Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Huddersfield (Away) Tuesday 29th January

5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Not a bad first half. Tosun probably the brightest spark so far, although Davies has provided a lot of energy and even a bit of creativity going forward.

Some good link up play all on the right side, including from Bernard.

Other than the goal, Richarlison has been pretty poor, though he’s gotten back and defended with the same passion he did in the first 5 or so matches of the season for us.

Keane solid though with a few hiccups, and Zouma has played great as sweeper so far.

Siggy has been a bit industrious, but his end product doesn’t look there today at all.

Gomes has been invisible. Should be subbed off for McCarthy soon.

Siggy so much more involved in all phases of play. He is behind the ball a lot more and the team are in a much better shape.

I disagree about Gomes though. The less we hear from him in this game the better. He is more of a defensive playmaker sweeping up and retrieving the ball. Whilst he has the ability to be more expansive we dont need it at the moment. Keep it simple, keep control of the game and hopefully we can put away one of our chances.

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

The NBC sports broadcast is currently doing a vignette on what a great manager Sam Allardyce is. Officially never giving them my money.

Never heard of him, mate.

I think if we took Gomes off and brought McCarthy on, we would do these. I’m not seeing what most are seeing if I’m honest. We scored early and had that long range effort from Gylfi, but the rest has been our usual good play outside the box, and fall apart inside.

If we hadnt scored a goal, we would be moaning that Huddersfield are so bad, but playing through us too easy. It’s just a good job they are worse than us on the last third.

No that’s not fair, we are playing some good stuff up to the box, just need to create some chances now.

Just now, Bailey said:

Siggy so much more involved in all phases of play. He is behind the ball a lot more and the team are in a much better shape.

I disagree about Gomes though. The less we hear from him in this game the better. He is more of a defensive playmaker sweeping up and retrieving the ball. Whilst he has the ability to be more expansive we dont need it at the moment. Keep it simple, keep control of the game and hopefully we can put away one of our chances.

I agree with you. Shame you live in a different country. Would love to see a game with you.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That may be the strategy for this game, though I don’t think that is Gomes’ game. Would like to see him get on the ball and get it forward. He’s not solely a defensive player, and it would be nice to see a bit of involvement in the vein that we saw in his first few matches with us.

Gomes is a very different player to Fellaini, but part of his game is the same:  searching and receiving the ball, shaking it out of 2 players closing him and tucking it out to another player in a better position.  Except Gomes does it with silk instead of a pair of very small man tits covered in velcro and elbows covered in barbed wire.

You're a good man, Baines. I think he got an elbow to his ribs or something. Yet still bravle got up to that ball in front of our goal.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He’s imposing himself on this half much more as the cog that links us in midfield. Much more what I want to see from him.

Was gonna happen at some point. They have been threatening. Digne should have let him take his touch though. They are that poor it would have probably run into Pickfords arms.

Hopefully Baines’ injury isn’t too serious because we don’t have another LB in the squad. Looks like he’ll have to play a couple 90 minutes or else we’re going to look very lopsided for two and a quarter matches.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Was gonna happen at some point. They have been threatening. Digne should have let him take his touch though. They are that poor it would have probably run into Pickfords arms.

Have they even had a shot this half? 

This years rule change : players committing accidental fouls, that deny a goal scoring chance, will now be cautioned. It was not a sending off offence.

Just been told it was a couple of years ago, this year amended to say inside box yellow outside red, my bad 

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Have they even had a shot this half? 

They have had the ball in our box seven times so far.

sorry 8 now. They are controlling us in midfield Bailey, they are just poor up top. 

There’s  another chance for them, off target, but a chance.  Pretty much playing on the edge of our area. 

Good save from Pickford there as they get another chance. 

Problem os we are down to ten men. We’ve taken a man off from up top, but we’re playing long balls, which is allowing them to soak it up and retain possession. We need someone to grab the ball and take control a bit.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

They have had the ball in our box seven times so far.

sorry 8 now. They are controlling us in midfield Bailey, they are just poor up top. 

There’s  another chance for them, off target, but a chance.  Pretty much playing on the edge of our area. 

Good save from Pickford there as they get another chance. 

Problem os we are down to ten men. We’ve taken a man off from up top, but we’re playing long balls, which is allowing them to soak it up and retain possession. We need someone to grab the ball and take control a bit.

Course they are now but they were no threat before. We are playing with 10 men and no defensive midfielder, and 3 slow boats in that midfield 4. This is going to be a massive struggle.

DCL finally on.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Course they are now but they were no threat before. We are playing with 10 men and no defensive midfielder, and 3 slow boats in that midfield 4. This is going to be a massive struggle.

DCL finally on.

Sorry I meant seven before the sending off. Not sure you realise this mate, but it’s Huddersfield not City haha. 

Weve got just as many in defence and midfield as them. They aren’t good enough to have this much possession in the middle, nowhere near good enough. 

Dont get me wrong I’m happy with the here poinys for once, feels like it’s been a long time. But we’ve been poor for me. A better team would have smashed us.

I mean come on look at that, they are even tackling themselves in our area haha. These are poor on another level.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Sorry I meant seven before the sending off. Not sure you realise this mate, but it’s Huddersfield not City haha. 

Weve got just as many in defence and midfield as them. They aren’t good enough to have this much possession in the middle, nowhere near good enough. 

Dont get me wrong I’m happy with the here poinys for once, feels like it’s been a long time. But we’ve been poor for me. A better team would have smashed us.

I mean come on look at that, they are even tackling themselves in our area haha. These are poor on another level.

My thoughts exactly. We got the goal but really didn't create much else. Obviously the red card was where we really dropped off, but that performance was nowhere near good enough.