IGNORED

Huddersfield (Away) Tuesday 29th January

MikeO

40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Huddersfield literally have no-one. Mooy is class but I think he is injured, but everyone else is terrible. They do work hard though and they will have a go and that is normally enough for us to brick it and lose.

Billing and Mounie are decent players, the latter could do a job for us. Agree the rest aren't up to scratch though. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Billing and Mounie are decent players, the latter could do a job for us. Agree the rest aren't up to scratch though. 

I disagree. I have no idea what people see in Billing. Mounie doesn't even play regularly. 

They are a side built on hard work, and to be fair to them they roll up their sleeves every week. If our players had the same level of graft we wouldnt be in the bottom half of the table.

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I disagree. I have no idea what people see in Billing. Mounie doesn't even play regularly. 

They are a side built on hard work, and to be fair to them they roll up their sleeves every week. If our players had the same level of graft we wouldnt be in the bottom half of the table.

His old manager gave him a good report. 

"I cannot name you one 22-year-old player who is comparable with him. He is 6' 6", left-footed, with an unbelievable shot; quick vision; technique; long throw-in; endurance and now, fighting spirit as well."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11740/11567085/david-wagner-says-huddersfield-town-midfielder-philip-billing-is-incomparable-for-his-age

Mounie is their main striker, only missed 4 games (3 of those were through suspension). He's been subbed on/off a fair bit though. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Any team fighting for survival is a dangerous team and they will definitely be looking at us as a game they can win to turn their season round.

add the "new manager" factor into the mix too. 

It's easy to unsettle us - push us. If they do that from the get go, we'll panic and crumble. By no means an easy game, even if it should be.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

add the "new manager" factor into the mix too. 

It's easy to unsettle us - push us. If they do that from the get go, we'll panic and crumble. By no means an easy game, even if it should be.

Very true forgot about the manager angle, the more you read into it the harder it looks I will be changing my match prediction soon  if the negatives keep outweighing positives 🙇‍♂️

21 hours ago, pete0 said:

His old manager gave him a good report. 

"I cannot name you one 22-year-old player who is comparable with him. He is 6' 6", left-footed, with an unbelievable shot; quick vision; technique; long throw-in; endurance and now, fighting spirit as well."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11740/11567085/david-wagner-says-huddersfield-town-midfielder-philip-billing-is-incomparable-for-his-age

Mounie is their main striker, only missed 4 games (3 of those were through suspension). He's been subbed on/off a fair bit though. 

I don't watch Huddersfield every week, but I have not seen any of those qualities in Billing (apart from the height and footedness obviously). His 5 career goals dont suggest that he has an "unbelievable shot" although he did score a screamer against Cardiff.

If he thinks he is that good, its probably a reason behind why they are so crap.

Whenever I think of him, I think of his part in this which is quite frankly the most pathetic attempt to defend that I have seen at this level.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't watch Huddersfield every week, but I have not seen any of those qualities in Billing (apart from the height and footedness obviously). His 5 career goals dont suggest that he has an "unbelievable shot" although he did score a screamer against Cardiff.

If he thinks he is that good, its probably a reason behind why they are so crap.

Whenever I think of him, I think of his part in this which is quite frankly the most pathetic attempt to defend that I have seen at this level.

That's poor all round but tbf to him he's blocking the space and doesn't expect to have to make a tackle. 

He looked very bright against us last season, I remember thinking in glad he never started. 

Showed our frailties against Millwall another team we should have beaten but didnt, so they will be getting corners and free kicks into our area as often as they can.

These have only won two games all season and have the lowest total of goals in the league, so you know what's going to happen don't you...... 1 - 0 to them.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Lookman Siggy Gana Bernard

Tosun Richarlison

Back to basics.

They have lost all of their last 11 games bar a draw against Cardiff. So expect to lose!

You say back to basics but I look at that and its 5 attacking players plus Digne and Coleman (because they dont sit back) leaving 3 defenders and the keeper!

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Showed our frailties against Millwall another team we should have beaten but didnt, so they will be getting corners and free kicks into our area as often as they can.

These have only won two games all season and have the lowest total of goals in the league, so you know what's going to happen don't you...... 1 - 0 to them.

No excuses this time round they know what's going to becoming their way so let's hope they put the effort in on the training ground to deal with it.

At the point were I'd rather see certain players not play than actually say who I want as frankly anyone in reserve will be an improvement on Gana and Sigurdssen. They simply do not fit. Whoever you picked instead of them could do no worse so we might as well give someone else an opportunity. 

Hope our next manager gives Holgate, Besic, and Vlasic a go as I'd play all three of them for their mentality alone over Keane, Gana, and Sigurdssen. 

21 hours ago, pete0 said:

At the point were I'd rather see certain players not play than actually say who I want as frankly anyone in reserve will be an improvement on Gana and Sigurdssen. They simply do not fit. Whoever you picked instead of them could do no worse so we might as well give someone else an opportunity. 

Hope our next manager gives Holgate, Besic, and Vlasic a go as I'd play all three of them for their mentality alone over Keane, Gana, and Sigurdssen. 

Couldn't agree more. Right now i'd play......

Pickford (only through lack of options)

Coleman Jagielka Zouma Digne

Lookman Beni Bernard Richarlison

DCL Tosun

If that Didn't work i'd take off either striker and play baines in midfield with Beni.