IGNORED

Huddersfield (Away) Tuesday 29th January

MikeO

22 minutes ago, Vranny said:

Could be time to drop one of Sigurdsson or Gomes and play Bernard behind the striker. I don’t really know what else to do with the team tbh. 

Unless Sigurdssen scores you struggle to notice him most games. Shocking he's been given a chance every week. 

Looking at the stats even when he scores he doesn't effect the result enough. Most of them are token. He's scored winners against Cardiff and most memorably Leicester but his other 7 haven't swayed the result. Of his three assist only one changed a defeat to a draw. If he was doing more for the team over the 90 I'd not highlight the lack of impact his goals make but considering he's invisible for most games and the justification is he pops up with a belter, it's damning that he offers even less than I thought. What's the point in playing him for a consolations goal. 

It's time to give someone a chance to help the team. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Unless Sigurdssen scores you struggle to notice him most games. Shocking he's been given a chance every week. 

Looking at the stats even when he scores he doesn't effect the result enough. Most of them are token. He's scored winners against Cardiff and most memorably Leicester but his other 7 haven't swayed the result. Of his three assist only one changed a defeat to a draw. If he was doing more for the team over the 90 I'd not highlight the lack of impact his goals make but considering he's invisible for most games and the justification is he pops up with a belter, it's damning that he offers even less than I thought. What's the point in playing him for a consolations goal. 

I don’t know if it’s a tactical decision or a failing of Sigurdsson himself, but he absolutely has to get himself more involved in games. At least when he gets played as one of the holding mids he actually presents for the ball regularly, but then his defending in that position isn’t up to standard (although the same goes for Gomes unfortunately). 

15 minutes ago, Vranny said:

I don’t know if it’s a tactical decision or a failing of Sigurdsson himself, but he absolutely has to get himself more involved in games. At least when he gets played as one of the holding mids he actually presents for the ball regularly, but then his defending in that position isn’t up to standard (although the same goes for Gomes unfortunately). 

For me it's the tactics. Sigurdssen's biggest weaknesses are his pace and that's he's reactive rather than proactive, these two downfalls are why he's the last player you'd pick to press high up the pitch. Then when we're on the ball he's not fast enough or reactive enough to get into the pockets (but even if he does its rare our midfield find him). Very frustrating to watch, and more frustrating that the club are paying Silva £6m a year and he's trying to enforce a system rather than do the best you an with the players you've got. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

For me it's the tactics. Sigurdssen's biggest weaknesses are his pace and that's he's reactive rather than proactive, these two downfalls are why he's the last player you'd pick to press high up the pitch. Then when we're on the ball he's not fast enough or reactive enough to get into the pockets (but even if he does its rare our midfield find him). Very frustrating to watch, and more frustrating that the club are paying Silva £6m a year and he's trying to enforce a system rather than do the best you an with the players you've got. 

Completely disagree with you on that last part. The manager has to be enforcing his system at all times and choose the best players available to implement that system. None of this wishy washy shit where we change our overall shape/style based on the opponent. Nuances sure home/away, top 6/not but the system needs to remain the same. That's the mentality all of the top 6 clubs have. 

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Siggy

Lookman Bernard Richarlison

Tosun

Leave just Gana as a sitter. Subs: DCL and Gomes if we need goals for whoever is performing poorly from midfield.

If ahead by two goals, drop Siggy for Mina and bring on DCL for Richarlison or Bernard to hold up play and protect the lead.

52 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Completely disagree with you on that last part. The manager has to be enforcing his system at all times and choose the best players available to implement that system. None of this wishy washy shit where we change our overall shape/style based on the opponent. Nuances sure home/away, top 6/not but the system needs to remain the same. That's the mentality all of the top 6 clubs have. 

Given the players we have he needs to either change the system or pick different players. My point is Sigurdssen doesn't suit this system so he needs dropping (or the system needs to change to suit the players we have). 

We're vulnarable. Huddersfield will fight a lot and wait for the mistakes we will make. Usually this would be 3 points for us, but who can tell in these hard times for our beloved club.

If mistakes can be kept to a minimum and the players work AS a team and if Silva tries not to make the team play like a mini Barca, then I think we can get those 3 points.

By the way. Am I the only one who wants Baines to play in these difficult times?

9 minutes ago, Sev said:

We're vulnarable. Huddersfield will fight a lot and wait for the mistakes we will make. Usually this would be 3 points for us, but who can tell in these hard times for our beloved club.

If mistakes can be kept to a minimum and the players work AS a team and if Silva tries not to make the team play like a mini Barca, then I think we can get those 3 points.

By the way. Am I the only one who wants Baines to play in these difficult times?

Considering Digne has been one of our most consistent players I would say that you are.

Ah right. They have Mathias Jørgensen in their defence. Countryman of mine. Just have one of ours putting a pressure on him whenever he has the ball or looks to get the ball. He gets shaky quite easily and sometimes make huge errors when under pressure.

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Those stats are misleading though. The bottom line with Siggurdsson is that if you get him involved in the game he will make things happen. That is undeniable. The problem is that he doesnt get involved in the game enough and therefore you have to weigh up whether getting someone else on the ball more will lead to more chances and a better team performance. I am of the opinion that it is worth a go.

53 minutes ago, Sev said:

I would play Baines if I thought he would be able to sustain a performance over 90 minutes. 

Baines is a better defender technically and tactically, he is a better passer and at least as good of a crosser but he empties as the 2nd half goes on and whilst you can sub on Digne its just a waste.

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He might not be but looks like he’s committed the ultimate sin and handed in a transfer request. 

Hasn't officially handed one in apparently, just wrote a letter to the hierarchy saying he would like to leave whether that's much different in any official capacity I couldn't say 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1090013989709496320

Likely he'll be off though 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Hasn't officially handed one in apparently, just wrote a letter to the hierarchy saying he would like to leave whether that's much different in any official capacity I couldn't say 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1090013989709496320

So begging to go but falls short of giving up his fee for the privilege. What a lovely bloke. 

Just now, EFC-Paul said:

I can respect that if that’s what he’s done then the conversations can be had as what happened with Lookman, but I heard he did ask to leave got turned down so put a transfer request in. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I can respect that if that’s what he’s done then the conversations can be had as what happened with Lookman, but I heard he did ask to leave got turned down so put a transfer request in. 

I’m the same. If he has just had a face to face and asked for this opportunity, as many have said, that’s fine. Couldn’t blame him for that, same as many others before him.

If he has handed in a transfer request, then go fk himself, I’m with Palfy and PeteO!

Regardless, come on lads. I’m hoping the manager has gave them a good kicking and instilled some fight.

Im really expecting them to come out playing for their lives tonight. If they don’t, then I will begin to question what the manager actually does.

42 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Baines is a better defender technically and tactically, he is a better passer and at least as good of a crosser but he empties as the 2nd half goes on and whilst you can sub on Digne its just a waste.

Well. It loks like Baines is starting. And I'm very happy for that. Don't get me wrong, Bailey. But I really hope you're wrong about Baines not being able to play on "full" for 90 minutes.