IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

Fuck DCL 3 time's now fucking stop you idiot

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

Guys it's obvious we need a proper ball-winning midfielder in matches like this. Gana and McCarthy the only two who could do the job in our current squad, and both are unavailable. 

Spurs seem to be doing very well without one

Just now, Shukes said:

Well... I made a mistake, thought it was an opportunity for Davies, buts he’s just nowhere near this level is he. Just can’t comoete with these guys. Movement isn’t there, effort is only there when the balls two inches from his feet.

Change it at half time please.

Sadly I agree. Poor lad got no confidence. Hell, I wouldn't if I had to go through Koemans and Allerdyces odd methods.

This is the type of game a fully fit McCarthy is ideal for 

Pickford with another brainfart and Coleman just doesn't have that yard of pace to get back anymore

I don't want to bash Davies much as he hasn't played much football but he's out of his depth here his movement and decision making is piss poor 

Just now, nogs said:

If we're going to try and take on the best teams we need to drill our defence better. I'm not sure individually any of them are top drawer either. 

The problem we have is that we are playing into their hands. We are helping them create the gaps they need, it almost been like we were 2 down with 10 mins to go. Spurs are playing very well but you could VVD, Messi and Kroos into this way of playing and the result wouldnt be much different.

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

Davies was there. Just because he comes off the wall doesn't mean that he should just roam freely into box. 

Davies is there as part of the wall, watching the ball. The two Spurs players are there just to spin. Its one of those things that is just good fortune with clever attacking play to be in the right place at the right time. Far bigger problems with the first two goals and their several chances IMO.

2 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I am tempted to say that our odd mistakes, plus a debatable call on DCL goal, explains the score.  Sort of bad luck, atypical mistakes.

But maybe they’re not atypical.  We screw up because we don’t have many consistently good players.  We’re just not good enough.

There's certainly some truth in that. Elston. And building up a team takes time and effort which we havn't really been doing. A lot of pressure on Silvas shoulders indeed.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Iv already mentioned Gomes' part in the 2nd but Davies effort is shocking too. 

gomes isn'tt having a great match either, but davies has been awful.  coleman davies pickford the worst players out there today.  honestly i would debate throwing schneiderlin on for davies at this point.  

Pickford has had a howler.

Should have been booked at the very least at the end there. Gotta worry about this team now. The midfield are like ghosts and give the opposition so much time on the ball, that they just cut us apart with their through balls. Was the same in the last few games. Defense is utterly shambolic, probably not helped by Pickford charging around like an enraged headless chicken. There’s no composure at all. Going forward we’ve been quite good, although as in all the games recently some of the passing is atrocious, don’t know how you can call yourself a professional footballer if you can’t pass the bleeding ball!

I don’t know for what possible reason our goal was disallowed, dodgy ref me thinks, but can’t exactly say the score line is not a fair reflection of the game. At this rate big Sam will be back again by the summer. Going into a tailspin. We need a win and some confidence back.

I hereby optimistically predict we will win 4-3. 

2 minutes ago, wolf8312 said:

Pickford has had a howler.

Should have been booked at the very least at the end there. Gotta worry about this team now. The midfield are like ghosts and give the opposition so much time on the ball, that they just cut us apart with their through balls. Was the same in the last few games. Defense is utterly shambolic, probably not helped by Pickford charging around like an enraged headless chicken. There’s no composure at all. Going forward we’ve been quite good, although as in all the games recently some of the passing is atrocious, don’t know how you can call yourself a professional footballer if you can’t pass the bleeding ball!

I don’t know for what possible reason our goal was disallowed, dodgy ref me thinks, but can’t exactly say the score line is not a fair reflection of the game. At this rate big Sam will be back again by the summer. Going into a tailspin. We need a win and some confidence back.

I hereby optimistically predict we will win 4-3. 

Wow!  No chance!

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

gomes isn'ttt having a great match either, but davies has been awful.  coleman davies pickford the worst players out there today.  honestly i would debate throwing schneiderlin on for davies at this point.  

I mentioned it in the City game that I think we should have Gomes alongside a more defensive minded player. If Gomes and Davies were on Fifa they would have the same graph/map thing but one obviously much bigger than the other!