Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Newcastle (Home) Wednesday December 5th

Don’t know why Siggurdsson shot that back across goal. He could have so easily just directed it softly to the right side there and avoided both the sliding defender and the keeper behind him.

Also, 8 corners and only one has looked a threat. Digne and Siggy need to beat the first man.

Impressive save there. Maybe the best of the season.

We’ve had 76% possession, which I doubt we’ve seen since the early Martinez days. We look really threatening, but once again just don’t have that final bit of quality.

And that goal from Rondón was shocking.

Coleman allowed the cross to get in far too easily. Why does he stand off so much? Mina should have got to it and Digne was away with the fairies.

Their keeper is very good to be fair.

Should be well ahead but we seem to be intent on crossing aerial balls in. Not really working. 

Their keeper is the only reason we don’t have 3 at the moment. 

Awful defending from Digne for their goal, but it’s his only mistake this game of note. 

Siggy should’ve gone the other way with his effort. 

Battering them in shitty conditions. If we get another we’ll score a bunch more I reckon. Just need to be careful of their counters

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Awful defending from Digne for their goal, but it’s his only mistake this game of note. 

Battering them in shitty conditions. If we get another we’ll score a bunch more I reckon. Just need to be careful of their counters

I wondered why he went the side closest to the defender.  Open up and it was a gaping goal. 

Just now, hafnia said:

I wondered why he went the side closest to the defender.  Open up and it was a gaping goal. 

Me too. Seemed to me he took the more difficult option, all he had to do was angle his foot a bit. You could see he realised it straight away though, as he walked to take the corner, muttering to himself. Hopefully he’ll get another chance and not make the same mistake 

Not sure what people are seeing with Lookman, he’s done more this half than Walcott has done in five matches.

Hes bright, lively and sharp. Constantly pushing them back. Earnt so many free kicks as he is getting battered. 

Canr understand the criticism.

23 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Don’t know why Siggurdsson shot that back across goal. He could have so easily just directed it softly to the right side there and avoided both the sliding defender and the keeper behind him.

Also, 8 corners and only one has looked a threat. Digne and Siggy need to beat the first man.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Sometimes I feel like I’m screaming into a void.

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I think that Siggy thought the defender was going to throw himself past to the other side. Bit naive to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not sure what people are seeing with Lookman, he’s done more this half than Walcott has done in five matches.

Hes bright, lively and sharp. Constantly pushing them back. Earnt so many free kicks as he is getting battered. 

Canr understand the criticism.

We all see things differently but he hasn’t been bad I think losing the ball for the goal effected him slightly, what concerns me more is our defence looks like they don’t no each other. 

Mason is at risk of letting this one get away. Can’t let a player grab at jerseys like just happened with Lookman and then walk away. Newcastle is starting to play a little dirty in order to frustrate.

Just now, nyblue23 said:

Mason is at risk of letting this one get away. Can’t let a player grab at jerseys like just happened with Lookman and then walk away. Newcastle is starting to play a little dirty in order to frustrate.

They are tiring I think. Good!

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

We are SO SHIT at corners.

I’ve never felt an Everton squad to be less threatening from set pieces and we had a manager for three years who wouldn’t even practice them.