IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

Another difficult match coming up but we are home i hope we get a draw in the least i would love to see us beat them and show something to get out of this slump.  I don't want to see Mina out there, and id like to see gana back as they will be on the attack and we need someone to help intercept and disrupt.  Lookman gets a start and Bernard on the right.  Richie back up top.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana  GOmes

Bernard       Gylfi       Lookman

Richarlison

For me gylfi is not a CM but a ACM. I want him behind the main striker. Too that point can we given tosun some more games as our main striker  I think richarlson needs to be on the wing with lookman on the other. I don't see enough end product from bernard and walcott baing in mind they are both seasoned players from big clubs. bernard is too light weight and theo is too inconsistent. Although that said lookman only looks a threat from the bench. 

1 hour ago, memmaclub2 said:

For me gylfi is not a CM but a ACM. I want him behind the main striker. Too that point can we given tosun some more games as our main striker  I think richarlson needs to be on the wing with lookman on the other. I don't see enough end product from bernard and walcott baing in mind they are both seasoned players from big clubs. bernard is too light weight and theo is too inconsistent. Although that said lookman only looks a threat from the bench. 

I thought Walcott looked lively when he came on, unfortunately his miss is probably the most prominent memory. Totally agree with your comments about Sig and Tosun.

6 hours ago, Deacs said:

I thought Walcott looked lively when he came on, unfortunately his miss is probably the most prominent memory. Totally agree with your comments about Sig and Tosun.

Yeah Walcott has a few misses this season that I can't forget. Maybe it's a mixture of lack of confidence and back luck. 

As for Tosun I don't think he gets in games enough - Im not writing him off I think he will have a class career just not at Everton. Calvert lewin is surly ahead of Tosun in the pecking order at the minute, he's got a lot to his game and Marco allowing him to express himself can only make him better. 

59 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Yeah Walcott has a few misses this season that I can't forget. Maybe it's a mixture of lack of confidence and back luck. 

As for Tosun I don't think he gets in games enough - Im not writing him off I think he will have a class career just not at Everton. Calvert lewin is surly ahead of Tosun in the pecking order at the minute, he's got a lot to his game and Marco allowing him to express himself can only make him better. 

Walcott just isn’t a good finisher. 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:47, markjazzbassist said:

Another difficult match coming up but we are home i hope we get a draw in the least i would love to see us beat them and show something to get out of this slump.  I don't want to see Mina out there, and id like to see gana back as they will be on the attack and we need someone to help intercept and disrupt.  Lookman gets a start and Bernard on the right.  Richie back up top.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana  GOmes

Bernard       Gylfi       Lookman

Richarlison

I hate to say it but Coleman needs a rest

14 hours ago, Aidan said:

Averaging a goal every .28 games for a winger is not a bad return though. I just think he is lacking in confidence right now. 

His lack of finishing ability was masked heavily at Arsenal because they created more chances. He is a player that needs 3 or 4 goes to get 1 goal. That's not confidence because it's how he's always been.

And it's mad because when he does score they're usually lovely finishes!

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

Scrap this 5 at the back and if Gana is fit then Gana starts however it should be either Schneiderlin or Davies if he isnt and not Siggy in that more defensive midfield slot.

I agree but the writings on the wall for Schneiderlan, if when Gana is injured he still doesn't get a look in then I doubt he will be playing for us again. (watch him start on sunday now).

I'm interested to see how Morgan and Gomes would do together, could be a really good partnership.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

His lack of finishing ability was masked heavily at Arsenal because they created more chances. He is a player that needs 3 or 4 goes to get 1 goal. That's not confidence because it's how he's always been.

And it's mad because when he does score they're usually lovely finishes!

that must be it because he scored a decent amount for them and even played CF, i've scratched my head trying to figure out how is he this bad, but i think you're right, their midfield was creating many more opportunities.

18 hours ago, aaron said:

I agree but the writings on the wall for Schneiderlan, if when Gana is injured he still doesn't get a look in then I doubt he will be playing for us again. (watch him start on sunday now).

I'm interested to see how Morgan and Gomes would do together, could be a really good partnership.

Depends what Morgan plays, first 6 months - potentially on par with Gomes ( he was that good )

what we’ve seen since, I just don’t know. 

Maybe a bit of time out of the spotlight will have done him the world of good.

I think we might get a hiding tommorow. Spurs are solid all over the park. Son Kane and Ali are on form. Like a broken record we need to take our chances. It will be interesting to see if he drops Mina. I think he has to as Zouma and Keane were probably our best players against city. I’d go 4-4-2 and get amongst their centre halves. 

Pickford

coleman.       Keane.   Zouma.    Digne

walcott.          Gomes.  Gilfi.         Lookman

Charley DCL 

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think we might get a hiding tommorow. Spurs are solid all over the park. Son Kane and Ali are on form. Like a broken record we need to take our chances. It will be interesting to see if he drops Mina. I think he has to as Zouma and Keane were probably our best players against city. I’d go 4-4-2 and get amongst their centre halves. 

Pickford

Charley DCL 

I don’t think Sig works in that deeper role unfortunately.

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

Think we should be able to get on top in the midfield for this one, looks like they might have to run with Winks and Sissoko.  Assuming Gueye is injured, I'd be happy to go more attacking with Davies instead of Schneiderlin.

Keep Calvert-Lewin up top, Richarlison on the left and Lookman on the right.

Agree completely.

14 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pickford

Charley DCL 

Not for me Gylfi was shocking in that position last week he was that poor I was wishing Gana was fit😃.

If there's no Gana I would go with Davies, to be honest I would go with Davies even if Gana was fit no gasp of air there from anyone.