Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Burnley (Away) Wednesday December 26th

We ball watch so goddamn much. It’s unreal. What is DCL doing there? He plays a Burnley player onside after just standing at the near post and watching Gibson pick up the ball after a block.

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

DCL played him on. And Pickford was impeded by Keane I think... not a Burnley player.

Couldn't tell tbh didn't show much of a reply on TSN3

Either way shite goal to give away 

1 minute ago, EFC-Paul said:

Couldn't tell tbh didn't show much of a reply on TSN3

Either way shite goal to give away 

Agreed. But extremely typical of the type we’re so fond of giving away.

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Where are all the haters now?

Don’t think there are any on TT mate. We get frustrated at times, even angry at our club.... but it’s all out of love for the club.

19 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

DCL played him on. And Pickford was impeded by Keane I think... not a Burnley player.

We play zonal mate. That’s the negative effect of zonal. 

Its ok when your in lines because you all live together. In corners it’s difficult. Not saying he didn’t, just the negative of zonal.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

We play zonal mate. That’s the negative effect of zonal. 

Its ok when your in lines because you all live together. In corners it’s difficult. Not saying he didn’t, just the negative of zonal.

Zonal doesn’t mean you just stand there watching the ball when you’re closest to it, though. You still have to react. We’re just objectively awful at it.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m so, so happy to see us playing 3 at the back again. It’s brought us good results each and every time we’ve used that tactic. 

Ahem:D.

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

this was my take.  with gana out he knew our midfield would be overran and he knew burnley would be playing long balls and quick counters since they sit back so much.  Instead of trying to play through the middle we played out wide using the wingbacks to spread them out since they are usually so compact.  this gave us more space to attack and more lanes to run.  Also the 3 CB helped to shore up the defense by having those 3CB sit back deep to defend against quick counters. 

it won't work for everyone, but for the parked bus sides i think it was clever.  Also once gana is fully fit i think we go back to a 4231.