Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Brighton (Away) Saturday December 29th

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Good covering from Mina. Richarlison does well to get something on their pass and Gana stands there watching. Its like someone had shut him down for 5 seconds.

I'm saying nothing it's for all to see for themselves.

Pretty crap half in truth. We had a flurry of 3 chances in a short space of time but they only amounted to half chances really, Richie's probably the best but it was a tight angle. What is worse is that its not like we have got into good positions and fluffed the final ball that often. I remember one from Richie and one from Gana but thats it. Everything we have done well has gone down the left with Digne, Bernard and Richarlison. 

They havent created much either, maybe one chance and a couple of promising positions. 

We need to see much more in the 2nd half otherwise one of those centre halves needs to come off.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

if marco wants a draw the tactics and formation are fine for now but if he wants to win he needs to take off one of the CB and put on DCL and have a go, they are not good and if we had more in attack we could score a couple.

I think we're getting the opportunities just not being clinical enough or timing runs right 

I'd leave it for the next 20 mins or so then I'd actually be tempted to bring on Niasse, seems to be one of those right place at the right time games ATM and i just think "for some odd reason" he's the man to put them away 

Just now, MikeO said:

Shadow of what he was at Burnley, Gomes needs a rest imo, anonymous half from him.

honestly i havne't been impressed with Gomes in 4 or so matches.  he was a worldie whne he first started playing and now has drifted to a good player but is giving away the ball too much and misses passes.  

DCL for Zouma for me.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly i havne't been impressed with Gomes in 4 or so matches.  he was a worldie whne he first started playing and now has drifted to a good player but is giving away the ball too much and misses passes.  

DCL for Zouma for me.

I agree take Zouma off go to a back 4 and put Gylfi on and if no breakthrough after 20 DCL for Richarlison.

Change of mind after 20 put DCL on for Gomes or Gana put Bernard in the middle and Richarlison on the left and go for broke.

24 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Probably been our best player, offered attacking impetus and made good interceptions.

You mean that one interception that accidently turned into a run forward until he shit himself and ruined the attack. Any other centre mid makes something happen in that play. 

Terrible from Brighton pretending to kick the ball out and playing on. Either do one or the other. 

Well... shit. But I saw it coming really. The set-up from Silva was perhaps not the right one for this match. But with a sub or two I think we can get back at it.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

That ball from Gueye chipped to just clip the top of Walcott's head goes down as a completed pass and a loss of possession from Walcott. #statproblems

That's why I pay no heed to stats

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You mean that one interception that accidently turned into a run forward until he shit himself and ruined the attack. Any other centre mid makes something happen in that play. 

Terrible from Brighton pretending to kick the ball out and playing on. Either do one or the other. 

You need to watch him more carefully. I also think one of his greatest attributes is his bravery. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Same old same old you should invest in a repeat button😉

No thanks.... I've seen what your repeat button does.

Btw... what has Walcott done? He's been awful.

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

People are going to really start hating Walcott 

Hate? No.  But he is poor.  He loses the ball too easily. Puts us at risk a lot.

Got pace and is a lovely lad... so is niasse

Shocking 2 plays from Walcott. Turning into trouble and then clearing the ball for a corner.

Then Bernie does similar on the other side. Keane with a great block.

We need to show some composure. Since Gomes went off we have been all over the place.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Don't be so stupid, he doesn't hide he wants the ball as much as anyone on the pitch.

He does fuckin hide. I can understand why too.... absolutely shite.

Our right hand side is piss poor

Just now, Palfy said:

We are experiencing the Gana effect nearly as silly as Haf's he's hiding.

Palf get a fookin grip. You've polluted this site with anti gana bollocks for months and he's likely off to one of the best sides in Europe.

Walcott has stunk the gaff out today. Barely touched the ball and when he has he's been piss poor. Piss poor.