tying Gomes and Zouma down

For the summer I'd love.. 

Bissaka 

Lozano 

Decourè 

Werner

Expensive I know but imo the type of players to push us on 

Pickford 

Bissaka      Keane         Mina           Digne   

Decourè        Gomes 

Lozano           Sigurdsson        Richarlison

Werner 

Expensive and probably not possible but would give us some real balance and attacking threat and a very good bench and depth for rotating the side 

37 minutes ago, Makis said:

You can’t only have a long term plan in business mate. You need a long term and a short term plan. Both are equally as important. 

Just getting Gomes permanently would be outstanding. January about getting players out and clearing the budget/wage bill for summer:

Sell: Schneiderlin, Niasse or Tosun 

Loan out: Holgate, Dowell, Beni

Players out on loan who could/should be sold immediately: Martina, Pennington, Bolasie, Sandro, Garbutt, Mirallas, Tarashaj

5 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Just getting Gomes permanently would be outstanding. January about getting players out and clearing the budget/wage bill for summer:

Sell: Schneiderlin, Niasse or Tosun 

Loan out: Holgate, Dowell, Beni

Players out on loan who could/should be sold immediately: Martina, Pennington, Bolasie, Sandro, Garbutt, Mirallas, Tarashaj

Bolasie Sandro and mirallas will be a problem

Im not really fussed about too much business, it will make a change to have a quiet window however that being said if we can ditch Schneiderlin and bring in a young hungry replacement as cover for Gana and then to push Gana as he develops that would be great. (As well as signing Gomes / Zouma)

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

How many of the current squad  do you think we need to offload to enable us to get players in next summer, and who in your opinion should be making way for the new signings.

no europa league next year sell/relsease: bolasie, mirallas, niasse, mccarthy, schneiderlin jags, dowell, browning, williiams, pennington, galloway, garbutt, martina, tarashaj, sandro

don't sell (current fringe players): vlasic, besic, onyekuru, holgate, baines

most of the sell players are already loaned or not even a part of the matchday squad so impact will be little except massive money gained on wages and transfer fees.  the players we get back will help shore up reserve positions (vlasic, besic, onyekuru to replace niasse, holgate for CB depth, etc).  That will also free up some space for youngsters to come through and some players to be purchased.  Mostly we just have A SHIT TON OF DEAD WOOD thanks walsh

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

no europa league next year sell/relsease: bolasie, mirallas, niasse, mccarthy, schneiderlin jags, dowell, browning, williiams, pennington, galloway, garbutt, martina, tarashaj, sandro

don't sell (current fringe players): vlasic, besic, onyekuru, holgate, baines

most of the sell players are already loaned or not even a part of the matchday squad so impact will be little except massive money gained on wages and transfer fees.  the players we get back will help shore up reserve positions (vlasic, besic, onyekuru to replace niasse, holgate for CB depth, etc).  That will also free up some space for youngsters to come through and some players to be purchased.  Mostly we just have A SHIT TON OF DEAD WOOD thanks walsh

Until you actually see it you wouldn't believe it you listed 15 players, ok some of them are out on loan but that doesn't mean we still aren't contributing towards some of their wages, take all them off the wage bill and that would give us a huge pot for getting quality players in, the mind boggles at the scale of waste we have occurred.

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

You don't think we can get seventh this season (which may very well be a spot)?

i was stating to get rid of all of them IF we don't have europa because we don't need a large squad.  honestly i would prefer no europa, it seems to derail all our managers recently in their second season.  i'd prefer to focus on a cup win next year and league form.

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Until you actually see it you wouldn't believe it you listed 15 players, ok some of them are out on loan but that doesn't mean we still aren't contributing towards some of their wages, take all them off the wage bill and that would give us a huge pot for getting quality players in, the mind boggles at the scale of waste we have occurred.

yeah i kept adding players to go and kept thinking they will think i'm crazy for getting rid of all of these but honestly we could lose them all and it wouldn't make a difference at all.  we have a massively unbalanced and bloated squad that needs revamping.  brands is doing the Lord's work.

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was stating to get rid of all of them IF we don't have europa because we don't need a large squad.  honestly i would prefer no europa, it seems to derail all our managers recently in their second season.  i'd prefer to focus on a cup win next year and league form.

yeah i kept adding players to go and kept thinking they will think i'm crazy for getting rid of all of these but honestly we could lose them all and it wouldn't make a difference at all.  we have a massively unbalanced and bloated squad that needs revamping.  brands is doing the Lord's work.

Amen to that😃