Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday January 13th

Recommended Posts

They just got knocked out of the FA cup to brighton, we thankfully won our match.  Hopefully we can use that momentum to win this one.  It's going to be wide open end to end stuff with us and them but i think we have better quality.

 

                           Pickford

            Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

                        Gana Gomes

           Lookman   Gylfi  Richarlison

                              DCL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was a game made for Bernard to play more centrally then I think this is it. Bournemouth are a bit soft, they arent particularly big in midfield and I am not convinced about Siggys role in the team. 

--------------------- Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Zouma - Digne

----------------------Gueye

------------Bernard ---- Gomes

Walcott --------Tosun --------- Richarlison

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt said:

Need to be a lot more ruthless and not drop off the pressure when we go ahead this time....

It’s like watching 2 teams at times. 

Theres obviously a lot of self doubt at the moment and we need to eradicate it as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is going to be a tough one, and I don't see us getting all three points. If I were Silva I would rest a player or two; it may be a risk for the game but I think it would be beneficial for the rest of the season.

 

                           Pickford

            Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

                        Gana Davies

           Walcott   Bernard  Richarlison

                             Tosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 10:46, Heath said:

 

This is going to be a tough one, and I don't see us getting all three points. If I were Silva I would rest a player or two; it may be a risk for the game but I think it would be beneficial for the rest of the season.

 

                           Pickford

            Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

                        Gana Davies

           Walcott   Bernard  Richarlison

                             Tosun

They’ll have had 8 days off now. Don’t think that a rest is beneficial for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

They’ll have had 8 days off now. Don’t think that a rest is beneficial for anyone.

Yeah, plus Keane, Coleman and Walcott had a rest, Richalison played 10 minutes and Gomes only played one half. 

 

I want to see the team sheet become more consistent this month. The more I watch of this team the more I realise that the only way we are going to get goals from a centre forward is if Charly plays upfront. DCL dosn't score the goals and doesnt hold up the ball well enough. I actually think he looked better last season. Tosun doesn't fancy taking his chance either. 

 

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Lookman      Siggy     Bernard

 Richarlison 

Give Lookman a run of starts and see what he can prove. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I want Richarlison on the wing. Play to players strengths, don’t force in form players out of position just because they’re playing well. DCL upfront for me.

He's played well enough when it comes down to scoring goals as a centre forward. DCL just seems to break down every attack (similar to Richy to be honest), although Richy actually puts the ball in the net. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's played well enough when it comes down to scoring goals as a centre forward. DCL just seems to break down every attack (similar to Richy to be honest), although Richy actually puts the ball in the net. 

That's the important bit! DCL is not up to the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aidan said:

He's played well enough when it comes down to scoring goals as a centre forward. DCL just seems to break down every attack (similar to Richy to be honest), although Richy actually puts the ball in the net. 

He does, from running on to the ball from the wing. 

The season is a mid table write-off most likely, though it’s still too early to tell, so I’d rather try and develop the likes of Lookman and DCL whilst keeping inform players in the position they’re performing best in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                        Pickford

kenny.         Keane.     Zouma.      Digne

                          Gana 

        Gomes.     Gilfi.       Baines

                       Bernard

                        Charley 

                          Or 

lookman.     Gana.    Gomes.     Bernard

                  Charley. DCL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

He does, from running on to the ball from the wing. 

The season is a mid table write-off most likely, though it’s still too early to tell, so I’d rather try and develop the likes of Lookman and DCL whilst keeping inform players in the position they’re performing best in. 

Not strictly true he's been a bit of a fox in the box for a few of his goals. Headers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt said:

I want Richarlison on the wing. Play to players strengths, don’t force in form players out of position just because they’re playing well. DCL upfront for me.

Would you drop Bernard then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Would you drop Bernard then?

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

 

                          Gomes

                   Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

 Gana   Gomes

 Bernard     Siggy     Richarlison 

 DCL

 

Lookman to come on as an impact sub, he drifts out for long periods when he starts and doesn't stay wide enough, and Kenny puts a better ball in to the box compared to Coleman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

 Gana   Gomes

 Bernard     Siggy     Richarlison 

 DCL

 

Lookman to come on as an impact sub, he drifts out for long periods when he starts and doesn't stay wide enough, and Kenny puts a better ball in to the box compared to Coleman.

That line up for me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Would you drop Bernard then?

 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

 

                          Gomes

                   Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Not strictly true he's been a bit of a fox in the box for a few of his goals. Headers too.

He can do that from running into the box too though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

 

                          Gomes

                   Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

It’s a nice thought and we’d score goals, problem is so would the opposition (lots)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Deacs said:

It’s a nice thought and we’d score goals, problem is so would the opposition (lots)!

its bournemouth they will anyways that's their playing style attack and press.  beat them at their own game.  i don't want to be home and sat back against bournemouth, that's weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

 

                          Gomes

                   Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

Swap Gomes for Gueye and I would be fine with that for this game. Gomes for all his qualities doesnt react like a defensive minded player and I actually much prefer Gueye as a sole DM. I think that is where he excels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good point bailey.  it does make you wonder what the thought was on the bernard and richarlison buys, they play the same position, unless they really do see richie as a CF or see bernard as the AM.  i get the you can't have enough good talent on the bench argument, but we have so many holes in the 11 you'd think they'd spend that elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point bailey.  it does make you wonder what the thought was on the bernard and richarlison buys, they play the same position, unless they really do see richie as a CF or see bernard as the AM.  i get the you can't have enough good talent on the bench argument, but we have so many holes in the 11 you'd think they'd spend that elsewhere.

I think richy wants to play in the left. I also think Silva knows that and purchased him to play on the left as he is better there.

The only logic I can see is if Siggy plays a deeper role and Bernard plays behind the striker where I believe will be his best position. However, is Bernard going to get 12-15 goals a season behind the striker like Siggy is? Those goals for us are valuable.

All in all, it's a confusing one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I think richy wants to play in the left. I also think Silva knows that and purchased him to play on the left as he is better there.

The only logic I can see is if Siggy plays a deeper role and Bernard plays behind the striker where I believe will be his best position. However, is Bernard going to get 12-15 goals a season behind the striker like Siggy is? Those goals for us are valuable.

All in all, it's a confusing one 

It is, especially when you look at Sigs performances when he has played deeper. He’s no where near as effective there.

Also agree with you in thinking Bernard’s best position will be in behind the striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deacs said:

It is, especially when you look at Sigs performances when he has played deeper. He’s no where near as effective there.

Also agree with you in thinking Bernard’s best position will be in behind the striker.

Maybe Silva does want to play a 4-3-3 with one holding midfielder and Siggy and Bernard in an advanced role, but Gomes isn'tt nearly good enough defensively to hold that position on his own, especially with Full backs bombing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point bailey.  it does make you wonder what the thought was on the bernard and richarlison buys, they play the same position, unless they really do see richie as a CF or see bernard as the AM.  i get the you can't have enough good talent on the bench argument, but we have so many holes in the 11 you'd think they'd spend that elsewhere.

 

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

I think richy wants to play in the left. I also think Silva knows that and purchased him to play on the left as he is better there.

The only logic I can see is if Siggy plays a deeper role and Bernard plays behind the striker where I believe will be his best position. However, is Bernard going to get 12-15 goals a season behind the striker like Siggy is? Those goals for us are valuable.

All in all, it's a confusing one 

Like you have both said later, maybe the thought is that Bernard will eventually play deeper.

It has a little bit of a ring about the Siggy/Rooney/Klaassen buys albeit at least these two are quick, tricky and actually half decent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2019 at 06:05, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

 

                          Gomes

                   Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

This should be at a minimum against any bottom 10 team at home for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

 

Like you have both said later, maybe the thought is that Bernard will eventually play deeper.

It has a little bit of a ring about the Siggy/Rooney/Klaassen buys albeit at least these two are quick, tricky and actually half decent!

I just can't see Bernard in a deeper role I really can't. 

Like mark said though, why would you buy for a strong bench with massive holes in the squad. Maybe you're right.

 

Just done some digging this is what Marco said when we signed Bernard 

Bernard is a quick player, very good technically and he can play on the left or right wings and as an offensive midfield player behind the striker

Doesn't sound like he planned on playing him deeper when he signed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I just can't see Bernard in a deeper role I really can't. 

Like mark said though, why would you buy for a strong bench with massive holes in the squad. Maybe you're right.

 

Just done some digging this is what Marco said when we signed Bernard 

Bernard is a quick player, very good technically and he can play on the left or right wings and as an offensive midfield player behind the striker

Doesn't sound like he planned on playing him deeper when he signed him.

No doesnt sound like it does it. Maybe Bernard will eventually play on the right? 

If I remember rightly the Bernard deal swung in our favour quite late so maybe it was just too good to pass up? Would you say no to a player like Bernard with no transfer fee? Im glad we didnt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

No doesnt sound like it does it. Maybe Bernard will eventually play on the right? 

If I remember rightly the Bernard deal swung in our favour quite late so maybe it was just too good to pass up? Would you say no to a player like Bernard with no transfer fee? Im glad we didnt!

That's what I'm starting to fear mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Oh c'mon. Given past results how can you class them as a bottom team?

Not regarding Bournemouth persay, but the likes of Brighton, Cardif and Southhampton so forth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we see McCarthy in this one I think we need to look at the midfield as the main reason for our poor form, Silva's played around with the defence upfront and the wingers to no avail time to shuffle the midfield..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

A win should catapult us to 7th. Really hoping we can get our shit together and give a Burnley-esque display.

Only if they change the rules overnight and decide to award five points for a win:huh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Only if they change the rules overnight and decide to award five points for a win:huh:.

Whoops read the Wolves line and was thinking we were on 29 points. We haven’t been very good, have we? Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Redacted. Really hoping we can get our shit together and give a Burnley-esque display.

 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Only if they change the rules overnight and decide to award five points for a win:huh:.

There, fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...