• André Gomes
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Richarlison
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Bernard Duarte
    • Ademola Lookman
    • Theo Walcott
    • Tom Davies

Current player of the season positions....
Richarlison...89
André Gomes...86
Jordan Pickford...64
Gylfi Sigurðsson...60
Lucas Digne...53
Idrissa Gana Gueye...44
Kurt Zouma...26
Michael Keane...21
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...16
Bernard Duarte...12
Theo Walcott...10
Tom Davies...10
Jonjoe Kenny...9
Yerry Mina...5
Leighton Baines...3
Ademola Lookman...3
Cenk Tosun...1
Mason Holgate...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Watford (H)...Lucas Digne
Newcastle (H)...André Gomes
Liverpool (A)...André Gomes
Cardiff (H)...André Gomes
Chelsea (A)...Jordan Pickford
Brighton (H)...Richarlison
Manchester United (A)...Jordan Pickford
Crystal Palace (H)...Jordan Pickford
Leicester City (A)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Southampton (H-LC)...Bernard Duarte
Fulham (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Arsenal (A)...Richarlison
West Ham...Lucas Digne 
Huddersfield (H)...Kurt Zouma
Rotherham (H)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Bournemouth (A)...Michael Keane
Southampton (H)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Wolves (A)...Richarlison

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

lookman.  for some reason he really shines as a sub but not as a starter.

Craig Bellamy was talking in the studio about how highly he rates him, he was saying that it’s hard when your a sub then get one game as a starter then back as a sub. He needs game time. I’m a big fan of Bernard but on current form Lookman needs to start over him and Walcott 

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Zouma for me. Keane was good and Lookman the only bright spark going forward. The three goals we conceded were horrendous. I’ve spoken about the sterling goal but look at the Jesus header. Coleman not chasing the cross down and trotting out to sane who picks the cross out 

Exactly this for me also.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Zouma although that fucking irks me considering we had 3 6ft plus centre halves playing and 2 5ft nothing players scored headers.

This!! Three big lads and you’re taking headers in the box, I’m only guessing none of them are very good in a three. No other reason. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

This!! Three big lads and you’re taking headers in the box, I’m only guessing none of them are very good in a three. No other reason. 

Think Silva got it wrong yesterdat- there was no need to play 3 cb against that attack, we can put to bed the “ Gylfi in a deeper role” shout now as he was utterly lost.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Think Silva got it wrong yesterdat- there was no need to play 3 cb against that attack, we can put to bed the “ Gylfi in a deeper role” shout now as he was utterly lost.

I agree with you Pad, I just think we need to remember that we were playing City and they are an unbelievable side. The way they move the ball so quickly and accurately, not many teams will get much out of them. I think we can still be positive, Spurs at home is a winnable game and would be a real marker. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I agree with you Pad, I just think we need to remember that we were playing City and they are an unbelievable side. The way they move the ball so quickly and accurately, not many teams will get much out of them. I think we can still be positive, Spurs at home is a winnable game and would be a real marker. 

I was never expecting anything to be honest Ste but I can’t help be disappointed with the goals we conceded, they were awful and I think the 3 cbs contributed massively to that. I l’m not too disheartened just frustrating the way we lost.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I was never expecting anything to be honest Ste but I can’t help be disappointed with the goals we conceded, they were awful and I think the 3 cbs contributed massively to that. I l’m not too disheartened just frustrating the way we lost.

I’m about the same mate, hate seeing us concede headers to short arses. Hopefully we will be back to four at the back on Sunday. 

21 hours ago, Paddock said:

Did we stick with zonal marking, or was it more picking up players?

I ask as it’s suicide to play zonal against a team with the movement of city. Hard to tell on highlights as I missed the match.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Did we stick with zonal marking, or was it more picking up players?

I ask as it’s suicide to play zonal against a team with the movement of city. Hard to tell on highlights as I missed the match.

If you think zonal marking is suicide, they would have scored double figures if we had tried to man mark them!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If you think zonal marking is suicide, they would have scored double figures if we had tried to man mark them!

I do think it’s suicidal against teams that have the movement of city yes. The way to stop them is to stay tight. Teams that do have achieved some success against them.

Not saying your wrong at all. I didn’t get to watch the whole match. Just that I think the tactics were all wrong.

On 17/12/2018 at 23:14, Shukes said:

I do think it’s suicidal against teams that have the movement of city yes. The way to stop them is to stay tight. Teams that do have achieved some success against them.

Not saying your wrong at all. I didn’t get to watch the whole match. Just that I think the tactics were all wrong.

Completely agree about tight marking, you cant give them space but that isnt man marking, just tight zonal.

The problem then comes when you get over run which is something City do so well in overloading a small space with 2 or 3 players.