IGNORED

Cardiff City (Home) Saturday November 24th

markjazzbassist

5 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Over in the Gana thread, Shukes said this, and it caught my attention.

[Shukes] “I think the next few matches with important players missing is more of an opportunity to blame Gana for anything that goes wrong, rather than see if he can step up and fill the obvious gaps.”

I discuss Shukes’s comment here not to say or ask anything whatsoever about Gana, but to ask Shukes and anyone else what he/they might have read about “important players” missing “next few matches.”  This doesn’t sound good.  Sigurdsson and Gomes out for awhile??

Looks like Gomes and Richarlison, who hobbled off, should be ok. But Gylfi had a protective boot on and I think we’re still waiting for an update on him 

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ye was worried about Gomez and Siggy. Richarlison also seemed sore.

Siggy has been really stepping up recently and will be a big miss.

Seeing as Richarlison played for Brazil last night he should be fine. I’d be surprised if Gomes wasn’t alright for it too.very much doubt Sigurdsson will be available though. 

Big test for us. If we can keep up the level of performance that the team have shown this season then it was say a great deal about the charachter of the team and the quality of depth.

I hope we smash them, but like others have mentioned I have a slight doubt about how we will perform without Sigurdsson.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:20, Shukes said:

After playing well against some of the bigger teams, we need to make sure we don’t fall into the same trap others fall into. Stumbling against teams they should be beating easily. 

A strong performance against these to show consistency would be massive for us.

Us against Huddersfield and Bournemouth and So'ton in League Cup

Watched sky sports earlier they seem to think that Cardiff will do better against us than there away record and our home record would suggest, based on their away games have been nearly all against top half or sixth teams and our home record has been nearly all against bottom half teams. 

Cant see it myself think we will win comfortably and they are paying to much attention to stats. 

1 minute ago, Btay said:

I like that Marco is trying to keep continuity. However if Walcott or Bernard are not at the races today, I want lookman on. Even if it’s a half time sub. I called for patience ( for Walcott ) earlier in the season, but Ademola has taken his chance in my opinion and deserves the managers trust.

They're not playing as well as they could be, admittedly, however the recent results I'd say call for no need of change. 

We are getting better all the time.  Just need to find a bit of ruthlessness up front.  Gomes looks like a professional up against Sunday league players..... unbelievably good.  Sign him... just sign him. 

Walcott off for lookman. Walcott looks out of his depth at the level we are playing. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We should be stuffing these but we cant find a final ball/shot in the last 3rd. 

Our defensive organisation is superb and Gomes is pure class.

He seems to be really enjoying himself to. Had a few shots, taken players in, and his turns while holding the ball.... beautiful to watch.

Richarlison missed an absolute sitter. And the academy graduate on the right... just keep your eye in the ball.