IGNORED

Milwall (FA Cup Away) Saturday January 26th

markjazzbassist

Full strength lineup for me, get at it from the first minute and hope the cup is where our fortune is this campaign (cause it ain’t in the league).  No rotation needed and no 2 holding mids needed, we can throw on another defender when we are up 3-0, we need to score goals and lots of em

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digbe

Gana

Bernard   Gylfi

lookman          DCL          Richarlison

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Mina Digne

Gana Baines 

Bernard   Siggy   Lookman 

DCL

That's the dross dropped from our recent bad form. Keep them out of the side for a couple of games to hopefully give them a kick up the arse.

I'm out of any other ideas.

After the shit we saw today I'm not sure our "full strength line-up" amounts to much more than our 2nd team. But anyway, drop Richie and Gomes, they both need a spell away from the 1st team. Put Baines in, he gets the importance of the competition. Now that Unted are playing well again, the best in the league we can hope for is 7th, which may as well be 17th for all the good it does. So this season's priorities are now the FA Cup and finding a shape and team that plays well. If we lose next Saturday, the season's a write-off.   

Pickford. 

Coleman.     Keane.    Zouma.        Digne

Lookman.    Bernard.  Gomes.      Gylfi. 

DCL.        Tosun. 

Don’t go there to defend take the game to them and try a 442 with more attacking minded players, after all we’re not going City they play a long ball game so when there in possession our midfield will get by passed anyway, and it will be Keane and Zouma dealing with the incoming. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Full strength lineup for me, get at it from the first minute and hope the cup is where our fortune is this campaign (cause it ain’t in the league).  No rotation needed and no 2 holding mids needed, we can throw on another defender when we are up 3-0, we need to score goals and lots of em

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digbe

Gana

Bernard   Gylfi

lookman          DCL          Richarlison

No issue with this at all. Baines proved he can come in and still do a job so he gets minutes for me. 

If we piss this cup away with a weak team selection I’ll be ropable. There’s every chance if we get through we could get a very favourable draw with another game featuring the big boys. I use to say you want to beat the best to win the cup to make it worthwhile but we need something to get us going and get some sort of mentality as a winning team.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

No issue with this at all. Baines proved he can come in and still do a job so he gets minutes for me. 

If we piss this cup away with a weak team selection I’ll be ropable. There’s every chance if we get through we could get a very favourable draw with another game featuring the big boys. I use to say you want to beat the best to win the cup to make it worthwhile but we need something to get us going and get some sort of mentality as a winning team.

Silva may be flawed but there’s no chance in hell he’s putting out a weakened side for this one. He’s not stupid.

I want us to start finding a formula that will move us forward. In defence it should look like this.

----------------- Pickford

Kenny - Keane - Zouma - Baines

-------------------- Gana

Lookman - Davies - Gomes - Richarlison

--------------------- Tosun

Then in attack more like:

-------------- Pickford

-----------Keane -- Zouma

----Kenny ---- Gana ----- Baines

-------------Davies-- Gomes

Lookman------------------------Richarlison

-------------------Tosun

One of the full backs can actually push on when the situation arises rather than as a matter of course.

Davies and Gomes to also take turns getting into the box when the situation arises. Against a team of this level one of them should be Siggy/Bernard but I dont think that will work against the better sides in our league.

The winger stay wide and get chalk on their boots

Tosun in the side because his movement and link up play are smarter and I expect to be in posession and dominate the midfield.

millwall will smell blood and if we haven’t got the right mindset we will go under. If jags is fit I’d play him. He talks and can still do a job 

Pickford

coleman      Jags.   Keane     Digne 

Gana

lookman     Bernie  Gilfi    Charly

Dcl

give Gomes a break and play five in midfield. Make us solid for the first half 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

Championship is a physical league, if we're not up for a fight in front of a packed New Den we will get rolled simple as that. This is a game where the characters in the team have to stand up. I'm just not sure who they are. 

Yeah, I'm genuinley worried about this game for that reason mate.

If Silva loses this one, he will be under a lot more pressure.