Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Leicester City (Home) Tuesday January 1st

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Our best CB in a side that concedes every game is hardly a ringing endorsement. He costs us goals, he did it all last season, he is slow gets dragged out of position and has a howler in him. You can't keep defending that and expect us to be anything but mediocre. Why are certain players above criticism? 

Defending starts with the striker does it not? Keane's been solid for us this season. Every player makes mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

DCL and kenny doing fuck all to cement their place.  Why can’t our youngsters step up and seize the day?

Kenny's been solid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Defending starts with the striker does it not? Keane's been solid for us this season. Every player makes mistakes.

OK, put it another way - would Keane get a game for Leicester ahead of Evans and Maguire? No chance, so why is he good enough for us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nogs said:

OK, put it another way - would Keane get a game for Leicester ahead of Evans and Maguire? No chance, so why is he good enough for us? 

Leicester are above us in the table  -what's the logic in your argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Leicester are above us in the table  -what's the logic in your argument?

We're Everton FC. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

The logic in your argument seems to be that we should expect to be beaten at home by Leicester? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nogs said:

Albrighton has been about 5 times more effective than Walcott was for us

Walcott is so poor and was also responsible for the goal. Although saying that no one has really been good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

NSNO doesn't mean after one person makes a mistake you have to jump all over him. 

It's not one mistake though is it or does last season not count? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shite run of results. Tough run of fixtures mind, in terms of rest between games etc, but we seem to be back to struggling to break teams down consistently.

Got to get the wheels back on asap or the season will be fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I wouldn’t swap Digne for anyone but I’ve been going on about Chilwell for a few years. Could have got him for peanuts 

It's heartbreaking how many players fall into that bracket, compared to what we've wasted money on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to remain patient watching performances like that but I feel for Silva a bit, he really has so little to work with quality wise. We just have to hope Brands is as good as his reputation suggests because he has a huge job turning our playing staff around. Very little to look forward to going into the new year because I just don't see any quick fixes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to stop changing for the sake of changing. I hope it’s only been due to the gruelling Christmas schedule. We need to decide on a centre back pairing and stick with them. Kenny didn’t do enough for me to get ahead of Coleman. Bernard needs to start. Where is Lookman have I missed something? He’s been so good in the small cameos he’s had this year, never gets a start and noes not even on the bench. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Puel didn't start Maddison, Allbrighton and Gray, fortune favours the brave. Take note Marco some of the blame is on you.

yeah i thought about that, we would have lost 3-0 if they had started, FFS

 

terrible match, lackluster attack, keane with a blunder for the goal.  we have no bench, literally we don't have anyone that can change a game on the bench (with lookman injured).  Brands better have been joking about no reinforcements in january, we are bare and need quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Does the first half of this season not count?

What has he done that is so great? We haven't kept a clean sheet since November. I was lucky enough to grow up watching Ratcliffe and then Watson play centre half for us, we are crying out for a leader, an organiser at the back. Keane is nowhere near the level we need, and for the record I don't think Zouma is either. That's why we concede every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nogs said:

It's hard to remain patient watching performances like that but I feel for Silva a bit, he really has so little to work with quality wise. We just have to hope Brands is as good as his reputation suggests because he has a huge job turning our playing staff around. Very little to look forward to going into the new year because I just don't see any quick fixes. 

I disagree with this lack of  quality I think we have a dam dight more quality than we did last season. We have some decent players out on loan and we bought in 2 Brazilian internationals and 3 barcelona players. I think the truth is we haven't found our top 3 gears enough of the time. The players look like they have little confidence so they revert to the game plan Marco sent them out with which says keep the ball and play out from the back. When charly was playing well he was being unpredictable I think the players have stopped being risky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barryj said:

We need to stop changing for the sake of changing. I hope it’s only been due to the gruelling Christmas schedule. We need to decide on a centre back pairing and stick with them. Kenny didn’t do enough for me to get ahead of Coleman. Bernard needs to start. Where is Lookman have I missed something? He’s been so good in the small cameos he’s had this year, never gets a start and noes not even on the bench. 

 

Lookman has a knock apparently, but I agree with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barryj said:

We need to stop changing for the sake of changing. I hope it’s only been due to the gruelling Christmas schedule. We need to decide on a centre back pairing and stick with them. Kenny didn’t do enough for me to get ahead of Coleman. Bernard needs to start. Where is Lookman have I missed something? He’s been so good in the small cameos he’s had this year, never gets a start and noes not even on the bench. 

 

Lookman had a start a few games back and he was anonymous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well we have got exactly what we deserved today. Toothless performance yet again. Many players exposed for their level today.

Toothless has it pegged just about right.  Physically and mentally.

Opponents know our passing is intermittently abysmal, we are chaotic in the final third and can’t finish, will make dunderheaded plays all over the pitch, and rarely display either relentless effort or mental toughness.  Again this season we offer too many displays of non-football that are embarrassing.

Edit — I neglected to note a key phrase in Shuke’s post: “yet again.”  The outlier was the Burnley performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nogs said:

What has he done that is so great? We haven't kept a clean sheet since November. I was lucky enough to grow up watching Ratcliffe and then Watson play centre half for us, we are crying out for a leader, an organiser at the back. Keane is nowhere near the level we need, and for the record I don't think Zouma is either. That's why we concede every game. 

Once again us conceding as we have been is not the sole responsibility of the defence. 

I'm not saying he's a fantastic defender - I'm saying pointing the finger at him like that isn'ttt very fair. Yes he made a mistake but he's made a lot less than most this season. Suppose you want Pickford gone too? He's made countless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I disagree with this lack of  quality I think we have a dam dight more quality than we did last season. We have some decent players out on loan and we bought in 2 Brazilian internationals and 3 barcelona players. I think the truth is we haven't found our top 3 gears enough of the time. The players look like they have little confidence so they revert to the game plan Marco sent them out with which says keep the ball and play out from the back. When charly was playing well he was being unpredictable I think the players have stopped being risky.

Four or five 'quality' players is no where near enough. Look at what Leicester had on the bench, we are seriously short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Got 0-1 all over this 

You could see it happening a mile off. Apart from the game he brought Tosun and DCL on and they both scored his substitutions have been poor at the right “moments”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...