IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday November 3rd

markjazzbassist

Winnable game here, they are not a great side but Hughton has done a great job of keeping them organized and morale high.  I want some changes from last week tosun in for walcott and davies in for gana.  have a go at them

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gomes

Davies   Gylfi

Bernard       Tosun     Richarlison

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Winnable game here, they are not a great side but Hughton has done a great job of keeping them organized and morale high.  I want some changes from last week tosun in for walcott and davies in for gana.  have a go at them

Pickford

Gomes

Davies   Gylfi

Prefer DCL over Tosun but agree with the rest. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Gomes

Davies   Gylfi

I dont think Bernard has done enough to keep his place either. I would play Tosun over DCL like you as his movement/link up is better which will be more useful against a packed Brighton defence.

I would stick with the same central midfield as today. Gomes doesnt like defending so he cant be played as a defensive midfielder on his own.

Pickford  

Coleman.    Keane.      Zouma.     Digne. 

Gana.          Gomes.         Gylfi. 

Walcott.     Richarlison.    Bernard. 

Did consider changing Gana but he will have a better game against Brighton no doubt of that, wouldn’t want to mess with the front line they still need more games together to gel and they are creating chances just need to make better decisions. 

Pickford

Gana Gomes

Lookman Siggy Richarlison

Tosun

Keane and Zouma are going to be hard to separate anytime soon as that cb pairing. Coleman has been awful this season but is still better than Kenny at this moment in time. 

Lookman has earned a place to start and Walcott has earned a place on the bench, so a no brainer there.

Bernard still needs time to adapt and we are a stronger team with Richarlison on the left. Tosun can have another go at that number 9 spot and hopefully take it, as he has scored a couple off the bench now and was unlucky not to start against United.

Should be another win, kick ourselves back into some momentum.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma  Digne

Gomes  Gana

Gylfi

Lookman   Richarlison  Bernard     

10 hours ago, sibdane said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma  Digne

Gomes  Gana

Gylfi

Lookman   Richarlison  Bernard     

not bad  but for me :

Pickford

Coleman, Mina, Zouma. Digne

Gana, Gomes

Gylfi

Walcott, Lookman

Richarlison

seems a better  balance and it allows us to  see what Mina can do.

I don't get the idea of sticking Richarlison up front. I've not seen any game yet, only the 20 minute highlights for each, but from what I remember happening was him scoring and assisting on the wing, and not sure he has scored since being put up top? Why are people / the manager so eager to change the formula?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don't get the idea of sticking Richarlison up front. I've not seen any game yet, only the 20 minute highlights for each, but from what I remember happening was him scoring and assisting on the wing, and not sure he has scored since being put up top? Why are people / the manager so eager to change the formula?

Although I don't believe this is his best position, he isn'ttt that bad at it. Scored 1 goal from the centre forward position, won the penalty against united, was involved in the build up to DCL's goal a couple of weeks ago.

He is marginally selfish, which i dont mind, gets himself into good positions, but that final pass is lacking and is often a pop shot from the winger who has lacked composure to flash it across the goal to Richy. He is also quite good in the air, his only goal as a CF was a header (i think), and he has had a couple of other good chances with his head too.

I think with a bit of time he could become a good centre forward.

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Although I don't believe this is his best position, he isn'tttt that bad at it. Scored 1 goal from the centre forward position, won the penalty against united, was involved in the build up to DCL's goal a couple of weeks ago.

He is marginally selfish, which i dont mind, gets himself into good positions, but that final pass is lacking and is often a pop shot from the winger who has lacked composure to flash it across the goal to Richy. He is also quite good in the air, his only goal as a CF was a header (i think), and he has had a couple of other good chances with his head too.

I think with a bit of time he could become a good centre forward.

Thanks man. I've missed out on so much this season, and the high-lights don't tell the  full story, so I'm genuinely curious. Stats wise he was more productive from the wing, but stats don't tell the whole story :)

Just now, Matt said:

Thanks man. I've missed out on so much this season, and the high-lights don't tell the  full story, so I'm genuinely curious. Stats wise he was more productive from the wing, but stats don't tell the whole story :)

You needed to miss most of the last one not this one Matt!

Like I said, I think he is better on the left, but he certainly isnt bad centrally (imo of course)!

On 28/10/2018 at 18:25, markjazzbassist said:

Winnable game here, they are not a great side but Hughton has done a great job of keeping them organized and morale high. 

Since the first game of the season when they lost to Watford they've only been beaten by Spurs, Liverpool and City and they've beaten Man United. Won their last three on the bounce 1-0 each time; by no means easy this one, we need to take our chances and we've not been doing that.

I'm going to this game, I hope we play like have been over the last couple of weeks, with a bit more ruthlessness in front of goal. Keep the pressure up like did against Palace and we will get a good performance and result. 

My only change would be Lookman for Theo, as  despute playing well in the first 6 games he has been poor in the last couple. No point having competition for places if the players playing poorly are not dropped. 

1 minute ago, Bluemineck said:

Zouma cannot play against Chelsea. That game is too big to be Mina’s debut. He needs a run out alongside Keane this week.

I agree with the theory, but I'd rather keep our defensive pairing, who have been pretty solid by all accounts, together for the next game where we have a better chance of getting 3 points and worry about Chelsea after the game

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree with the theory, but I'd rather keep our defensive pairing, who have been pretty solid by all accounts, together for the next game where we have a better chance of getting 3 points and worry about Chelsea after the game

Indeed.  Maybe Mina as a sub if needed or we are comfortably up.

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Pickford

Gana Siggy AGomes

Lookman Tosun Richarlison

Would also go with this. If it doesn't pan out got Bernard, DCL, and Walcott on the bench.  Love that we have an improved bench this year.

4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Pickford

Gana Siggy AGomes

Lookman Tosun Richarlison

I like that team, Keane and Zouma will get a bit of rough and tumble from Murray, so they need to be up for it, Seamus needs to have a good game. The pace of our wingers will give their ageing Italian full back (Schilleto? )plenty of issues, Cenk will give Duffy and Dunk a tougher game as a trad CF rather then Richarlison can. Hopefully this is the game we click across the park and give them a good spanking.

On 30/10/2018 at 11:24, Matt said:

I actually think he has done quite well. He was very greedy against Palace and thats what let him down but against Utd he got 2 1v1 situations (one was the penalty) and he probably should have had 3 assists. A CF who does that isnt doing a bad job. Against Palace he did really well in the physical battle too. 

The real question though is whether the difference between Cenk and Richarlison up front is greater than the difference between Richarlison and Bernard/Walcott out wide. If Bernard had played better in the last couple of games there wouldnt have been as many calls for Richarlison to move wide again. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ill also add that Siggy has become much more involved since Richarlison came in and we at least appear to be winning the ball higher up the pitch on more occasions. 

And that is what’s making the defence look much more settled there not constantly on the back foot blowing out their arses.