IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday January 13th

markjazzbassist

good point bailey.  it does make you wonder what the thought was on the bernard and richarlison buys, they play the same position, unless they really do see richie as a CF or see bernard as the AM.  i get the you can't have enough good talent on the bench argument, but we have so many holes in the 11 you'd think they'd spend that elsewhere.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point bailey.  it does make you wonder what the thought was on the bernard and richarlison buys, they play the same position, unless they really do see richie as a CF or see bernard as the AM.  i get the you can't have enough good talent on the bench argument, but we have so many holes in the 11 you'd think they'd spend that elsewhere.

I think richy wants to play in the left. I also think Silva knows that and purchased him to play on the left as he is better there.

The only logic I can see is if Siggy plays a deeper role and Bernard plays behind the striker where I believe will be his best position. However, is Bernard going to get 12-15 goals a season behind the striker like Siggy is? Those goals for us are valuable.

All in all, it's a confusing one 

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I think richy wants to play in the left. I also think Silva knows that and purchased him to play on the left as he is better there.

The only logic I can see is if Siggy plays a deeper role and Bernard plays behind the striker where I believe will be his best position. However, is Bernard going to get 12-15 goals a season behind the striker like Siggy is? Those goals for us are valuable.

It is, especially when you look at Sigs performances when he has played deeper. He’s no where near as effective there.

Also agree with you in thinking Bernard’s best position will be in behind the striker.

3 hours ago, Deacs said:

It is, especially when you look at Sigs performances when he has played deeper. He’s no where near as effective there.

Also agree with you in thinking Bernard’s best position will be in behind the striker.

Maybe Silva does want to play a 4-3-3 with one holding midfielder and Siggy and Bernard in an advanced role, but Gomes isn'tt nearly good enough defensively to hold that position on his own, especially with Full backs bombing up.

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Like you have both said later, maybe the thought is that Bernard will eventually play deeper.

It has a little bit of a ring about the Siggy/Rooney/Klaassen buys albeit at least these two are quick, tricky and actually half decent!

On 09/01/2019 at 06:05, markjazzbassist said:

you could go one cm and have the barca midfield

Gomes

Gylfi       Bernard

Lookman           DCL        Richarlison

This should be at a minimum against any bottom 10 team at home for me.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Like you have both said later, maybe the thought is that Bernard will eventually play deeper.

It has a little bit of a ring about the Siggy/Rooney/Klaassen buys albeit at least these two are quick, tricky and actually half decent!

I just can't see Bernard in a deeper role I really can't. 

Like mark said though, why would you buy for a strong bench with massive holes in the squad. Maybe you're right.

Just done some digging this is what Marco said when we signed Bernard 

Bernard is a quick player, very good technically and he can play on the left or right wings and as an offensive midfield player behind the striker

Doesn't sound like he planned on playing him deeper when he signed him.

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I just can't see Bernard in a deeper role I really can't. 

Like mark said though, why would you buy for a strong bench with massive holes in the squad. Maybe you're right.

Just done some digging this is what Marco said when we signed Bernard 

Bernard is a quick player, very good technically and he can play on the left or right wings and as an offensive midfield player behind the striker

Doesn't sound like he planned on playing him deeper when he signed him.

No doesnt sound like it does it. Maybe Bernard will eventually play on the right? 

If I remember rightly the Bernard deal swung in our favour quite late so maybe it was just too good to pass up? Would you say no to a player like Bernard with no transfer fee? Im glad we didnt!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

No doesnt sound like it does it. Maybe Bernard will eventually play on the right? 

If I remember rightly the Bernard deal swung in our favour quite late so maybe it was just too good to pass up? Would you say no to a player like Bernard with no transfer fee? Im glad we didnt!

That's what I'm starting to fear mate!