IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday January 13th

markjazzbassist

They just got knocked out of the FA cup to brighton, we thankfully won our match.  Hopefully we can use that momentum to win this one.  It's going to be wide open end to end stuff with us and them but i think we have better quality.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Gomes

Lookman   Gylfi  Richarlison

DCL

If there was a game made for Bernard to play more centrally then I think this is it. Bournemouth are a bit soft, they arent particularly big in midfield and I am not convinced about Siggys role in the team. 

--------------------- Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Zouma - Digne

----------------------Gueye

------------Bernard ---- Gomes

Walcott --------Tosun --------- Richarlison

This is going to be a tough one, and I don't see us getting all three points. If I were Silva I would rest a player or two; it may be a risk for the game but I think it would be beneficial for the rest of the season.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Davies

Walcott   Bernard  Richarlison

Tosun

On 06/01/2019 at 10:46, Heath said:

This is going to be a tough one, and I don't see us getting all three points. If I were Silva I would rest a player or two; it may be a risk for the game but I think it would be beneficial for the rest of the season.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Davies

Walcott   Bernard  Richarlison

Tosun

They’ll have had 8 days off now. Don’t think that a rest is beneficial for anyone.

4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

They’ll have had 8 days off now. Don’t think that a rest is beneficial for anyone.

Yeah, plus Keane, Coleman and Walcott had a rest, Richalison played 10 minutes and Gomes only played one half. 

I want to see the team sheet become more consistent this month. The more I watch of this team the more I realise that the only way we are going to get goals from a centre forward is if Charly plays upfront. DCL dosn't score the goals and doesnt hold up the ball well enough. I actually think he looked better last season. Tosun doesn't fancy taking his chance either. 

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Lookman      Siggy     Bernard

Richarlison 

Give Lookman a run of starts and see what he can prove. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I want Richarlison on the wing. Play to players strengths, don’t force in form players out of position just because they’re playing well. DCL upfront for me.

He's played well enough when it comes down to scoring goals as a centre forward. DCL just seems to break down every attack (similar to Richy to be honest), although Richy actually puts the ball in the net. 

9 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's played well enough when it comes down to scoring goals as a centre forward. DCL just seems to break down every attack (similar to Richy to be honest), although Richy actually puts the ball in the net. 

That's the important bit! DCL is not up to the job.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

He does, from running on to the ball from the wing. 

The season is a mid table write-off most likely, though it’s still too early to tell, so I’d rather try and develop the likes of Lookman and DCL whilst keeping inform players in the position they’re performing best in. 

Pickford

kenny.         Keane.     Zouma.      Digne

Gana 

Gomes.     Gilfi.       Baines

Bernard

Charley 

Or 

lookman.     Gana.    Gomes.     Bernard

Charley. DCL 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He does, from running on to the ball from the wing. 

The season is a mid table write-off most likely, though it’s still too early to tell, so I’d rather try and develop the likes of Lookman and DCL whilst keeping inform players in the position they’re performing best in. 

Not strictly true he's been a bit of a fox in the box for a few of his goals. Headers too.

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Bernard     Siggy     Richarlison 

DCL

Lookman to come on as an impact sub, he drifts out for long periods when he starts and doesn't stay wide enough, and Kenny puts a better ball in to the box compared to Coleman.

18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Bernard     Siggy     Richarlison 

DCL

Lookman to come on as an impact sub, he drifts out for long periods when he starts and doesn't stay wide enough, and Kenny puts a better ball in to the box compared to Coleman.

That line up for me as well.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

Gomes

Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

It’s a nice thought and we’d score goals, problem is so would the opposition (lots)!

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

Gomes

Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

Swap Gomes for Gueye and I would be fine with that for this game. Gomes for all his qualities doesnt react like a defensive minded player and I actually much prefer Gueye as a sole DM. I think that is where he excels.