IGNORED

Lincoln City (FA CUP Home) Saturday January 5th

markjazzbassist

reserves and fringe players should be more than enough, i would not play a starter and would let them rest up.

Stek

Kenny Jags Zouma Baines

Beni McCarthy

Walcott   Davies   Lookman

Tosun/Niasse

Let's play 5 at the back that will be a right laugh wont it?

In all seriousness this will be a game we need to win as we need a good cup run if nothing else this season. They are first in League 2 so will have their tails up for this game.

Possibly too soon for Jimmy Mac to start a game but I hope to see him play from the bench.

As for Holgate I'd imagine he will be getting ready to go out on loan somewhere so doubt he will feature.

Pickford and Siggy have to start this game.

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We're 50 places above them so I'd expect the reserves to win. 

I don't care how many places above them we are, they're in great form and us playing a side cobbled together that hasn't played with each other before is asking for trouble. Not without the regular worry of lower league teams upping their game.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Lovely looking at all these shitty teams that some would be happy for our fans to pay to watch us lose with.

Agreed. If we want to win the cup, take.it seriously from the start. 2 or 3 changes is fine but wholesale changes just adds a level of risk we dont need to take.

Those players "rested" also need to be left at home. They need a mental break as well as a physical break so having them on the bench doesn't rest them at all.

Normally I favor major changes for such a match.  Even with 7-8 changes, we should easily beat a top League Two side at Goodison.  Coleman, Gomes, and Walcott will by then need a rest, and Digne, Sigurdsson, and Richarlison could use one.  I assume all these will start against Leicester.

So for Lincoln City, sticking with normal circumstances, I’d prefer......

Stekelenburg

Mina        Keane        Zouma

Kenny    McCarthy.    Baines

Lookman    Davies   

Tosun     Niasse

Kenny and Baines to provide the width, McCarthy (or Baningime?) mostly protecting the back 3.  Richarlison, DCL, Digne, Gana, Sigurdsson on bench.

I’m aware that many would strongly advise only minimal changes, presumably no matter our result against Leicester.  For me, the Leicester match — our energy, the crowd’s mood, the excellent or poor play by specific players, the result, the delight or gloom afterwards — will determine whether I’ll still think we can afford and should make substantial changes for Lincoln City 4 days later.

Should we be desperate for a win because we lost to Leicester, then I’d have to concede that we’d have to start our strongest 11, and be satisfied that our most worn-out starters would then have 8 days before our next match.

i'm going to change my lineup and say we need to go full strength now, win big and get the confidence back.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana

Bernard  Gylfi

Lookman    DCL     Richarlison

On 29/12/2018 at 21:20, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Virginia

kenny jags Mina baines 

davies McCarthy beni 

lookman tosun dcl 

agree on holgate being unavailable. Put some kids on the bench - sambou, Hornby, adeniran 

Nevermind. 

Stek

Coleman Keane Mina Baines

Gana Davies

Lookman Siggy Bernard

DCL

Bench: Virginia Jags Digne McCarthy Richarlison Niasse Tosun

Gomes and Walcott shouldn't be in the 18. 

3 hours ago, Vital Lincoln City said:

Everton v Lincoln City: Match Preview:

It is an oft-quoted statistic in these parts that the largest attendance ever to watch Lincoln City – 61,231 – came in the Second Division game at Everton on 16 April 1954.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/everton-v-lincoln-city-match-preview/

Nice one, enjoy your day out, just not too much. You could've pointed out that our 2003 defeat by Shrewsbury was made all the more embarrassing by the fact that they were managed by Kevin Ratcliffe, our most successful ever captain, so thanks for omitting that:unsure:.

This competition is the only bit of real excitement left in this season. Let’s not take anything for granted. I remember loads on here moaning about the team selection that led to us going out of the league cup. Let’s play a strong side (with a few like for like replacements) and make the changes and give key players a rest when the games won.