IGNORED

2018-19 FA Cup

MikeO

Very happy with a home game against Lincoln, another one of the 92 to cross of my list. It should be a comfortable win for us too considering the gulf between the teams, I'd be happy playing a young side with a few experienced heads sprinkled on top. They're 2nd in the league but it's League Two, hopefully they have one eye on getting promoted and let us have the tie in 90 minutes, going to an extra period or replay would be disappointing.

Pickford

Holgate - Keane - Jagielka - Baines

McCarthy - Davies

Lookman - Dowell - Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Keep the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes on the bench if we're drawing on 60 minutes. Have the likes of Baningime and Broadhead there too in case we're flying at 3-0. 

22 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Very happy with a home game against Lincoln, another one of the 92 to cross of my list. It should be a comfortable win for us too considering the gulf between the teams, I'd be happy playing a young side with a few experienced heads sprinkled on top. They're 2nd in the league but it's League Two, hopefully they have one eye on getting promoted and let us have the tie in 90 minutes, going to an extra period or replay would be disappointing.

Pickford

Holgate - Keane - Jagielka - Baines

McCarthy - Davies

Lookman - Dowell - Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Keep the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes on the bench if we're drawing on 60 minutes. Have the likes of Baningime and Broadhead there too in case we're flying at 3-0. 

You’d be happy to play a young side, so you bring in Jagielka and Baines. :)

26 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Pickford 

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Gana

Lookman.       Gylfi.     Bernard

Richarlison

Thats my team, unless we sign a top class CF before then

I know they are league 2 but playing 10 men will be cutting it close!

24 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I grew up in a town called Lincoln City in the states, so I've always been a little curious about their club.

City has some nice historic buildings but it's in probably my least favourite part of the country, Lincolnshire is flat and featureless and just a bit ugly in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

City has some nice historic buildings but it's in probably my least favourite part of the country, Lincolnshire is flat and featureless and just a bit ugly in my opinion.

That's fair. Not quite like the Lincoln City on the Oregon coast. A little more picturesque where I grew up. Lincoln Cathedral does look pretty badass, though.

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

That's fair. Not quite like the Lincoln City on the Oregon coast. A little more picturesque where I grew up. Lincoln Cathedral does look pretty badass, though.

I've driven though and maybe stayed overnight when we did a road trip from Portland down the coast then inland to Jacksonville 20 years ago, bit hazy on where we stayed, but I do remember driving though Westport in about 10 seconds, I was hoping it was like the lovely little Westport in county Mayo Ireland, it's not!

21 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I grew up in a town called Lincoln City in the states, so I've always been a little curious about their club.

Didn't you also give that name to one of your car's with the Lincoln Continental, does that have any connection to where you come from.

On 08/12/2018 at 14:32, Wiggytop said:

I've driven though and maybe stayed overnight when we did a road trip from Portland down the coast then inland to Jacksonville 20 years ago, bit hazy on where we stayed, but I do remember driving though Westport in about 10 seconds, I was hoping it was like the lovely little Westport in county Mayo Ireland, it's not!

I was living there 20 years ago, so maybe we passed each other as the entire city is built on a seven mile stretch of the highway and there’s little to nothing off that stretch. I’d never even heard of Westport even though it’s a short jaunt from where some relatives lived; Lincoln City is a little further south directly west of the capital, Salem.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Didn't you also give that name to one of your car's with the Lincoln Continental, does that have any connection to where you come from.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just looked it was named after the President should have assumed that really.

Yeah the U.S. is not very original with names. The majority of our town names are stolen from either you lot, the natives we stole the land from, or after early presidents and then repeated ad infinitum in each state.

Lincoln City was actually seven small towns that incorporated together in the 1960s and the name was chosen from contest entries. Not the most romantic way to be named.