Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Wolverhampton (Home) Saturday February 2nd

Just now, Matt said:

Baines is so unfit. He needs to come off 

Agreed. Get a half out of him and make an adjustment at the start of the second. 

Also, Tosun did very well on the goal. Held the ball up, nice turn and laid it off perfectly

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Only had one save really to make, on the Dendoncker chance. Did I miss another one?

He’s stopped 2 at least 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

keane foul, coleman goes missing on the set piece.  how many set piece goals have we conceded?  surely we lead the league in them.

We’re now tied first with 11 in the league.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

keane foul, coleman goes missing on the set piece.  how many set piece goals have we conceded?  surely we lead the league in them.

Apparently Silvas goals conceded from set pieces is 30% in this league. If you can’t learn from that, you’ll never fulfill your potential 

Just now, Matt said:

Apparently Silvas goals conceded from set pieces is 30% in this league. If you can’t learn from that, you’ll never fulfill your potential 

Higher in the league... just 30% with us. Was 34% with Watford and 38% with Hull.

Terrible defending all half. We were lucky to still be in at when Gomes scored. 

Davies had put us into terrible but has also been driving us forward. Gomes also a mix of great and very sloppy.

Gilfy trying to get involved but not making much happen.

Theo totally anonymous.

Zouma started with some great challenges but much quieter since the yellow.

Tosun doing reasonably well but still needs to find another gear.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have to admit, i was wrong.  @Bailey said Marco was basically martinez mk II and i balked at that, i thought he was better defensively.  i was wrong.  he really is the same thing.  same issues.  very sad day.

Defending from open play is better than Martinez. He just absolutely needs to change our defensive set piece tactics.

We need three quarters of a back four. Digne can stay, rest can fuck off. Don't care how bad Silva is setting them up, do you think you'd have ever seen Martin Keown allow forwards such an easy time whatever the coaches were telling him? Defending is all about mentality, preferably with the physical attributes to back it up. Our centre backs and sadly now Coleman lack the former. 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have to admit, i was wrong.  @Bailey said Marco was basically martinez mk II and i balked at that, i thought he was better defensively.  i was wrong.  he really is the same thing.  same issues.  very sad day.

A broken clock and all that ;)

1 minute ago, nogs said:

We need three quarters of a back four. Digne can stay, rest can fuck off. Don't care how bad Silva is setting them up, do you think you'd have ever seen Martin Keown allow forwards such an easy time whatever the coaches were telling him? Defending is all about mentality, preferably with the physical attributes to back it up. Our centre backs and sadly now Coleman lack the former. 

Far too many individual mistakes. Three times in the first 25 minutes or so, Keane and Zouma caught napping. It really is horrible to watch. On the set piece, who Coleman is marking is absolutely beyond me.

It's Silvas responsibility to get the best out of the current. And he clearly doesn't. Our boys are better than this. Well. still hope for a much better second half because only a few good things to say about first half.

Getting really pissed off with hearing the abuse from individuals in our support. I get frustration but calling player fucking knobheads, telling a player he’s shite etc is just fucking stupid

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s still shite. When you know that 1/3rd if you goals are from set pieces, you need to reflect 

I’m saying it’s even worse than the stat you cited. It’s absolutely pathetic.

12 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Defending from open play is better than Martinez. He just absolutely needs to change our defensive set piece tactics.

One of two things he needs to change. But I fear he’s as stubborn as all the managers we’ve had in the last 15 years 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

It can't be long until Theo comes off for Lookman or Bernie.

Richarlison has at least tried. Theo seems lost. 

Just now, nyblue23 said:

I’m saying it’s even worse than the stat you cited. It’s absolutely pathetic.

My bad. Cooking, typing and watching means I’m not concentrating as well as I should. Apologies mate 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Apparently the last time we came back to win from 2-1 down at HT at Goodison was Wimbledon 1994.

Really? Damn...I even remember that match, I think.