IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday January 19th

markjazzbassist

Let’s keep the positive results coming.  Keep lookman in the lineup and have a go Away from home.  Should be 3 points 

Pickford

Coleman keane zouma digne

Gana gomes 

lookman      Gylfi        Bernard

Richarlison 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

They may be struggling but they've been scoring. I think it'll be a question of out-scoring them so I'd go with

Pickford

Kenny keane zouma digne

Gana  

lookman      Gylfi   Bernard      Richarlison

DCL

Came here to post that lineup.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

They may be struggling but they've been scoring. I think it'll be a question of out-scoring them so I'd go with

Pickford

Kenny keane zouma digne

Gana  

lookman      Gylfi   Bernard      Richarlison

DCL

Why would you drop Gomes? He was class at the weekend.

Personally I would start the same 11 with the only possible change being Coleman/Kenny.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Personally I would start the same 11 with the only possible change being Coleman/Kenny.

I'd agree with your selection but while Gomes was good he could easily have cost us two points by conceding a needless penalty (which he would've done had the ref seen it) and being very fortunate to avoid a red.

Wouldn't drop him because he's too good for that but needs to take the risk out of his game.

Same XI as Bournemouth.

Too often guilty of hyperbole and this is impossible to prove but I really feel this game can define our season - or at least January and February. Win at Southampton and the sustained momentum carries over to Millwall which carries over to the now manager-less Huddersfield. Then you're in or close to 7th with Wolves, Watford and an FA 5th round tie before Man City visits. We could be rolling.

I always come back to this - it's the hope that kills you...

17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I’m a big fan of his but he was completely off his game at the weekend and should’ve been sent off. He had moments of class but wasn’t even in the top 5-6 for MOTM consideration. 

Plus, if I’m going to play one DCM then Ganas defensive attributes come first. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I'd agree with your selection but while Gomes was good he could easily have cost us two points by conceding a needless penalty (which he would've done had the ref seen it) and being very fortunate to avoid a red.

Wouldn't drop him because he's too good for that but needs to take the risk out of his game.

Yeh I agree he was a bit petulant but none of the challenges were actually that bad. He was booked for nothing, and there wasnt much in the grab but on another day it could have been a penalty and a sending off so I understand your point.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I’m a big fan of his but he was completely off his game at the weekend and should’ve been sent off. He had moments of class but wasn’t even in the top 5-6 for MOTM consideration. 

Plus, if I’m going to play one DCM then Ganas defensive attributes come first. 

I thought he was massive for us at the weekend. He was the one that eventually got hold of the game after that half hour and set us forward. Anyone else and we would have probably lost the game.

I dont disagree with the reasoning behind the last bit .

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I've not seen anything of them under the new manager. Does anyone know if they are any good now? Results are so so.

Yes he has completely turned their season around and now they look organised and dangerous going forward, we are going to have one tough game against them and if we can't get the midfield working in unison then there's a real possibility we will lose this one.