IGNORED

Leicester City (Home) Tuesday January 1st

markjazzbassist

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I wouldn’t swap Digne for anyone but I’ve been going on about Chilwell for a few years. Could have got him for peanuts 

It's heartbreaking how many players fall into that bracket, compared to what we've wasted money on 

It's hard to remain patient watching performances like that but I feel for Silva a bit, he really has so little to work with quality wise. We just have to hope Brands is as good as his reputation suggests because he has a huge job turning our playing staff around. Very little to look forward to going into the new year because I just don't see any quick fixes. 

We need to stop changing for the sake of changing. I hope it’s only been due to the gruelling Christmas schedule. We need to decide on a centre back pairing and stick with them. Kenny didn’t do enough for me to get ahead of Coleman. Bernard needs to start. Where is Lookman have I missed something? He’s been so good in the small cameos he’s had this year, never gets a start and noes not even on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Puel didn't start Maddison, Allbrighton and Gray, fortune favours the brave. Take note Marco some of the blame is on you.

yeah i thought about that, we would have lost 3-0 if they had started, FFS

terrible match, lackluster attack, keane with a blunder for the goal.  we have no bench, literally we don't have anyone that can change a game on the bench (with lookman injured).  Brands better have been joking about no reinforcements in january, we are bare and need quality.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Does the first half of this season not count?

What has he done that is so great? We haven't kept a clean sheet since November. I was lucky enough to grow up watching Ratcliffe and then Watson play centre half for us, we are crying out for a leader, an organiser at the back. Keane is nowhere near the level we need, and for the record I don't think Zouma is either. That's why we concede every game. 

Just now, nogs said:

It's hard to remain patient watching performances like that but I feel for Silva a bit, he really has so little to work with quality wise. We just have to hope Brands is as good as his reputation suggests because he has a huge job turning our playing staff around. Very little to look forward to going into the new year because I just don't see any quick fixes. 

I disagree with this lack of  quality I think we have a dam dight more quality than we did last season. We have some decent players out on loan and we bought in 2 Brazilian internationals and 3 barcelona players. I think the truth is we haven't found our top 3 gears enough of the time. The players look like they have little confidence so they revert to the game plan Marco sent them out with which says keep the ball and play out from the back. When charly was playing well he was being unpredictable I think the players have stopped being risky.

Just now, barryj said:

We need to stop changing for the sake of changing. I hope it’s only been due to the gruelling Christmas schedule. We need to decide on a centre back pairing and stick with them. Kenny didn’t do enough for me to get ahead of Coleman. Bernard needs to start. Where is Lookman have I missed something? He’s been so good in the small cameos he’s had this year, never gets a start and noes not even on the bench. 

Lookman has a knock apparently, but I agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

Lookman had a start a few games back and he was anonymous. 

20 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well we have got exactly what we deserved today. Toothless performance yet again. Many players exposed for their level today.

Toothless has it pegged just about right.  Physically and mentally.

Opponents know our passing is intermittently abysmal, we are chaotic in the final third and can’t finish, will make dunderheaded plays all over the pitch, and rarely display either relentless effort or mental toughness.  Again this season we offer too many displays of non-football that are embarrassing.

Edit — I neglected to note a key phrase in Shuke’s post: “yet again.”  The outlier was the Burnley performance.

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

What has he done that is so great? We haven't kept a clean sheet since November. I was lucky enough to grow up watching Ratcliffe and then Watson play centre half for us, we are crying out for a leader, an organiser at the back. Keane is nowhere near the level we need, and for the record I don't think Zouma is either. That's why we concede every game. 

Once again us conceding as we have been is not the sole responsibility of the defence. 

I'm not saying he's a fantastic defender - I'm saying pointing the finger at him like that isn'ttt very fair. Yes he made a mistake but he's made a lot less than most this season. Suppose you want Pickford gone too? He's made countless.

2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I disagree with this lack of  quality I think we have a dam dight more quality than we did last season. We have some decent players out on loan and we bought in 2 Brazilian internationals and 3 barcelona players. I think the truth is we haven't found our top 3 gears enough of the time. The players look like they have little confidence so they revert to the game plan Marco sent them out with which says keep the ball and play out from the back. When charly was playing well he was being unpredictable I think the players have stopped being risky.

Four or five 'quality' players is no where near enough. Look at what Leicester had on the bench, we are seriously short.