IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday January 19th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

Did you miss the Burnley match? I thought that was pretty enjoyable.

no but I didn't enjoy it until it was over with.  I want to relax into a game ( like getting into a hot bath.) I want to enjoy a match from start to finish for once.  as I said a few minutes ago  I want to enjoy football again.

45 minutes ago, rubecula said:

no but I didn't enjoy it until it was over with.  I want to relax into a game ( like getting into a hot bath.) I want to enjoy a match from start to finish for once.  as I said a few minutes ago  I want to enjoy football again.

Fighting to keep that image out of my brain.

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

We opened the scoring in the first 2 minutes, doubled the lead within the first 15 minutes and were 3-0 up before 25 minutes were gone. If you can’t relax into that game then you never will. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We opened the scoring in the first 2 minutes, doubled the lead within the first 15 minutes and were 3-0 up before 25 minutes were gone. If you can’t relax into that game then you never will. 

I want to relax before the ball is even moving  ,  but I understand what you are saying  oddly I remember relaxing before the rapid game on Rotterdam 

I think it may be down to confidence

23 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I want to relax before the ball is even moving  ,  but I understand what you are saying  oddly I remember relaxing before the rapid game on Rotterdam 

I think it may be down to confidence

Said it before but back in those days I was totally relaxed if we conceded first, just thought, "OK you'll pay for that" and more often than no "they" did.

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We have to be careful not to give too many free kicks away, ward-prowse has real quality in his delivery. Same team as last week for me to start. Is ings playing tommorow? I still think we will win this. 0-2 Keane and Charley 

Yeah they're fragile after that defeat and have quite a few players missing. Expecting a win.

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We have to be careful not to give too many free kicks away, ward-prowse has real quality in his delivery. Same team as last week for me to start. Is ings playing tommorow? I still think we will win this. 0-2 Keane and Charley 

apparently Ings is playing.

Pickford

Coleman     Keane      Zouma     Digne

Gueye 

Gomes            Bernard 

Lookman                                 Richarlison

DCL

I was tempted to go with Kenny but Coleman is quicker and more experienced and Redmond might have a field day with Kenny 

Give Sigurdsson a break although his stats haven't been bad he hasn't  looked as effective of late and Gomes Bernard both put the yards in and I'd like to see what Bernard can do drifting forward centrally

DCL deserves a start he's had a great week so his confidence should be sky high 

17 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Pickford

Coleman     Keane      Zouma     Digne

Gueye 

Gomes            Bernard 

Lookman                                 Richarlison

DCL

I was tempted to go with Kenny but Coleman is quicker and more experienced and Redmond might have a field day with Kenny 

Give Sigurdsson a break although his stats haven't been bad he hasn't  looked as effective of late and Gomes Bernard both put the yards in and I'd like to see what Bernard can do drifting forward centrally

DCL deserves a start he's had a great week so his confidence should be sky high 

I would be happy with that line up. I think Bernard could be a real influence on the game from the middle.

Hm. I don't like this line-up much. Only thing I like is Bernard and Lookman playing in those positions. DCL should definitely be in and really... Baines deserves to play after his excellent play against Lincoln. Granted, it was not against a Premier League team, but still.

Gana and Gomes. Well, if Gana hold his position and doesn't run all over the bloody place playing too many pointless passings then I'm sure Gomes might get a good game.

Tough one to call because stability is not something the team possesses at this point. And Richarlison... stay on your damn feet, man.

Well. Hopefully it will be a good game to watch and 3 points to us.

2 minutes ago, Sev said:

Hm. I don't like this line-up much. Only thing I like is Bernard and Lookman playing in those positions. DCL should definitely be in and really... Baines deserves to play after his excellent play against Lincoln. Granted, it was not against a Premier League team, but still.

Gana and Gomes. Well, if Gana hold his position and doesn't run all over the bloody place playing too many pointless passings then I'm sure Gomes might get a good game.

Tough one to call because stability is not something the team possesses at this point. And Richarlison... stay on your damn feet, man.

Well. Hopefully it will be a good game to watch and 3 points to us.

You want to bench Digne, who has arguably been our best player all season, for Baines, who happened to play well against a League Two side? 

Go on....