• Tom Davies
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Ademola Lookman
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Bernard Duarte
    • Cenk Tosun
    • André Gomes

This poll is closed to new votes

Current player of the season positions....
Richarlison...89
Lucas Digne...87
André Gomes...86
Jordan Pickford...65
Gylfi Sigurðsson...64
Idrissa Gana Gueye...57
Kurt Zouma...39
Michael Keane...34
Bernard Duarte...22
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...21
Ademola Lookman...12
Theo Walcott...10
Tom Davies...10
Jonjoe Kenny...9
Yerry Mina...5
Leighton Baines...3
Jonjoe Kenny...3
Cenk Tosun...1
Mason Holgate...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Leicester (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Brighton (A)...Michael Keane
Burnley (A)...Lucas Digne
Tottenham (H)...Lucas Digne
Manchester City (A)...Ademola Lookman
Watford (H)...Lucas Digne
Newcastle (H)...André Gomes
Liverpool (A)...André Gomes
Cardiff (H)...André Gomes
Chelsea (A)...Jordan Pickford
Brighton (H)...Richarlison
Manchester United (A)...Jordan Pickford
Crystal Palace (H)...Jordan Pickford
Leicester City (A)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Southampton (H-LC)...Bernard Duarte
Fulham (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Arsenal (A)...Richarlison
West Ham (H)...Lucas Digne 
Huddersfield (H)...Kurt Zouma
Rotherham (H)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Bournemouth (A)...Michael Keane
Southampton (H)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Wolves (A)...Richarlison

First game I’ve been to this season.

overall wasn’t impressed with us, too much sloppy side to side play at times and in attack no one ever wanted to shoot.

Baines for me - without as much back tracking to do he was at his attacking best, constantly available and always a threat. Created so many chances in the second half that no one wanted to finish.

Bernard - always lively, quick on his feet and looking to move things forward.  Was in great positions to shoot a few times though and always wanted to offload to someone else.  Like to see him get a shot off more.

Lookman - needs to start more. Love his confidence and desire to take players on or look for a quick tight forward pass.

Gomes - different class to everyone else on the pitch. Makes the game look so easy when he has the ball

not so good

Tosun - doesn’t look up to it. Never seemed to create himself anything when he had the ball in the box and hold up wasn’t great.

Gueye - his pretty amateur ball play is pretty redundant when we have most of the ball. Ends up a hindrance rather than a help.

zouma - looked pretty poor

Baines, Bernard and Zouma the only standouts. I say 'only' there's not enough times there's been enough quality to make it tough to decide this season. Think Baines edges it just over Bernard. Zouma deserves a mention as he was the only one of our players that consistently out fought the big grocs. 

DCL and Sigurdssen had a game to forget both constantly out battled. Gana Gueye showed he's no where near a footballer, literally no where near as the Lincoln players didn't even mark him after realising how shit he is. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Baines, Bernard and Zouma the only standouts. I say 'only' there's not enough times there's been enough quality to make it tough to decide this season. Think Baines edges it just over Bernard. Zouma deserves a mention as he was the only one of our players that consistently out fought the big grocs. 

DCL and Sigurdssen had a game to forget both constantly out battled. Gana Gueye showed he's no where near a footballer, literally no where near as the Lincoln players didn't even mark him after realising how shit he is. 

Just a matter of interest... didn’t they press our weakest areas? Wasn’t that the tactic right through?

And just wandering for a player that goes hiding,,, who had the most touches in the whole entire, full unedited match. I honestly haven’t checked, swear on it. But I do have eyes and I would bet you money on it 😉

Baines. Always a class act.

I thought Lookman did well in spells. Attacking wise he is so dangerous.

Bernard was very lively, not always effective, but always lively.

defence was same as always. Sigurdsson was the same as last few months. Thought DCL and Davies both did better than a half time substitution deserved. 

Cenk came on and did nothing. Gomes was trying, but needs a bigger rest. Gave the ball away so many times.

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just a matter of interest... didn’t they press our weakest areas? Wasn’t that the tactic right through?

And just wandering for a player that goes hiding,,, who had the most touches in the whole entire, full unedited match. I honestly haven’t checked, swear on it. But I do have eyes and I would bet you money on it 😉

Is this the latest in the ongoing saga? Who we talking about now?

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I'm unsure what you mean by the first bit. Our weakness is that we're weak physically (and mentally) so they kicked us off the park? 

If it's Gana that sort of proves my observation that they didn't even bother marking him. Did you notice Mina shout at him to move as wasn't giving a proper option? Today Gana was central to our attacks being broken down, he doesn't make use of space and on the ball always takes the easiest option which more often than not stifles the play, slows the tempo giving the opposition time to get back in to position and making it a lot more difficult for us to find space to create a chance. 

Here's a thought for yer. Schneiderlin and Gomes both played well enough to get big money moves to United/Real, Davies come on the scene and for his brief spell with Barry looked a cut above. All three now aren't excelling, all three have one thing in common. I remember watching Villa the season they went down and thinking their other CM Carlos Sanchez was the worst player in the league. He looked a shambles in midfield getting overran, I didn't notice Gana at the time, but having seen Schneiderlin getting overrun in very similar fashion to the lad at Villa it's obvious what/who the common cause is. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Have a day off FFS

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Have a day off FFS

I'm utterly bored of it myself but today against league two opposition he stuck out like a sore thumb. There was a point in the second half we were outside their area he got the ball and was so shit they never bothered to put a man on him. Ball then fell to him twice in the same area and he still couldn't do anything. It's embarrassing to see such a poor player in an Everton shirt. 

Davies was subbed and Gomes struggled. Both of them should be pissed at Gana as he offers them fuck all help. Mina was visibly annoyed at him for not getting in space as well. 

What would you identify as the reason(s) we have struggled so much the last two seasons? 

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm unsure what you mean by the first bit. Our weakness is that we're weak physically (and mentally) so they kicked us off the park? 

If it's Gana that sort of proves my observation that they didn't even bother marking him. Did you notice Mina shout at him to move as wasn't giving a proper option? Today Gana was central to our attacks being broken down, he doesn't make use of space and on the ball always takes the easiest option which more often than not stifles the play, slows the tempo giving the opposition time to get back in to position and making it a lot more difficult for us to find space to create a chance. 

Here's a thought for yer. Schneiderlin and Gomes both played well enough to get big money moves to United/Real, Davies come on the scene and for his brief spell with Barry looked a cut above. All three now aren't excelling, all three have one thing in common. I remember watching Villa the season they went down and thinking their other CM Carlos Sanchez was the worst player in the league. He looked a shambles in midfield getting overran, I didn't notice Gana at the time, but having seen Schneiderlin getting overrun in very similar fashion to the lad at Villa it's obvious what/who the common cause is. 

....and so the princess and the Senegalese who had won her father's favour were married, begat five healthy Evertonian trophy winners and they all lived happily ever after. Love a happy ending me.

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm utterly bored of it myself but today against league two opposition he stuck out like a sore thumb. There was a point in the second half we were outside their area he got the ball and was so shit they never bothered to put a man on him. Ball then fell to him twice in the same area and he still couldn't do anything. It's embarrassing to see such a poor player in an Everton shirt. 

Davies was subbed and Gomes struggled. Both of them should be pissed at Gana as he offers them fuck all help. Mina was visibly annoyed at him for not getting in space as well. 

What would you identify as the reason(s) we have struggled so much the last two seasons? 

I actually don’t think you’ve got a fucking clue! No offence like. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

:lol:

I went with Bernard but could easily have been Baines. It was like the clock had rolled back down that left hand side and Pienaar was back at Goodison. Bernard's shooting is similar too! 

Zouma was pretty good, Gomes came on and once he warmed up he controlled the game and Gana improved at that point too. Lookman showed real talent in glimpses too but then went AWOL for other parts. 

I thought Mina was poor in the key moments. Silly fouls in dangerous areas and he fell asleep late on. 

Siggy was just nowhere all game. Something just isnt right about his positioning because he doesnt get on the ball enough. 

DCL played one excuisite pass for the goal but the rest of his day was typified by running the ball into touch under no pressure. 

The rest were meh.

50 minutes ago, Btay said:

Baines for me.

bernard and Kenny worth a shout though.

I thought Zouma was poor in my opinion, I know Mina is copping the flack but Zouma climbed all over their sole striker and gave away fouls and for their goal he came into an area Mina had covered leaving the player free back post.

Zouma wasn’t good. Their striker gave him fits and his positioning was pretty poor. Odd that he’s getting shouts on here. For me, only Baines, Lookman and Bernard stood out.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Siggy was just nowhere all game. Something just isnt right about his positioning because he doesnt get on the ball enough. 

He's been awol since that Leicester goal. Also noticed he's using his right foot a lot more, even for set pieces so he might be carrying an injury but if that's the case just play someone else. 

7 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Zouma wasn’t good. Their striker gave him fits and his positioning was pretty poor. Odd that he’s getting shouts on here. For me, only Baines, Lookman and Bernard stood out.

Agree.

i do like Zouma though - feel he just switches off at crucial times.