IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Wednesday December 5th

markjazzbassist

19 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Time for lookman to start and Theo to see the bench.  3 points and would love goals from Gomes and Bernard 

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne

Gana  gomes

Lookman Gylfi  Bernard

Richarlison

I like it, but I want something more aggressive. Be warned, fantast + sleep deprivation going on here!:

Pickford

Keane Mina Zouma

Gana

Richarlison Gomes Siggy Bernard Digne

Cenk

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think the weekends game would have taken a lot out of them psychologically. I would definitely consider a couple of changes, not sure who though other than Lookman/Walcott. 

I'm hoping the opposite, I sort of think the game could spear us on massively

They played brilliantly against an apparent "juggernaut" and matched them kick for kick so hopefully they'll know now how well they can play and we aren't far away from what we all want 

You never know though but I'd love to give them a pasting 

Better be good this. Planning on leaving home tomorrow at 7.00am to pick up Josh in Bristol and getting to our hotel early afternoon so we can do a few things in the city in the afternoon (visiting Bramley-Moore Dock being one). Going to have to leave the hotel at around 3.00am Thursday as I have a meeting I can't miss at 11.00am back in Devon so need to allow for road closure/diversion hold-ups. Nightmare timing and will limit my beer intake, but as the hotel's up near Aintree we'll be using Merseyrail (Old Roan/Kirkdale) to get to the ground won't have the normal parking pain. Heavy rain forecast as well, great being a distance fan:unsure:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Better be good this. Planning on leaving home tomorrow at 7.00am to pick up Josh in Bristol and getting to our hotel early afternoon so we can do a few things in the city in the afternoon (visiting Bramley-Moore Dock being one). Going to have to leave the hotel at around 3.00am Thursday as I have a meeting I can't miss at 11.00am back in Devon so need to allow for road closure/diversion hold-ups. Nightmare timing and will limit my beer intake, but as the hotel's up near Aintree we'll be using Merseyrail (Old Roan/Kirkdale) to get to the ground won't have the normal parking pain. Heavy rain forecast as well, great being a distance fan:unsure:.

Hope it's a good game for you after that journey, I'm in different seats form last season and theres a guy who sits next to me on Top Balcony every PL game so far this season, started chatting to him a bit before Cardiff match, in passing he said he lives in Kent and finds it difficult to make the mid week matches 😳 . That's some dedication to our mighty club and makes my hop over the river seem very easy.

10 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Hope it's a good game for you after that journey, I'm in different seats form last season and theres a guy who sits next to me on Top Balcony every PL game so far this season, started chatting to him a bit before Cardiff match, in passing he said he lives in Kent and finds it difficult to make the mid week matches 😳 . That's some dedication to our mighty club and makes my hop over the river seem very easy.

Worth it though. Talked to my lad half an hour ago and he said the trip was better than Christmas when he was a kid. There's a guy from West Country Blues who I've used many times who's not missed a game home/away/Europe for twenty odd years, he's older than me so must have a well decent pension (and an understanding wife).

33 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Worth it though. Talked to my lad half an hour ago and he said the trip was better than Christmas when he was a kid. There's a guy from West Country Blues who I've used many times who's not missed a game home/away/Europe for twenty odd years, he's older than me so must have a well decent pension (and an understanding wife).

I regularly go up from down south (not quite as far as you) with my 12 year old son. Other than the train problems like the  cancellation on the change in Stafford last home game, we enjoy the day trips. Not done a home mid week yet so I take my hat off to you for getting back to work the following day! 

Have a safe journey and hope you get to see us pick another 3 points up. 

22 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm hoping the opposite, I sort of think the game could spear us on massively

They played brilliantly against an apparent "juggernaut" and matched them kick for kick so hopefully they'll know now how well they can play and we aren't far away from what we all want 

You never know though but I'd love to give them a pasting 

It could do, especially the first 20-30 minutes I suppose but its not uncommon for the mental fatigue to set in on such a quick turnaround.

I hope you are right though!

5 hours ago, aaron said:

Going to have to wear about 20 layers tonight, its fucking freezing out!

Hope the players are baying for blood and absolutely destroy Newcastle tonight.

Weather on the way up was biblical at times but made it here safe and sound and pretty much delay free amazingly (long stretches of 50mph limit aside, but they do wonders for fuel consumption, 66mpg overall for the journey:D). 

37 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Enjoy Mike, did you get to Bramley-Moore?

Yeah, didn't get right to the gate as the road was closed and it was pissing down but the scale of the place is mind boggling. Safely in the Winslow now 😁. Merseyrail certainly beats the car park scrum as well!

Mixing things up a bit! Keane on the bench and Bernard and Walcott dropped for Tosun and Mola.

Be interesting to see if Tosun can give Silva food for thought and if Lookman has any more impact in a starting spot than Lookman.

All in all though it's so refreshing to see the team changed and still looking dangerous in comparison to last season.