IGNORED

Initiative Q currency

Haiku

This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here: 
https://initiativeq.com/invite/HGunhRniX
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved).

35 minutes ago, Haiku said:

This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here: 
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved).

signed up, please verify my registration

10 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Just done it, Mark. Welcome to the world's biggest scam, mate. :)

LOL i thought the same about bitcoin, i had friends that mined, they just recently retired due to the small amount they invested back then.  granted i don't think this Q thing will amount to anything but the worst that happens is they sell my name and email address to some marketing lists and i have to unsubscribe.

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

no selling involved mike, a simple sign up name email adress.  worst that happens is your info gets sold to spam email and you have to unsubscribe.  best case you get free money.

No selling involved in pyramid selling either, likewise no product; fail to see the difference.

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

no selling involved mike, a simple sign up name email adress.  worst that happens is your info gets sold to spam email and you have to unsubscribe.  best case you get free money.

There is no such thing as free money. 

On 23/10/2018 at 19:20, Haiku said:

Hi haiku, I signed up, please verify my registration

- moonter

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

No selling involved in pyramid selling either, likewise no product; fail to see the difference.

You don't invest any money. Just showing an interest that you would down load their app. 

It's from the creators of PayPal so should be legit. I doubt you'd get a £100k from just giving an email address but you may get a few quid from being ahead of the trend. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Great addition to the thread Matt.  Some real revelation there

And that post is? :lol: 

It's true though, there's no such thing as free money. If you're comfortable with your private data potentially being sold off, have at it. But every IT training course I've had over the last 12 years uses these kind of examples of things to steer clear of. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

You don't invest any money. Just showing an interest that you would down load their app. 

It's from the creators of PayPal so should be legit. I doubt you'd get a £100k from just giving an email address but you may get a few quid from being ahead of the trend. 

The creators of PayPal already have Venmo for funds transfer. 

I’m struggling to understand what will really happen here. My guess is that it’s a way to gain access to millions of valid email addresses in return for a few pennies each. Expect to be deluged with junk mail. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

And that post is? :lol: 

It's true though, there's no such thing as free money. If you're comfortable with your private data potentially being sold off, have at it. But every IT training course I've had over the last 12 years uses these kind of examples of things to steer clear of. 

popping in to throw a cliche on a thread you're not even interested in is very helpful.  all yours/mine data is sold off anyway matt, unless you live off the grid in a cabin and work off cash only and don't ever use a smart gadget you're already out there.  i work in IT, i'm well aware and yes i read the same article you did.  

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

popping in to throw a cliche on a thread you're not even interested in is very helpful.  all yours/mine data is sold off anyway matt, unless you live off the grid in a cabin and work off cash only and don't ever use a smart gadget you're already out there.  i work in IT, i'm well aware and yes i read the same article you did.  

:rolleyes: I only pointed out a flaw in your statement; cliche or not, it's accurate. And who's to say I'm not interested? I was looking into it before I wanted to make a more in-depth post, saw the "free money" thing, and replied to it simply. Unless you're the post police or just got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, I don't get the problem.

Yes, all data is sold off, but limiting the exposure to that is just good sense. As Mike pointed out, this looks very fishy and familiar to previous pyramid schemes. 

The article wasn''t directed at you, it was something I had found and was planning to share.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

:rolleyes: I only pointed out a flaw in your statement; cliche or not, it's accurate. And who's to say I'm not interested? I was looking into it before I wanted to make a more in-depth post, saw the "free money" thing, and replied to it simply. Unless you're the post police or just got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, I don't get the problem.

Yes, all data is sold off, but limiting the exposure to that is just good sense. As Mike pointed out, this looks very fishy and familiar to previous pyramid schemes. 

The article wasn''t directed at you, it was something I had found and was planning to share.

your comment was stupid matt.  i gave my son 10 dollars, that's free to him, so yes there is free money.  the "no free money" comment is a conservative argument people use when trying to say why not to give social welfare to citizens, terrible use of the phrase if you ask me and terrible argument.

i'm not on the bandwagon on this one, i don't even really care, i saw haiku post it and thought what the hell, like finding a scratch off lottery ticket on the street, might as well scratch it off and see if you won something (free money again).  i get pissed because this is a pattern of things you do, you hop into threads and act like the older brother trying to be all wise and stuff doling out your widsom "no such thing as free money" regular old sherlock holmes there.  

Some people are happy to take a punt, some people are happy to steer clear.  I don't think Matt's comment is stupid, it's his view and one, incidentally, I share.  No one is criticising those who run with it and no one should criticise those who stay out.  When I read about this scheme , the word Ponzi kept springing to mind albeit there is no monetary investment.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

your comment was stupid matt.  i gave my son 10 dollars, that's free to him, so yes there is free money.  the "no free money" comment is a conservative argument people use when trying to say why not to give social welfare to citizens, terrible use of the phrase if you ask me and terrible argument.

i'm not on the bandwagon on this one, i don't even really care, i saw haiku post it and thought what the hell, like finding a scratch off lottery ticket on the street, might as well scratch it off and see if you won something (free money again).  i get pissed because this is a pattern of things you do, you hop into threads and act like the older brother trying to be all wise and stuff doling out your widsom "no such thing as free money" regular old sherlock holmes there.  

Ok. If you’re going to be a dick I won’t bother discussing with you. 

18 minutes ago, johnh said:

Some people are happy to take a punt, some people are happy to steer clear.  I don't think Matt's comment is stupid, it's his view and one, incidentally, I share.  No one is criticising those who run with it and no one should criticise those who stay out.  When I read about this scheme , the word Ponzi kept springing to mind albeit there is no monetary investment.

To be honest, the only reason I shared my concerns in the first place is because not everyone is savvy to these things and I thought I’d share my opinion. Like I said earlier, if you know the risks then go for it, but I wouldn’t because of the “cliche” / fact that’s pissed off Mark so much for some reason. 

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Best show I’ve ever seen. John de Lancie is a genius actor anyway, but the contrast between Q and his BB character was vast. Surprised he’s not been more successful; the guy can act!

I said the exact same thing to my wife (who's binge watched BCS & BB in the last couple of weeks, now watching BCS a second time to tie things together better) the other day; can only imagine he's done a lot of US TV work that we've not seen this side of the pond.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

I said the exact same thing to my wife (who's binge watched BCS & BB in the last couple of weeks, now watching BCS a second time to tie things together better) the other day; can only imagine he's done a lot of US TV work that we've not seen this side of the pond.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209496/

been around a lot in gaming it seems. Still, he should’ve been a more prominent figure on the big screen than he was. I wonder if he’ll make any appearances in the new Picard Star Trek series