IGNORED

For the older music members.

Bill

• A 60s music quiz.
  •  
  • Which group did The Ivy League become in 1967?
  • Who had a 1962 UK hit with "Ginny Come Lately"?
  • Which group, all ex-members of the RAF, had a hit with "It's Good News Week"?
  • Which comedian had the biggest selling UK single of 1965?
  • What was the name of the backing groups for (i) Billy J Kramer,(ii) Chris Farlowe,(iii) Screaming Lord Sutch,(iv) Gerry and (v) Freddie
  • Which song features a lyric about a cake that got left out in the rain?
  • Which group wrote the rock opera "Tommy"?
  • Complete the titles of these 60s' TV music shows. (i) Ready,Steady,__, (ii) Thank Your Lucky __, (iii) Juke Box __, (iv) The 6:5 __, and (v) Discs a__
  • Which US singer had a UK hit with "Things" in 1962?
  • Whose hits included "One Way Love" and "Got to Get You Into My Life"?
  • Who replaced Paul Jones as lead singer of Manfred Mann?
  • Who was the drummer for these famous bands,(i) The Beatles, (ii) The Rolling Stones, (iii) The Dave Clark Five, (iv) The Jimi Hendrix Experience and (v) The Small Faces
  • Which group was the first to appear on TV's "Top of the Pops"?
  • Which band had a hit with "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" in 1969?
  • What was the first record to be played on BBC Radio One when it opened in September 1967?
  • What mega band did The New Yardbirds transform into?
  • From what 60s' songs do the following lyrics come from (i) I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes, (ii) We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files, (iii) They say we're young and we don't know, (iv) There must be some way out of here, said The Joker to the thief, and (v) You never close your eyes any more
  • Which British singer reached number one in the US in 1966 with "Sunshine Superman"?
  • What was The Shadows first number one without Cliff Richard in 1960?
  • Who had major hits with covers of these Bob Dylan songs,(i)Mr Tambourine Man,(ii)Mighty Quinn,(iii)All Along the Watchtower, (iv)Just Like a Woman and (v)

Which comedian had the biggest selling single of 1965?    Ken Dodd (or possibly Max Bygraves).

No. 8    Ready stead 'Go',  Thank your lucky 'stars', Juke Box 'Jury',  6:5 'Special'  Discs a ?

Don't know any of the others, more into modern jazz at the time.

Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas....Gerry & the Pacemakers, Freddy & the Dreamers
cake that got left out in the rain-MacArthur Park
Tommy written by The Who
Paul Jones place taken by Mike d'Abo
Drummers-Ringo, Charlie Watts, Dave Clarke, Mitch Mitchell, Kenney Jones
First on TOTP-Stones
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother was The Hollies
New Yardbirds-Led Zep
From what 60s' songs do the following lyrics come from (i) I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes-Paint it Black, (ii) We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files-Mrs. Robinson, (iii) They say we're young and we don't know-I Got You Babe, (iv) There must be some way out of here, said The Joker to the thief-All Along The Watchtower, and (v) You never close your eyes any more-You've Lost That Loving Feeling
"Sunshine Superman" was Donovan
Shadows first number one (educated guess)-Apache
Who had major hits with covers of these Bob Dylan songs,(i)Mr Tambourine Man-The Byrds,(ii)Mighty Quinn-Manfred Mann (didn't realise that was a Dylan song),(iii)All Along the Watchtower, (iv)Just Like a Woman 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas....Gerry & the Pacemakers, Freddy & the Dreamers
cake that got left out in the rain-MacArthur Park
Tommy written by The Who
Paul Jones place taken by Mike d'Abo
Drummers-Ringo, Charlie Watts, Dave Clarke, Mitch Mitchell, Kenney Jones
First on TOTP-Stones
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother was The Hollies
New Yardbirds-Led Zep
From what 60s' songs do the following lyrics come from (i) I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes-Paint it Black, (ii) We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files-Mrs. Robinson, (iii) They say we're young and we don't know-I Got You Babe, (iv) There must be some way out of here, said The Joker to the thief-All Along The Watchtower, and (v) You never close your eyes any more-You've Lost That Loving Feeling
"Sunshine Superman" was Donovan
Shadows first number one (educated guess)-Apache
Who had major hits with covers of these Bob Dylan songs,(i)Mr Tambourine Man-The Byrds,(ii)Mighty Quinn-Manfred Mann (didn't realise that was a Dylan song),(iii)All Along the Watchtower, (iv)Just Like a Woman 

Oh Mike!  I would be acutely embarrassed admitting I knew all that.😀

4 hours ago, johnh said:

Oh Mike!  I would be acutely embarrassed admitting I knew all that.😀

My dad was in the business so it all came home with him. Three of the answers (at least) were people I met as a kid😀, and one I worked with myself when I followed in dad's footsteps (though in a completely different area of expertise).

I should know more.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:51, Bill said:
  • A 60s music quiz.
  •  
  • Which group did The Ivy League become in 1967?
  • Who had a 1962 UK hit with "Ginny Come Lately"?
  • Which group, all ex-members of the RAF, had a hit with "It's Good News Week"?
  • Which comedian had the biggest selling UK single of 1965?
  • What was the name of the backing groups for (i) Billy J Kramer,(ii) Chris Farlowe,(iii) Screaming Lord Sutch,(iv) Gerry and (v) Freddie
  • Which song features a lyric about a cake that got left out in the rain?
  • Which group wrote the rock opera "Tommy"?
  • Complete the titles of these 60s' TV music shows. (i) Ready,Steady,__, (ii) Thank Your Lucky __, (iii) Juke Box __, (iv) The 6:5 __, and (v) Discs a__
  • Which US singer had a UK hit with "Things" in 1962?
  • Whose hits included "One Way Love" and "Got to Get You Into My Life"?
  • Who replaced Paul Jones as lead singer of Manfred Mann?
  • Who was the drummer for these famous bands,(i) The Beatles, (ii) The Rolling Stones, (iii) The Dave Clark Five, (iv) The Jimi Hendrix Experience and (v) The Small Faces
  • Which group was the first to appear on TV's "Top of the Pops"?
  • Which band had a hit with "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" in 1969?
  • What was the first record to be played on BBC Radio One when it opened in September 1967?
  • What mega band did The New Yardbirds transform into?
  • From what 60s' songs do the following lyrics come from (i) I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes, (ii) We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files, (iii) They say we're young and we don't know, (iv) There must be some way out of here, said The Joker to the thief, and (v) You never close your eyes any more
  • Which British singer reached number one in the US in 1966 with "Sunshine Superman"?
  • What was The Shadows first number one without Cliff Richard in 1960?
  • Who had major hits with covers of these Bob Dylan songs,(i)Mr Tambourine Man,(ii)Mighty Quinn,(iii)All Along the Watchtower, (iv)Just Like a Woman and (v)

wonderful quiz  I will answer it after everyone else has had a go as I think I know nearly all of them