markjazzbassist

Liverpool (Away) Sunday December 2nd

Just now, nogs said:

I'm amazed at some of the negative comments about how we're playing. Half an hour in, this is a proper contest and we could, perhaps should be winning. 

The first 10 minutes were abysmal. We looked a mess from one end of the pitch to the other. We've really grown into it the last 20 minutes or so

Think we handle their initial onslaught.

We have had great chances. Wingers are defending well. Digne can really defend.

Gomes running the game, Gana having a shocker.

Just now, hafnia said:

Liverpool fans are a bit in shock over Gomes... you can sense it. 

He stands out a mile. I think we have looked on par with them. Obviously the ball in the channels to mane and Salah are the problem but have done well to snuff that out 

We're contending. Liverpool aren't comfortable with us which is more than I can say about recent derbys. 

I hope to see DCL come on at some stage as he is the only striker we have that could stand a chance against VVD.

Normally one of Gana’s biggest defenders... he’s been abysmal today. Siggy doing everything he can but once again we keep getting overexcited and leaving the ball behind us. We’re so close and we look a real threat; we just need composure in the final third.

Can’t believe we didn’t score from the Gomes header still.

Gana isn’t the only one who has failed at passing, but I won’t pretend he’s having a good game. 

Should be 2-0. The attitude is the best part of the game. We genuinely don’t look scared. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t see how so many are so surprised about Gana never turns up for the big games hate to repeat myself, but he will be better next week. 

He showed up against Chelsea a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t see how so many are so surprised about Gana never turns up for the big games hate to repeat myself, but he will be better next week. 

Behave Palf. Arsenal and Chelsea he was one of our best players. 

Gana has been terrible. Looks nervous on the ball and can’t okay a five yard pass today.

Hes probably equal with Mina at the moment. Giving the ball away on our area. Never looks comfortable on the ball. Really worried when he has the ball or someone runs at him. Hated the way he didn’t even close down Shaquiri for that shot.

Gonez started slowly, but is turning into his usual class self. Richie.... gotta beef up kid. Can’t keep going down so easily.

Great match to watch.... we’re standing toe to toe for once.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Gana isn’t the only one who has failed at passing, but I won’t pretend he’s having a good game. 

True enough, several others have made poor passes.  Gana has made more poor passes, even at short distances.

I’m disappointed McCarthy’s not on the bench, maybe instead of Davies.  If Gana continues to be out of it early in second half, who but Davies could replace him?

A player runs into their third, makes a tackle and slides to keep the ball in. It breaks and they attack. Vultures are on it.

winalot gets set up at the edge of our area and a player gets back and holds it up, snuffing the easy shot out.... and hose same vultures shut the fuck up haha! 

Same old same old! 

Just now, Shukes said:

A player runs into their third, makes a tackle and slides to keep the ball in. It breaks and they attack. Vultures are on it.

winalot gets set up at the edge of our area and a player gets back and holds it up, snuffing the easy shot out.... and hose same vultures shut the fuck up haha! 

Same old same old! 

Aka you mean doing his job of tracking runners into the box?!