Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Lincoln City (FA CUP Home) Saturday January 5th

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Subs are exactly what we don't want from Silva, if you can't trust youngsters against League 2 opposition then you're coaching wrong

Panicking / treating the game with respect for me but I know where you’re coming from 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

Subs are exactly what we don't want from Silva, if you can't trust youngsters against League 2 opposition then you're coaching wrong

Maybe it’s just a coaches perogative? That’s the game he sees that’s what he gets paid for. That’s why we slag them off Because we think we know better 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

One Baines cross and Lookman just before, only had Tosun in the box. Siggy and Bernard standing on the edge waiting.

Yes... that's not good enough. I blame Silva.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Panicking / treating the game with respect for me but I know where you’re coming from 

Sends out all the wrong messages for me, were either at fault for the goal? He's showing signs he's got big problems and isn'ttt sure of the answers to me

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sends out all the wrong messages for me, were either at fault for the goal? He's showing signs he's got big problems and isn'tttt sure of the answers to me

Im not so sure, Gomes has come in and is now controlling the game and Tosun is also doing a better job of being a focal point in general play. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sends out all the wrong messages for me, were either at fault for the goal? He's showing signs he's got big problems and isn'tttt sure of the answers to me

Neither for me either. 

Yeah, I agree 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

Think some of us are making a mountain out of a mole hill

We don't have any mointains here (Denmark), so we're allowed to :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whoops, deleted my comment. Thought Richarlison was faking but I’ll hold my hands and admit i reacted too quick 

He was deffo over-reacting. But you see that everywhere these days. Fucking hell I'm getting old...

1 minute ago, Sev said:

He was deffo over-reacting. But you see that everywhere these days. Fucking hell I'm getting old...

He’s split his lip or something, at least there was some justification for his antics this time

Well. Was nice with a win home (2-1). But fuck me, we have a long way to go.

Best thing about todays game was watching Baines, I think.

People call for us to field a strong squad then seem to moan about Marcos substitutes today.

We won and it was ugly and it continues to look off-pace and worrying. I understand we need time but we also need a little quality and there was very little of that today.

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

That must not be a common phrase where you guys live “spurs us on” mean to drive forward. A cowboy would kick his spurs on his boots into the side of the horse whereby the horse jolts off a a high speed.

It used to be.  Over here, a knight would kick his spurs into the side of the horse, whereby the horse would charge into battle at high speed.  However, that was several hundred years ago.😁

46 minutes ago, nogs said:

Subs of a manager close to the sack more like. 

What a shit show that was. All going well then concede one goal and shit the bed luckily Lincoln don't have the quality of spurs otherwise that could've been another embarrassment. Our lads and manager need to pull their finger out soon as this football isn'tt good enough. Lincoln deserve some credit, battled all game but we should have won that game comfortably.  

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

That must not be a common phrase where you guys live “spurs us on” mean to drive forward. A cowboy would kick his spurs on his boots into the side of the horse whereby the horse jolts off a a high speed.

i don't want spurs either.  

think it’s a joke mate 

Missed the goals as was stuck in IKEA and didn't get home until 3.20. Just looked at the goals on the Beeb and Lookman is described by the commentator as, "....the smallest man on the pitch...":huh:. He's 5'9" according to wiki while Bernard is 5'5" and Baines 5'7", do your research man!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46706907

43 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Bit of an older word than your fledgling nation;).

Capture.JPG

Just Googled their attendance as there was a fair few of them 5000+. They only average 8000 for a home game so nearly every fan must have made the trip. No doubt they enjoyed it even though they lost and sing the most boring chant ever "we are imps". 

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/youve-done-proud-lincoln-city-2393858

1 hour ago, johnh said:

It used to be.  Over here, a knight would kick his spurs into the side of the horse, whereby the horse would charge into battle at high speed.  However, that was several hundred years ago.😁

When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old, he was gentle and brave, he was gallant and bold.

Remember singing that in primary school, John?

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Subs of a manager close to the sack more like. 

What a shit show that was. All going well then concede one goal and shit the bed luckily Lincoln don't have the quality of spurs otherwise that could've been another embarrassment. Our lads and manager need to pull their finger out soon as this football isn'ttt good enough. Lincoln deserve some credit, battled all game but we should have won that game comfortably.  

This, but it's a depressing read pete.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Just Googled their attendance as there was a fair few of them 5000+. They only average 8000 for a home game so nearly every fan must have made the trip. No doubt they enjoyed it even though they lost and sing the most boring chant ever "we are imps". 

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/youve-done-proud-lincoln-city-2393858

Bit unfair.

They had about 4 or 5 different songs.

I was in upper Glawdys and heard no songs from us at all in the second half.  In the second half a 5 year old girl had a go at oggy oggy oggy!  Then a few times after some attack play we managed evverrrttooon evvveerrrtooon.  That was it!

Surely we can do better than that!

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old, he was gentle and brave, he was gallant and bold.

Think John was there when the term was coined ;) 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Steve, I went to primary school in Liverpool during the war.  We didn't sing songs like that, bit cissy that.😝

Some flashes of excellent attacking play today and some flashes of panic in our defence. Not convinced by Mina at all, he needs to learn the basics of defending.

Bernard did a lot of good work when he moved inside, Baines had a very good game, but I wouldn't go overboard about Ademola, I thought he was very poor and would have preferred somebody else starting.

The goal conceded.... ridiculous and needless foul by mina. Clumsy and stupid.

Pickford.... command the penalty area! The ball was delivered practically into the 6 yard box.... same with a chance in the second half- rooted to his line. 

34 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The goal conceded.... ridiculous and needless foul by mina. Clumsy and stupid.

Pickford.... command the penalty area! The ball was delivered practically into the 6 yard box.... same with a chance in the second half- rooted to his line. 

You don’t feel at all if Zouma hadn’t come in he could have cleared it?

1 hour ago, Btay said:

You don’t feel at all if Zouma hadn’t come in he could have cleared it?

In the first instance it was keepers ball... it was flighted into the 6 yard box and pickford stayed on his line.... it should have been punched out or caught.  A keeper should be getting any ball in the 6 yard box no question. 

Made a stop and pushed it out the rest is down to reactions of which our defenders have been shite all season.  So yeah we can throw zouma into the mix but it shouldn't have even come down to him. 

I'm just not convinced... sadly. 

14 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Bit unfair.

They had about 4 or 5 different songs.

I was in upper Glawdys and heard no songs from us at all in the second half.  In the second half a 5 year old girl had a go at oggy oggy oggy!  Then a few times after some attack play we managed evverrrttooon evvveerrrtooon.  That was it!

Surely we can do better than that!

I agree. They had at least 5/6 different songs. Granted most were generic. Goodison has been quiet for a while now and in this match I can’t recall us making any noise for over 20 seconds at a time. Most games we don’t provide a motivational or intimidating atmosphere.