IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Wednesday December 26th

markjazzbassist

This match is the start of a 2 month run of winnable games for us.  They will be home so they need to do something but i still expect them to be compact and more than willing to accept a draw seeing as they are not having a good campaign and will want to just stay up.  Take off Gana and go for the jugular, bernard and lookman on to use their skill to break them down, won't need walcott's pace as i expect them to sit back when we attack.

Pickford

Colemand Keane Zouma Digne

Gomes

Bernard         Gylfi        Lookman

Richie     DCL

6 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Mark, we've already had a run of winnable games this season.

Correction, “another run of winnable games here”.  Burnley, Brighton, Leicester, Bournemouth, soton, Huddersfield, wolves, Watford.  

After that we play the top sides but this would be a great time to recover some form.

I know what you're saying but that hasn't worked out in the first half of the season. I think this season has been pretty good in terms of games being spread out in that we haven't had the 'top' sides too much on the bounce and we just haven't been able to take advantage of it to really build up a haul of points.

Pickford

Zouma Keane Mina Digne

Gana Gylfi Beni

Walcott Richarlison Lookman

It's Burnley so not worried about Zouma being exposed out wide. He will add a third aerial presence to Dyche's controlled long ball strategy. 

Who knows who's fit in midfield? Gomes, Gana, Davies, McCarthy, Beni, Schneiderlin. Pick 2. 

If Lookman out injured throw Bernard in there. Think Richarlison can cause problems more problems than DCL/Tosun as the striker in this game. 

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Pickford

Zouma Keane Mina Digne

Gana Gylfi Beni

Walcott Richarlison Lookman

It's Burnley so not worried about Zouma being exposed out wide. He will add a third aerial presence to Dyche's controlled long ball strategy. 

Who knows who's fit in midfield? Gomes, Gana, Davies, McCarthy, Beni, Schneiderlin. Pick 2. 

If Lookman out injured throw Bernard in there. Think Richarlison can cause problems more problems than DCL/Tosun as the striker in this game. 

Im not normally for it but the Zouma shout might not be a bad one, he did alright there against City and I think we could do with a bit more beef in the side given the short turnaround and the team we are playing.

Midfield is going to be a problem though, maybe its time for Baines 😄.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Im not normally for it but the Zouma shout might not be a bad one, he did alright there against City and I think we could do with a bit more beef in the side given the short turnaround and the team we are playing.

Midfield is going to be a problem though, maybe its time for Baines 😄.

Do you know what? I wouldn’t mind putting Baines at RB. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I fear our confidence could be knocked after the Derby and that heavy defeat so fearing the worst.

Time for Marco to earn his money.

I hope he is brave here.

RB is a problem at the moment, Zouma could do it or Kenny/Baines.

I think they will sit deep, so we need good hold up play, DCL or Tosun uptop. Not sure if Charlie needs a rest or a bollocking. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Time for Marco to earn his money.

I hope he is brave here.

RB is a problem at the moment, Zouma could do it or Kenny/Baines.

I think they will sit deep, so we need good hold up play, DCL or Tosun uptop. Not sure if Charlie needs a rest or a bollocking. 

Possibly just needs a bit on consistency in being chosen at LW. He's been rotating beetween being upfront and on the left all season and it's not as easy for him to find consistency in his game being moved around all the time. I'm not defending him, that display against spurs was shocking,  but as was every other Everton player that game.

I think it just add's to the list of reasons why we desperatly need a striker in January.

But you're right Marco certainly needs to step up his game here. Pressure is on and if we dont find a win in the next couple of games heads are going to start dropping in that dressing room.

Never thought I'd be saying this about facing a club in the bottom three this season because it should be a given, but this is a winnable game for us. We're looking at a team going through a bit of a bad patch and showing a bit of poor form, confidence is a little low and they are easily rattled... anyway that's enough about Everton. I see this either being a boring nil nil draw or a hectic three four win for us. I am hoping for the latter, of course. 

3 hours ago, Heath said:

Never thought I'd be saying this about facing a club in the bottom three this season because it should be a given, but this is a winnable game for us. We're looking at a team going through a bit of a bad patch and showing a bit of poor form, confidence is a little low and they are easily rattled... anyway that's enough about Everton. I see this either being a boring nil nil draw or a hectic three four win for us. I am hoping for the latter, of course. 

It's a scary thought to think we could lose this game but for me it looks very possible, they maybe languishing at the bottom of the table but they will have looked at our last 5 games and believe they can do a number on us.

The players need to be fully up and committed for this any hangover from Sunday and I fear we are done, this game could prove a big turning point in our season.

Not got a good feeling about this. The squad looks threadbare, very few options in terms of what Silva can bring in to freshen things up. We know what Burnley will do, regimented 4-4-2 and physical. If Silva can't fire the players up to react to Sunday then we could easily get rolled over.